• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Battery Prices??

Anyone else notice that OEM battery prices have shot up recently? A few weeks ago, a new battery for my 1991 was listing at about $95. Now, it's $200! :eek: Is there a parts shortage over at Honda? :confused:

May I suggest replacing your OEM battery with an Odyssey PC 1400/35. $260.00 This is an exact replacement... I use a lighter/smaller Odyssey PC 925.
These are dry cell batteries that can never leak... they can even be mounted on their side or upside down!

If kept on a float charger when the car is not in use batteries like this can last ten years.

Been using these batteries for years in both street and race cars.

Highly recommended!

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1400series.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! :) I was also thinking about AC Delco. There is a member here that was very satisfied with their battery from a weight and durability standpoint. He never listed the model number though...

Still, I'm shocked to see the OEM jump more than $100 in just a few weeks. I've never seen a OEM price move like that before. Makes me nervous about what other parts may jump up in the future... :frown:

Thanks for the tip! :) I was also thinking about AC Delco. There is a member here that was very satisfied with their battery from a weight and durability standpoint. He never listed the model number though...

Still, I'm shocked to see the OEM jump more than $100 in just a few weeks. I've never seen a OEM price move like that before. Makes me nervous about what other parts may jump up in the future... :frown:

I have a AC Delco and it works fine and for $65 you cant really beat it. Most batteries when properly installed and maintained should last at least 5 yrs or more.

Wow, Shaun, that's a hefty increase. I just bought one 2 months ago and it was 95 at the dealer??? Not a comfy sign is it? Strange?

I have a AC Delco and it works fine and for $65 you cant really beat it. Most batteries when properly installed and maintained should last at least 5 yrs or more.

++ on the AC Delco.

I have yet to find a Battery that last 10 years (and counting) including OEM.
anybody feel free to step up :wink:.

You cant beat the Delco 35-6YR for under $80 :smile:

Last edited:
++ on the AC Delco.

I have yet to find a Battery that last 10 years (and counting) including OEM.
anybody feel free to step up :wink:.

You cant beat the Delco 35-6YR for under $80 :smile:

No problem-o the Odysseys I've had will easily do 10 years (had one last 14) as long as you use a float (NOT a trickle) charger when the car isn't driven for a week or so. The Odyssey PC 1400/35, which is the exact replacement for the stock battery is technically better in every way and will never leak acid all over your aluminum chassis. Granted they cost more, but last more than twice as long and if you want to save some weight get the PC 925 -- half the weight of the stock battery (though you'll need to manufacture a "spacer" in order to use the stock battery mount).

Last edited:
Costco. 3 year replacement warranty. Durable, cheap, heavy but proven reliable. It works. But then again, I also refuse to remove my spare tire and tool kit for the sake of a few pounds, I gain the benefit of knowing I can fix my own flat anywhere I am with cell service or not.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura NsX Pilot
MY OEM battery is now 9 years old, and going strong. I just keep it on a float charge from Dec - Mar when it sits for more than a week. I've put 28k mi on the car in those 9 years.

I've had similar battery life in other cars. But, I don't drive in heavy city traffic, especially in the summer. For example my family car (Ford product)got 11 or 13 years on the OEM battery - I bought the car when it was 2 years old. It had the OEM battery, but I don't know if it was the original. So that was either 97,000 or 123,000 miles on the battery.

Heat is the biggest destroyer of batteries. So, the battery should last longer in an NSX than in most cars because its away from the engine and exhaust heat.

Oh, and I do watch the fluid level, even on supposedly maintenance free batteries,
adding water if needed.

Last edited:
No problem-o the Odysseys I've had will easily do 10 years (had one last 14) as long as you use a float (NOT a trickle) charger when the car isn't driven for a week or so. The Odyssey PC 1400/35, which is the exact replacement for the stock battery is technically better in every way and will never leak acid all over your aluminum chassis. Granted they cost more, but last more than twice as long and if you want to save some weight get the PC 925 -- half the weight of the stock battery (though you'll need to manufacture a "spacer" in order to use the stock battery mount).

My Delco (in my NSX) sits for months without float, trickles or any form of charger, maintainance etc. It sits most of its life in the garage, often not driven in 1+ months and fires up everytime (again without floats, trickles, jumps etc).

If my Delco dies at 13 years of age, I will simply replace it with another for <$80 :wink:.

My Delco was replaced july 1999 and counting....

Last edited:

Well car has been discontinued for about five years now and I'm sure few people buy these from the dealer to begin with.

Check out the OEM ITR batteries as a replacement as this is what the Zanardis use but at Integra prices:biggrin:

Well car has been discontinued for about five years now and I'm sure few people buy these from the dealer to begin with.

Check out the OEM ITR batteries as a replacement as this is what the Zanardis use but at Integra prices:biggrin:

Hate to break it to you Perry, but if you're talking about 31500-SR1-100M, that one is $200 too now. ;) Looks like it is an AC Delco 35-6YR for me! :D

Hate to break it to you Perry, but if you're talking about 31500-SR1-100M, that one is $200 too now. ;) Looks like it is an AC Delco 35-6YR for me! :D

Yikes! Good choice. I use Odyssey 12lbs myself and just use the OEM in the winter to crank it up once a month.

Costco. 3 year replacement warranty. Durable, cheap, heavy but proven reliable. It works. But then again, I also refuse to remove my spare tire and tool kit for the sake of a few pounds, I gain the benefit of knowing I can fix my own flat anywhere I am with cell service or not.

+1 to Costco batteries

Cerritos Acura Has your factory battery for $98.00. $153.00 + tax Installed. with a 100 month warranty.

$55 to install a battery. New business idea..light bulb
I know its the dealer and all but what does it take maybe ten minutes. Probably takes longer to find the right socket.

OEM and on 15 years. Bought my 95 from Original owner with original battery. I have been using this same battery for the last 8 years. I Leave it on the trickle every day its not use. 12VDC 1.2Amp From a hobby car battery charger.

according to my vendor prices has not jumped , just changed two batteries ,in my car (06 pilot group 24 )and sons car (02 accord group 35 ) both 72 months, $80 & $65, these are jobber prices , we use Deka &Exide ,seem to have betterluck with deka, ther are three battery manu .left,delco became delphi became johnson controls, exide &deka ,as far as i know, Deka is a manu.out of easton pa. ,makes batts. for alot of other labels

Last edited:
Sams' club eveready 35-N 65$ :redface:

Yikes! Good choice. I use Odyssey 12lbs myself and just use the OEM in the winter to crank it up once a month.

I thought about doing the same, but my stereo/alarm draws too much juice. I'm going to stick with a 35lb battery and just add an extra day to the gym. I need to drop 20 lbs off my fat ass anyway! :D

Back