• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone ever used Enclosed Vehicle Transport?

http://www.enclosedvehicletransport.com/

I have spoken to several companies and they are right up there pricewise with Exotic Car Transport. The problem I found with ECT is they couldn't give me any guarentee when my car would be shipped out. I am considering using Enclosed Vehicle Transport company to ship my new car.

Suggestions or Comments?

http://www.enclosedvehicletransport.com/

I have spoken to several companies and they are right up there pricewise with Exotic Car Transport. The problem I found with ECT is they couldn't give me any guarentee when my car would be shipped out. I am considering using Enclosed Vehicle Transport company to ship my new car.

Suggestions or Comments?

Some feedback I got from Kyras when I was looking into shipping a car:

"I used ALPINE Transport Inc. I found them by going to the Transport Reviews website. I called about three companies. The prices were all close and I paid $1,400. I was very happy with Alpine but you need to see which companies make the run you need, on a normal basis. I think the website has a place where you can put that in and then read up the reviews people write.

http://transportreviews.com/ <---This is a good website to figure out who to use. I was told NOT to use a broker since you don't know who will actually be shipping your car. Use a company that is owner/operator, where you talk to the owner. I had the phone number of my truck driver and I could call him to see where he was. He even came a day or two early. I know I'm not wording it correctly about owner/operator but just don't get a broker who takes your money and then just farms out your car to who ever he hires. The drivers should work only for the shipping company".

I HIGHLY recommend Showtime Motorsports. They are NOT a broker - they are their own company. Don't opt for the vehicle insurance coverage, it already exists in the package by law (showtime taught me this trick). They mentioned anyone charging for additional insurance coverage, is only adding $$ on top for profit, it's not for insurance.

IMG00012-20090816-0959.jpg

Last edited:
Call Pacific Eastern Express 800-404-9011 and tell Connie Charles Hart from Acura of Lynnwood referred you.
I and my company have used them several times including transporting an NSX across country from Washington state to Florida state without issue. The drivers keep in personal contact with you throughout the trip for time updates and ETA.

I also used Showtime Motorsports when I transported my NSX from back East to the West Coast. They are very reliable and professional.

There are at least a few threads in the last couple years on transportation options. Check them out :cool:

I called a few of those that were recommended and none of them could run the route from Louisville to Las Vegas. I called Exotic Car Transport and they first said they could do it and later were completely uninterested and doing the shipping. I felt like I was wasting their time by getting a quote. I will call a few that you mentioned. Intercity Lines was helpful too.

Please don't use Intercity. I spent 3 months fighting them and the BBB for false promises and wasted time.

This is the only shipper you need:

http://www.demoise.com/

I don't know why this thread got revived by I used them over a year ago and it was fine. At the time I was looking for different types of enclosed carriers. The one I used was fine. They did a great job.

Call SUE @ Murphy AUTO Transport, open and closed units. Open cost is about $.50 per mile. Nice people great service. JD

"I used ALPINE Transport Inc. I found them by going to the Transport Reviews website. I called about three companies. The prices were all close and I paid $1,400. I was very happy with Alpine but you need to see which companies make the run you need, on a normal basis. I think the website has a place where you can put that in and then read up the reviews people write.

http://transportreviews.com/ <---This is a good website to figure out who to use. I was told NOT to use a broker since you don't know who will actually be shipping your car. Use a company that is owner/operator, where you talk to the owner. I had the phone number of my truck driver and I could call him to see where he was. He even came a day or two early. I know I'm not wording it correctly about owner/operator but just don't get a broker who takes your money and then just farms out your car to who ever he hires. The drivers should work only for the shipping company".

I've been doing a lot of research on auto transport and I would say that transportreviews.com isn't as unbiased as the BBB website and a google search when it comes to doing your research on the companies. For starters, the companies can pay for reviews on that site. The transport website helped me find companies and solicit bids but when I double checked the bidders against BBB reviews it was easy to eliminate the ones with bad reviews. For example, some would have great reviews on the website but had 50+ complaints in 3 years on the BBB website. Also, some brokers may be worth using as they know the business and have valuable experience that can save you from making a big mistake. I think I will end up shipping the car with these guys, they only have 1 complaint in the past 3 years with the BBB, while other companies had 50+. I spoke with one of their guys and he explained the business to me and what to watch out for (which is what caught my eye about them on the transportreview website in the first place). I'll try to follow up on the experience if I end up going with them.

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/automobile-transporting-services/capitol-auto-transport-in-hollywood-fl-92006961

Interesting! Didn't know this!

I HIGHLY recommend Showtime Motorsports. They are NOT a broker - they are their own company. Don't opt for the vehicle insurance coverage, it already exists in the package by law (showtime taught me this trick). They mentioned anyone charging for additional insurance coverage, is only adding $$ on top for profit, it's not for insurance.

IMG00012-20090816-0959.jpg

Alpine Transport inc.

Thank you for the positive words. We can't do it with out the people we do business with and keeping a good reputation. We have had several customers call mentioning your comments. Your always welcome to call or e-mail anytime. The best way to get a quote is to visit our web site. www.alpinetransport.com Thank you and have a nice weekend.-mike

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of things. Depending on the distance and weather. The thing about an open transport. The car is %110 percent more protected than you driving it. But.....most open carriers can not load a low profile car. SUV's open...all day long. Low profile vehicles and my 15 years of experience driving car haulers. I recommend an enclosed transport more just because the covered transports are equipped for low profile vehicles and the drivers handle cars like NSXs all the time. If you would like to ever check us out. You can find us at www.alpinetransport.com. Thank you and have a nice day.

Back