• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Web Design and SEO Services

I do Web Design mainly for small business. I enjoy working with wordpress because it is a great platform for Blogging and also works well as a CMS.

I also do Search Engine Optimization services for business of all sizes.

PM me if you have any questions or if I can help with any project your may have.

Thanks Prime.

NetViper Interactive, Inc
720 Eagle Point Dr.
St. Augustine, FL 32092

You should take a look at Drupal for CMS. It's like Wordpress but on steroids. I recently just completed a new website for a client using Drupal and I have to say I really like it - and that coming from a hard core programmer that prefers custom code vs CMS.

Jim

You should take a look at Drupal for CMS. It's like Wordpress but on steroids. I recently just completed a new website for a client using Drupal and I have to say I really like it - and that coming from a hard core programmer that prefers custom code vs CMS.

Jim

Hi Jim. I have played with Drupal a little. It is more powerful than wordpress, but for the majority of sites that I do I don't need anything that powerful. My old companies newspaper sites all all built on drupal. They had to hack it over and over to make it work how they wanted. Then the new version of drupal came out and it was going to cost them HUGE amounts of money to change because of all the hacks. That gave me a bad taste on drupal.

I would like to get in to it a little more in the future. Maybe you can give me some tips.

Last edited:
I have some great video tutorials on Drupal. They are HD and 11 GB, so let me scale them down and I will send you a link to download.

Here is an on going WIP on a site in Drupal. http://natda.org

This was done in about a week and if I had to do it the traditional php/Dreamweaver way it would have taken me a month++. It's all mySQL driven CMS.

Jim

I have some great video tutorials on Drupal. They are HD and 11 GB, so let me scale them down and I will send you a link to download.

Here is an on going WIP on a site in Drupal. http://natda.org

This was done in about a week and if I had to do it the traditional php/Dreamweaver way it would have taken me a month++. It's all mySQL driven CMS.

Jim

Very nice.

Just to get the discussion started.
What kind of software do you prefer using?

I pretty much use Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash and Wordpress.

For E-commerce I was using OSCMAX, but I don't really like it. I will try Magento for the next E-commerce site I do.

Last edited:
Nothing can touch Dreamweaver right now, for a novice or pro. My second favorite for the mac and is a lot cheaper is Coda.

Magneto is a great Opensource e-commerce platform. Difficult to custom theme, but the stock theme is done very professionally and nice out of the box.

Nothing can touch Dreamweaver right now, for a novice or pro. My second favorite for the mac and is a lot cheaper is Coda.

Magneto is a great Opensource e-commerce platform. Difficult to custom theme, but the stock theme is done very professionally and nice out of the box.

Dreamweaver is good, but I have found working with Wordpress that I barely use it. Firebug is ESSENTIAL though.

So all your web sites are based off content management systems rather than old fashion way of design pages and filling them up.

I do it both ways, but now I prefer using wordpress because of all the plugins available. It makes life much easier.

My own site is still flat pages. I need to redo it one day.

How do you handle wordpress updates? I got tired of them having a security hole every other week that required me to update versions (especially if you have it on many sites like I did). I eventually gave up and nuked them all.

We're using Kentico for CMS. I just went to a CMS debate and the Kentico guy came this close to slapping the Drupal guy in the face with a glove and challenging him to a duel :)

Guys who do website development....I would like your info and pricing on doing websites thanks.

Back