• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do I fit 4 stock tires inside the NSX to bring to the track?

Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a set of 91 rims to use as track rims/tires. I recall a long time ago someone figured how to fit all 4 stock rims/tires inside the NSX in order to bring them and swap them out at the track. Does anyone remember how he did it? I tried yesterday and can't figure it out. :confused:

Thanks,
Ed

That was done by Ken.. I'm quite sure this was the process:

1 - trunk
2 - front passenger footwell... scoot seat forward
3 - behind passenger seat
4 - on the seat

ok.. correction based on video... it's 2 in the front seat.. :)

that's a funny video btw.

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGIkHzJ1fQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iGIkHzJ1fQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4069758789_318cd30d94.jpg

rso got it! I was too busy yelling at the computer screen about the sorta kinda "stolen" nsx.....:rolleyes:

Well what I did to pick up my rims was removed the passenger seat, put 2 inside and 2 in the trunk with the trunk open,, kinda wedged them in was funny going down the highway with my trunk open doing 120Mph, people were like what the Fudge!

You don't need to leave the trunk open, and you don't need to remove the passenger seat.

I'm quite sure this was the process:

1 - trunk
2 - front passenger footwell... scoot seat forward
3 - behind passenger seat
4 - on the seat

ok.. correction based on video... it's 2 in the front seat.. :)
More specifically...

1. Rear tire in the trunk.
2. Scoot seat all the way forward and put a front tire behind the seat. You can then slide the seat back but it won't move much.
3. Two tires upright on the seat, standing up facing the side (same orientation as the tires on the car). I put the rear tire in the center (next to the console) and the front tire on the outside.

All of this works with stock '91-93 wheels and tire sizes (205/50-15 and 225/50-16). I haven't tried it with any larger sizes. The tightest fit is the front tire behind the passenger seat, so if your tires are any larger than these sizes, that's the one to check first.

All of this works with stock '91-93 wheels and tire sizes (205/50-15 and 225/50-16). I haven't tried it with any larger sizes. The tightest fit is the front tire behind the passenger seat, so if your tires are any larger than these sizes, that's the one to check first.

What do you think the possibility of accomplishing this with the factory '95-'01 Solaris wheels is? (I think 215/45-16 and 255/40-17 Falken Azenis)

What do you think the possibility of accomplishing this with the factory '95-'01 Solaris wheels is? (I think 215/45-16 and 255/40-17 Falken Azenis)
I don't know. I'm pretty confident that you wouldn't have a problem with the ones on the seat or the one in the trunk. As for the one behind the seat, I don't know; you'd have to try it and see.

Don't forget the low profile car jack and related tools.
All of this stuff fits:
Packnsx.jpg

I was able to get 02 OEM tires mounted to 17x7 and 17x9 Volk GT-Cs in my car, but it definitely didn't fit as nicely as yours did since the wheels could not go side by side on the front passenger seat.
new_look.JPG

hey guys

thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work b/c i'm running 225 50 15 in the front and 265 45 16's in the rear on OEM 91 rims. I tried getting 1 rear wheel in the trunk, but the tire was just too big (trunk won't close). Therefore only 1 front tire fit in the trunk (closed) and i tried to squeeze 2 rears and 1 front wheel in the passenger seat. after 25 minutes of sweating there is no way in hell it was going to work. :mad:

i think i have to get smaller tires in order to make this work. Or am i correct to conclude that there's no way my setup will fit inside the NSX?

Thanks for you help.

Ed

try fitting the front in the trunk; and if your track day do not let you carry passenger anyway, take the pass. seat off; it's only 5 bolts.

I've been fitting 235/40/17 and 275/35/18 this way

now if you can have one of your buddy take one wheel for you, then you be fine without taking pass. seat away.

have fun at the track

I'm going to find out if this works with oem-ish 215/45r16 and 255/40r17 sized tires this weekend...will update with what I find.

Getting some all seasons put on since I've got some road trips I want to take in the car this winter, weather permitting.

all 4 will fit in the trunk

put the rear on the outside and the front in the middle on top of each other drive with trunk open I do it all the time

I surprised no one has posted pics of a random NSX hauling stuff around cuz that would be me.

when I do this I look around and I see people snapping pics so I know they are out there on someone cellphone

With three tires inside the car, which have done once but never again, you don't want to have an accident. Beat to death by flying tires. Lance

This.

I fit four tires in my car (three in the cabin, one in the trunk) to get them mounted, and while it is definitely possible to fit four tires in the car, it is a very tight fit, and I couldn't see the passenger side mirror. Next time, I'll just have my wife or a friend take the tires in another car. Better to be safe than sorry! :)

Yuck, blocking mirror makes it a no go. I'll just pick them up the next day if that's the case

You still have the use of the left side mirror and the regular rear view mirror in the middle. It's only the right side mirror that gets blocked. And IIRC, if you lean forward a bit, you can still use the right side mirror too.

Back