• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Internet/Web/PC/Server/VoIP/Networking/Solving problems with technology

Thanks for response, Robr and Joshs.

Bit more background: In an effort to get the NetFlix feature of my TV working, I changed the channel/frequency of my router. I was told that the default frequency of most routers is one shared by cellphones and other devices. Don't know what frequency the router was on, but I changed it to frequency/channel 11. Immediately after that the NetFlix feature started working (this is a very neat thing, by the way), but we've had trouble getting wireless access to parts of the house distant from the antenna. Neighbors are 50-100 yards away each direction, so I doubt that interference from them is contributing.

I plan to try Robr's suggested fix.

Why is this group just one big thread? Seems a bit inefficient. As a Project management Expert (not PMP cram test fool!), I suggest at least allowing posts under this sub-area. My 2 cents.

Why is this group just one big thread? Seems a bit inefficient. As a Project management Expert (not PMP cram test fool!), I suggest at least allowing posts under this sub-area. My 2 cents.

The group is "Experts Exchange" and you can create your own thread about your own area of expertise. Tech advise just happens to be a popular thread :). Please do start your own, as a PMP myself would love to talk tech related to that field. I'm working on implementing Sharepoint 2010, Project Server 2010 and TFS 2010 and have been reading a lot of books and watching lots of webinars on the subject of PM + Sharepoint in order to utilize it as a PMIS.

As a side note, my Sharepoint project was canceled and so was I. I'm now looking for work if anyone needs someone who lives, eats and breathes tech of all sorts and isn't half bad as a PM either.

As a side note, my Sharepoint project was canceled and so was I. I'm now looking for work if anyone needs someone who lives, eats and breathes tech of all sorts and isn't half bad as a PM either.

We are hiring, but we are located in Palo Alto, Ca. We also have folks in Los Angeles, NY, and London. All tech is in Palo Alto, while sales are in the other locations. If you or anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll send you the reqs - basically for tech we are looking for PHP/MYSQL/PERL, and for sales we're looking for people with experience in online ad sales, media, etc.

Here's a recent posting we put up - this is for the ad side of things so it's not the only skills we are looking for, but you can get a sense of what we want:

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1038037&trk=coprofile_jobs

-Josh

That sucks Rob, I'm sorry to hear.
Are you up for relocating to Richmond? I'll ask around, I had a job opp come across my desk last month for a network admin job.

Last edited:
Interesting thread for sure and I think it deserves bumping. We have a tech thread on the ITR forums where all of the dweebs get together and converse about tech/share ideas/etc and it does well.

I am a Sr. Consultant for VMware's PSO division. VCAP-DCD #405, VCP4&5, VCA-DT.... Obviously was a normal run of the mill System Administrator/System "Engineer" (the misuse of engineer is embarrassing to use as an IT title IMO) that slowly became a huge vNerd up until the point where I figure this is the perfect place for me (I'm glad they think so too)

But obviously I have a background in datacenter design and the components that come with it.

Don't hesitate to bump this thread or shoot me a PM

Last edited:
Back