• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 05 is finally here

After searching for 20 months, my 05 was delivered this week. During my search NSX Prime provided so much help and I really appreciate all the guys who's been so kind and knowledgeable. Specially thanks to Jason and Danny, who provided so much wisdom in NSX and NSX purchasing. I also want to thank Brian (sourcensx) to send his NSX technician to do the PPI for me; they did an awesome job.

I used Horseless Carriage for the enclosed shipping, and they're excellent. They constantly let me know exactly where they were. As shown in the picture, the previous owner powder coated the OEM wheels black. I really didn't like it much at first, but now it's growing on me. I walked away from this car last October because I didn't want to spent another 2k for OEM silver wheels. The previous owner is a Porsche maniac and apparently owns nearly 40 cars. He asked the dealership to find him a NSX, and before he could drove it he powder coated the rims black to "match his GT2". Three weeks after that, he traded it back to the dealership for another Porsche. According to the sales manager, his word was "NSX has no power at all; I'll take another Porsche over that @#$%." Well, his loss is my gain because I prefer NSX over Porsche. I really really love and enjoy my new big toy.

On the day of delivery:
IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

Changed oil/filter and applied Zaino today:
IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Edited: some picture links were broken.

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome! Now, the modding begins :biggrin:

edit: just noticed you've been here since 2004! I retract my welcome statement.. =)

Last edited:
Good looking NSX. I like the stock nsx look, but those black wheels go nicely with the silver body.

Enjoy! Mine has been stuck in the garage for over a month because of snow in D.C. Oregon is a better place to own an nsx.

Congrats on the purchase.
I guess the wheels do have to grow on you or they might look better in person. I'm just not reallying feeling them right now. But hey, it's your car so do enjoy it !!

You have good taste on your cars!

Beautiful car. 20 months or 1 month of searching - doesn't make much difference once you find her - always well worth the wait ! Congrats on the purchase! :biggrin: Jay

congats,,,,,enjoy your new toy,,,oh and black oem wheels on a silver car look apropriate:cool:

Nice car but why settle for the black wheels if they have to grow on you? You can get all the wheels refinished back to the oem color for a few hundred dollars at any reputable wheel repair shop, then it will be perfect.

Congrats!
I typically do not like black wheels, but the OEM wheels in black look really good on the silver car!
Keep it for a while it's a classic!

Congrats! How many miles?

Very nice car. I thought I would be put off by the black wheels as well but if the powdercoating job looks good I wouldn't bother with them. They really compliment the car quite well. I wonder how they would look on NA1.

Looks good. I like the black wheels personally.

Congrats, when you said that your not a fan of the wheels but they are growing on you, didnt your mother always tell you follow your "gut" Feeling,, go back to the factory rims,, the black rims make it look like a 16 year old drives it, but I wish it was mine!! LOL

As many have said before when others buy a new car that is the same color as theirs -well sort of - "silver is the fastest color"! Looks great.

I wouldn't think it would cost you too much to return the wheels to the original color if you decide you would like them better. I like the stock appearance myself - I just have custom wheels that came with mine. I'm actually thinking of putting the originals back on. We'll see.

It's a beauty! It's fast too - but then a new 911 is faster. If speed is all your after??? Funny that a person with 40 cars would trade this beauty for another Porsche? His loss is your gain as you said! Good going Jas - all comes to he who waits as they say. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come! You have 2 fun cars - looks like to me! :wink:

Congrats on your purchase! Looks really clean. :smile: I think the wheels look good also. I am not typically a black wheel type of guy either. Enjoy yourself!

I wouldn't change anything regarding the look of your NSX or maybe lowered a little to get rid of that ugly wheel gap and a sticker on the back needs to go quickly:biggrin: I'm glad you found her.

I'm surprised the guy with 40 Pcars couldn't afford to FI her if he needs more power:rolleyes:

Last edited:
NICE! :cool:

I like the black wheels.

Id call the Barn and back-charge them for your time to remove that hideous sticker on the back bumper!!!! :mad:

Congrats on the car and enjoy! Come to NSXPO in Vegas.

Thanks, everyone!

The current mileage is 17.6k. The black wheels do look better in person. They're "not so bad" after I see them in my driveway, and when I first saw it in the pictures my response was "gotta get the silver rims". Several mentioned that a wheel repair shop can fix this issue, but I am not so sure. I was told that they will do another powder coating over the black instead of restoring the OEM look. I am not sure I want another coat over them. I wonder if anyone here had the experience of restoring the OEM look. I'll call around and see. I also received many PMs both before and after getting the car. People try to convince me that there are people out there looking for black OEM with a good powder coating job, and I can trade or buy/sell for a silver set. I did see one set of OEM wheels in the FS section, but for the price I can almost get a set of nicer and more importantly, lighter wheels. I prefer to keep things stock, but a set of lighter wheels can benefit in so many dimensions. We'll see about that. I'll keep you folks posted.

Back