• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Luggage - How many pieces are there?

Ben

Experienced Member
Trying to figure out exactly how many pieces the original NSX luggage from Michel Clo had. I've heard 2, and 3 pieces, but I know of at least 5 unique pieces that I've seen or seen photos of.

1. Large Suitcase
2. Small Roundish Bag
3. Large Briefcase
4. Small Briefcase
5. Leather Portfolio

Anything else? Does anyone have a full set of all 5 pieces?

Over the years, I've only managed to see 3 out of these 5 pieces, and never together in the same place.

According to the Wiki:

Luggage: four piece nested set, Michele Clo, Firenze Italy. Consists of: portfolio, attache, weekender/2-suiter ($1,145), and (I forget the name of the fourth). The "set" consisted of the last three only, which have also been available separately.

According to the Wiki:

Luggage: four piece nested set, Michele Clo, Firenze Italy. Consists of: portfolio, attache, weekender/2-suiter ($1,145), and (I forget the name of the fourth). The "set" consisted of the last three only, which have also been available separately.

I know what the Wiki says, but I guess it needs to be updated, as I know of at least 5 pieces mentioned in my first post. The Wiki is missing the large briefcase.

I know what the Wiki says, but I guess it needs to be updated, as I know of at least 5 pieces mentioned in my first post. The Wiki is missing the large briefcase.

I have never seen more then three, round, large and portfolio.

I have never seen more then three, round, large and portfolio.

I've either seen, or seen photos of all 5 distinct pieces.

LUGGAGE.gif

This photo shows the large suitcase, the small roundish bag, and the small briefcase.

AA-MICHEL_CLO.JPG

This is the large briefcase.

attachment.php

This is the portfolio.

:biggrin:

Can you confirm that there are 5, and only 5 pieces? Or are there other additional pieces not mentioned yet? :)

Trying to figure out exactly how many pieces the original NSX luggage from Michel Clo had. I've heard 2, and 3 pieces, but I know of at least 5 unique pieces that I've seen or seen photos of.

1. Large Suitcase
2. Small Roundish Bag
3. Large Briefcase
4. Small Briefcase
5. Leather Portfolio

Anything else? Does anyone have a full set of all 5 pieces?

Over the years, I've only managed to see 3 out of these 5 pieces, and never together in the same place.

Update to this post, apparently, there are 2 more pieces that were previously unknown to me:

6. Large Wallet

acura%20gear%2001.JPG

7. Bi-fold Wallet

acura%20gear%2002.JPG

7 Pieces? Were these last two items in the original set or were they offered as individual item sale but still made by the same company?

7 Pieces? Were these last two items in the original set or were they offered as individual item sale but still made by the same company?

As far as I know, the original "set" as offered by Acura was:

1. Large Suitcase
2. Small Roundish Bag
4. Small Briefcase

The other items were sold as separate pieces. All were made by the same manufacturer and in the same style.

Not sure about the number of pieces, but I know if you buy a set used on Prime you can get a nice used Lexus for the same money. :tongue:

I know we're talking luggage here, but FWIW there was a keychain that matches these items. The one I have came with the "Titanium" key to my car.

Since we're on the subject, a word to the wise: If anything similar is offered when the new NSX is released, I suggest you buy it, whether you're buying the car or not.
You'll be glad you did.

Possibly a key fob/case. At first I thought it was a tag for one of the cases, but its color pattern appears different.

Attachments

• photo2dt.jpg
    photo2dt.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,602
why is the large briefcase considered part of the set? It doesn't look like it has the nsx logo anywhere and doesnt color match the other pieces?

Here's a couple clearer pics of the large briefcase.

DSI_1478.JPG

DSI_1477.JPG

Last edited:
thanks for the close up Ben, looks like getting an entire set with everything pictured so far isnt going to happen unless another collector decides to quit.

as for being a woman's bag, I umm.. bought it for my wife :biggrin:

The keyfob was previously unknown to me as well. So, that brings the total number of pieces to 8 now.

1. Large Suitcase
2. Small Roundish Bag
3. Large Briefcase
4. Small Briefcase
5. Leather Portfolio
6. Large Wallet
7. Bi-Fold Wallet

8. Key Fob

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back