• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Sold in Canada by year

Guys, Some interesting information about the numbers of NSX Sold in Canada, by model year over the 15 years production run.

Looks, like if you have a 1999 or 2003, there is only one NSX sold in Canada during these years.

Model year Numbers Sold
1991 442
1992 115
1993 15
1994 42
1995 45
1996 3
1997 9
1998 7
1999 1
2000 3
2001 6
2002 4
2003 1
2004 2
2005 3
Total 698

Bram

I don't get it? I thought for sure they sold more. Now that I think about it; I never seen an ad for the NSX during their production. If nobody knows about the car, how are they going to sell them? No wonder they don't make them anymore :frown:

And don't forget that Acura dealers who often sold the NSX were the only ones to get repeat orders of the car from factory. Not every dealership was allowed to order in the later years and combined with the close retail of $140,000 made the car an expensive proposition. Our U.S. counterparts were lucky in that they were given a $799/month lease option...

There was alot of advertising for the NSX in the earlier years and I still have some of the original newspaper clippings and magazine adverts.

The first NSX advert was the newspaper fold out supplement entitled "Welcome to the New World" in Canada. It had a 91 Berlina Black on the front and the backside was the see thru scematic with specs etc. The MRSP for it was stated at $79,999.

I remember the Ads that Acura ran back then, and I have a copy of the new paper supplement.

Man, $79,999.00 in 1991 to $140,000.00 MSRP in 1995 thru 2005

I also believe there was a price increase in 1994...have to check

Bram

"Welcome to the New World" in Canada. It had a 91 Berlina Black on the front and the backside was the see thru scematic with specs etc. The MRSP for it was stated at $79,999.

I love the Welcome to the New World ads. They ran in conjunction to the amazing ad showing the old Italian men sitting in Modena/Maranello/wherever and the NSX rolls by and they're all confused that it wasn't a Ferrari :)

A patient of mine gave me a French version of the pull out ad. Based on what the company has turned into, it's almost unbelievable at one time they built and marketed something as incredible as the NSX.

The owner of Acura West in London loves to tell the story about the 2 page add he ran in the Globe and Mail when they got the NSX in 1990. One page had a black one and the other had a white one. They kept the dealership open late all week. They signed deals for over 70 NSXs in a week, but couldn't fill all the orders because the US dealers were able to sell for over MSRP. They still sold more NSXs in the first year than any dealer in Canada.

What makes it more believable is that they were one of the first Acura dealers in Ontario. It must have been like being the only Porsche dealership in the province.

What makes it more believable is that they were one of the first Acura dealers in Ontario. It must have been like being the only Porsche dealership in the province.

LOL... Some really low #'s now more attractive to go States side now for a nice clean used one. My first 2 were 100% Canadian Beef, and the 3rd one is Mad-Cow import from the U.S. :wink:

I would have love to get the completed NSX database from Acura, but there are issues with customer privacy.

This database does have some interesting things like colour combination, transmission type, selling dealership and other information.

Bram

I would have love to get the completed NSX database from Acura, but there are issues with customer privacy.

This database does have some interesting things like colour combination, transmission type, selling dealership and other information.

Bram

Ben and I have already worked on this. We received from Acura Canada all production numbers (shown in the WIKI) and are working on the specifics including transmission, color, etc. I did notice though that Bram's numbers are 2 less than we were provided by Honda but when we have run the VIN's some have come up with errors.

All cars are recorded except the 91's and 92's due to the sheer number sold in those years. We have the VIN's and have a dealer running each to determine the combinations. We should have this information soon though..:biggrin:

Here's the chart we've made so far:

Attachments

• Canadian_NSX_Production_Numbers.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Thanks 4 the info Bram. Iam glad I bought that poster "Weclome to the
the New World" way back in 95 at Toronto Auto Show. The poster is framed and hanging in the garage beside my 91 NSX..... and I thought it was just an NSX poster but a 1st. Now I am going to the garage to take a look and to say ya baby!

Thanks 4 the info Bram. Iam glad I bought that poster "Weclome to the
the New World" way back in 95 at Toronto Auto Show. The poster is framed and hanging in the garage beside my 91 NSX..... and I thought it was just an NSX poster but a 1st. Now I am going to the garage to take a look and to say ya baby!
This Fall I bought a used car (NIssan X-trail) from an Acura dealership. Offered to buy that same poster. They had it hanging in the used car office. It was badly faded, and they still would not sell it to me. I even threatend not to buy the car without the poster. They still would not let it go! :frown:

They were *asking* whatever they wanted during those later years and *taking* whatever they could get.

Mine was listed at $125k when I walked into that showroom. That price was irrelevant to me and the entire 5 minute negotiation.

Any idea how many were imported from the US. Doesn't have to be year specific. Just approximate US cars currently in Canada

Any idea how many were imported from the US. Doesn't have to be year specific. Just approximate US cars currently in Canada

There very well could be more imported cars than Canadian Cars in Canada today.
I imported a 1991 numbered 732.

Keep in mind there were lots of NSX's that was exported to the States when the Canadian dollar was around .60C US a few years back.

So over all we may have the same numbers give or take a few.

Bram

Last edited:
These numbers prove how rare our cars actually are.

A guy I know was saying he has a rare limited edition 92 camaro ... approx 700 were built that year along with 70,000 other camaro models. He had a hard time believing that less then 700 NSXs were sold in Canada during its life.:smile:

I would love to know how many are still on the road today. To bad we don't have access to government and/or insurance databases.

Dan

Keep in mind there were lots of NSX's that was exported to the States when the Canadian dollar was around .60C US a few years back.

So over all were we may have the same numbers give or take a few.

Bram

You are right. A great example is Alinjack. He imported his '91 from the US. (it is an original Canadian Car) So this Canadian car was exported to the US from Canada, then Alan imported it back to Canada.

Last edited:
Guys, Some interesting information about the numbers of NSX Sold in Canada, by model year over the 15 years production run.

Looks, like if you have a 1999 or 2003, there is only one NSX sold in Canada during these years.

Model year Numbers Sold
1991 442
1992 115
1993 15
1994 42
1995 45
1996 3
1997 9
1998 7
1999 1
2000 3
2001 6
2002 4
2003 1
2004 2
2005 3
Total 698

Bram
I found a Honda document that shows 701 sold in Canada.
Honda 2007 fact book: http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/downloadmedia?rb=Y&item=reports&itemid=12
see page 33 for Canada info.
Also shows:

8997 sold in the US
701 sold in Canada
1559 sold in Europe / Middle East / Africa
7420 sold in Japan
18685 total sold
keep this in mind: This is cars sold by year, not model years sold.

Canada sales by year
1990 156
1991 253
1992 91
1993 64
1994 31
1995 38
1996 16
1997 13
1998 10
1999 5
2000 6
2001 4
2002 3
2003 2
2004 6
2005 1
2006 2

Total 701

Last edited:
Interesting, however the numbers by model year that I provided came directly from Honda Canada.

Not sure how they can sell 156 in 1990 and 2 in 2006, knowing that production stopped in 2005. Some way along the line the number are not quite right from this source.

I would used these numbers as a guideline for Canada.

Bram

The ones sold in 1990 were 1991s, just like other models.
I'm sure a couple of 2005's were sold in 2006 as well.

Back