• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Spacers

I know some folks have been using aftermarket wheels and also some aftermarket calipers on their NSXs, and they sometimes have problems with the wheels coming into contact with the calipers or the suspension components. One solution that may work are wheel spacers. These are flat disks that fit between the wheels and the hub, and they move the wheel out ever so slightly.

I bought two different sets of these from R&S Racing, one set that's 1/8" thick and another that's 3/16" thick, but I never used them.

Wheel Spacers 1/8” 5 lug

Set of 4 wheel spacers for 5 lugs. 1/8” thick. Fits bolt diameter 4.5” (114.3 mm) to 4.75”. Stamped steel, Gold zinc plated, Drilled for 5/8" studs, 7" outer diameter, 3.0625" inner diameter. New, never used. Item 101-125 from R&S Racing. $25 plus shipping from Chicago.

Wheel Spacers 3/16” 5 lug

Set of 4 wheel spacers for 5 lugs. 3/16” thick. Fits bolt diameter 4.5” (114.3 mm) to 5”. Made from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum. Drilled for 5/8" studs, 7.5" outer diameter, 3.5" inner diameter. New, never used. Item R99-160 from R&S Racing. $25 plus shipping from Chicago.

Im interested, you got mail!
biggrin.gif

Z

Ken do you know what size is appropriate for the front wheels as far as the inner/outer dimensions? Would the studs have to be replaced with the 3/16" spacers? Thx for the e-mail unfortunately I'm unable to send mail. Plz call 651-283-8648.

I'm quite sure that the inner/outer diameter of these spacers will work just fine. As for the thickness, I don't know for sure if the studs would have to be replaced. I've heard some people say that the lug nut should have at least six threads covered; I've heard others say that the length of the threads that are covered should be as much as the width (diameter) of the stud. I'm pretty sure that the 1/8" spacer wouldn't be a problem and I think that the 3/16" spacer would probably be okay, but I haven't checked the lug nuts to see how much of the stud is covered with the stock wheels and studs and whether it would still be okay with either thickness of spacer.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 15 December 2002).]

Back