• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

REQUESTING FEEDBACK: New form for Group Buys

The number of group buys seems to be growing in recent months. I would like to bring a little more order to the chaos since large amounts of money are often involved.

I plan to set up a mandatory form for all group buys. Here is what I have so far. Tear it apart, add to it, ask questions, etc.

Input from people who have run group buys would be particularly appreciated.

--------------------

[Admin Note: This must be posted at the top of every group buy thread. Do not use any special formatting / fonts / etc. in this section.]

NSX Prime Group Buy Form

This is a:
[ ] Direct vendor group buy
[ ] Third party group buy
     If third party, payment will be made:
       [ ] Directly to the vendor (must link to vendor's NSX Prime Vendor page or include address and contact info.)
       [ ] To a third party (Any third party taking payment must follow Vendor Requirements)

Minimum Number of Units:
(by definition a group buy requires a non-trivial minimum number of units to "make it happen"; you can use tiered pricing)

Maximum Number of Units (can be unlimited):

Closing Date (max. 90 days - no open-ended group buys):

Product Will Ship: [ ] As payments are received
                         [ ] After the group buy is closed

Payment Procedure: [ ] No deposit, payment due prior to shipping
                            [ ] Deposit of ____ upon sign up, balance due ________
                            [ ] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted (indicate any convenience fees):

Estimated Delivery Time / Date:

Product Pricing (can be tiered):

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included):

Signup List (optional for unlimited unit group buys with non-tiered pricing):

Product Info, Photos, etc.:

I didn't see it originally, but I think it is exactly right as is.

:)

Edit: Where to put pictures? Before or after the form info? Also, do we have to keep the typo in "Minimun" or can we spell that correctly? :D

Last edited:
All the pictures in my group buy thread seem to not be showing up. I Need help with resolving this asap! Thanks!

Best Regards,
Danny
Fivestar Autoworx, Inc.
3100 W 84th street, Bay #10
Hialeah, FL 33018
786.528.5930 office
786.271.3455 mobile
305.698.9989 fax

I didn't see it originally, but I think it is exactly right as is.

:)

Edit: Where to put pictures? Before or after the form info? Also, do we have to keep the typo in "Minimun" or can we spell that correctly? :D

I fixed the typo, thanks :tongue:

I also edited the last line to say "Product Info, Photos, etc."... you can put whatever additional info you want starting there.

All the pictures in my group buy thread seem to not be showing up. I Need help with resolving this asap! Thanks!

Hi Danny - It should be fixed now. I had not enabled HTML on the new forum so your HTML image links didn't work. I turned HTML on and it looks fine now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just checked and its working now. No problem, and thanks for the quick reply!

Best Regards,
Danny
Fivestar Autoworx, Inc.
3100 W 84th street, Bay #10
Hialeah, FL 33018
786.528.5930 office
786.271.3455 mobile
305.698.9989 fax

why would you say that? i will deal with your question when i return am back from vacation. i'm not sure how i want to handle it yet. i generally don't like "feeler" threads at all.
Okay i see ill wait for your response.
Thanks!

After considering it, I do not want "feeler" threads in the group buy forum.

I can understand a vendor wanting to do a "feeler" thread before having a part produced. Production can take considerable time and money and it can be nice to know there is interest first. This can be done in the Vendor forum.

But for a group buy, either do it or don't. If there is interest, great. If not, the group buy just won't happen. There is no major cost associated with this. This is the same reason we don't have "feeler" threads in the private user "for sale" sections. If someone wants to sell their car, they can sell it. There is no point (outside of maybe some sort of personal validation) to just seeing if people are interested in buying IF they should decide to sell it.

If you or others feel there is a strong reason that I am overlooking to have such threads, please make a case for allowing them.

Since the separate Group Buy forum was apparently somehow confusing, I consolidated Group Buy back into the main Vendor forum. I created a new Group Buy prefix in that section. Please see the updated Vendor Rules announcement in that forum for more details.

The 'group buy' template in the beginning of this thread does not say that you REQUIRED to register as a vendor.
The thread I started was DELETED because I had not registered as a vendor. Can future threads that are in violation of the NSX Prime rules be suspended instead of being deleted, it would make this process a 'learning experience' rather than a loss of time.

The 'group buy' template in the beginning of this thread does not say that you REQUIRED to register as a vendor.
The thread I started was DELETED because I had not registered as a vendor. Can future threads that are in violation of the NSX Prime rules be suspended instead of being deleted, it would make this process a 'learning experience' rather than a loss of time.

It does specifically say all third parties must follow vendor requirements:

image.jpeg

And what does "suspended" mean? A GB that doesn't follow the rules cannot remain visible so what is "suspended"?

Last edited:
What stated as a 'I want a spare' has turned into a longer process. I don't really want to become a vendor. And I'm sorry I did properly read the print.
What I mean by suspend is maybe turn it into a draft to be approved then the any time use to make the 'group buy' is not wasted but critiqued and edited to be published instead of just deleted into space.

What stated as a 'I want a spare' has turned into a longer process. I don't really want to become a vendor. And I'm sorry I did properly read the print.
What I mean by suspend is maybe turn it into a draft to be approved then the any time use to make the 'group buy' is not wasted but critiqued and edited to be published instead of just deleted into space.

Still not quite sure what you wanted done. You said you don't want to become a vendor and that's fine but then your GB thread has to be deleted. If you wanted to register your thread would be restored upon approval of your vendor application. The is no need to approve a "draft" since it can always be restored if and when you become a vendor.

Back