• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autowave high performance harmonic balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing a replacement high performance crankshaft harmonic dampener We are going into production on these and we are doing an initial order of 10 special introductory pricing of $585. These harmonic balancers are used by top race teams through out motor sports eliminating engine harmonics in high horse power high rpm applications.. The stock NSX dampener was designed for a 300hp stock engine. as engines produce more horsepower the harmonic level in the engine increases thus needing a high performance harmonic dampener. Over time we have seen these stock harmonic dampener come apart ruining engines.
figsd.jpg

damper_serp.jpg

The solution? The ATI Torsional Super Damper® - the unconventional, unbonded elastomer Super Damper™ that is actually 2 dampers in 1 diameter.

The ATI Super Damper®, U.S. Patent #5,425,287, is the only damper designed exclusively for high RPM performance engines. The proven elastomer design is actually two dampers in one: a 4" inner diameter and a 7" diameter damper contained in 2 shells that bolt to the crank hub. The inner and outer shells are available in steel and in aluminum to contain the steel inertia weight.

The inertia weight has 8 computer-machined grooves to retain the proper durometer o-rings (dyno tested for each application), and installed at ATI. O-ring life has been tested to over 3 million cycles in Nextel Cup competition (6500+ RPM, 500+ miles) and 10 years (188 - 11 round weekends) in drag racing. The unit is rebuildable to new specifications by installing new O-rings.

Extensive dyno and on-the-track testing by ATI, GM, Toyota Racing Development (TRD), and NASCAR engine builders have proven the Super Damper® far superior to all other designs, especially on engines that turn over 6,000 RPM— making it the damper of choice in NASCAR.

All units are SFI manufacturer certified and exceed SFI spec. 18-1. The patented Super Damper® also gives you guaranteed performance. Your car will run as fast or faster than with your present damper or your money back. Dyno tests have proven the Super Damper® will allow the engine to produce as much as 45 HP over a Fluidampr at 7,500 RPMs and commonly 12 to 30 HP over OEM and other aftermarket brands.

We will be doing inhouse dyno testing on these when we receive them. The testing will be done on a stock nsx.

These Crank pulleys will be made to stock size

Who will this be fore? Everyone especially engines that are supercharged or turbocharged

Is the balancer available only in a oe 6 rib type design belt? Or can your company custom a 8 rib as well?

I am running a 8 rib on my S/C, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks.

How much do these weigh compared to the OE part?

Is the balancer available only in a oe 6 rib type design belt? Or can your company custom a 8 rib as well?

Thanks.

the first order are for stock replacements if you would like a 8 rib Iam sure we can have one made for you give us a call at the shop

Kick ass part guys... Finally someone did it.

This should go on every NSX at the next 30k service.

I hope it ends up at dealerships (with your distribution rights).

I hope members don't think this is hijacking since I'm a vendor... But if you own an NSX... your crazy not to get one of these.

We stand by every comment made in the very well described description of this.

When I put a c30 back in one of our NSX's... I'll be contacting you...

Regards

Awesome...'bout time someone offered these. IIRC, the ATI damper was mentioned before and they wanted a minimum order in order to fab these up.

Thanks for offering these guys, it's a highly recommended component.

I have been waiting for this for a long time as well. A critical part for our older NSX's, since who knows how long the new OEM dampers have been sitting on the parts shelf at Honda... :rolleyes:

Nice, can't wait to see the dyno chart on this.

By reducing parasitic loss due to crank twist and harmonic vibration. This is an excellent design and is on my list for my next TB/WP service, but I don't think you're going to see 45hp on the NSX. Those numbers likely come from large pushrod V8's. I want to see a dyno as well, but my NSX psychic force predicts 5-10hp max on the C30A. :D The real benefit of this part is the reduction in strain on the rotating assembly over 6000rpm- and the fact that it can't explode and ruin your engine like the OEM part. A must for tracked NSX's if you ask me.

Hows this add HP?

I have been waiting for this for a long time as well. A critical part for our older NSX's, since who knows how long the new OEM dampers have been sitting on the parts shelf at Honda... :rolleyes:
Actually, probably not very long. They aren't stocked by most dealerships, and they've been ordered at a much faster pace in the past few years as word got around about their potential failure. I know they were back ordered not long ago, which means any you buy were manufactured relatively recently.

I guess this is another goodie I will have to add later. Good job Mike.

Obviously makes sense to do it during a tbelt service but I just did mine. Wondering how much labor is involved with just swapping this piece. Maybe I'll just do it at the next tbelt...

:wink:

2qmjggz.jpg

205w2fd.jpg

55h2lz.jpg

First one ever for the NSX. This one will have a special pulley to run our dry sump oil pump. Awesome piece Autowave!

This seems to be missing the female hex that the factory damper has for removal and replacement/torquing of the damper. Is there another provision or are you relying on an impact gun?

I had ATI design and build a 8 rib about a year ago so it is available go to ATI direct.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back