• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior pillar panel has bubbles!

I have a 2000 NSX.

The black vinyl that is glued onto the interior piece of each A-pillar is bubbling. It is especially noticeble when it is hot outside or the car has been in the sun.

Has anyone else had this problem and how is it resolved?

Thanks!

It is a common problem on the A pillar garnish. Never fixed or replaced mine. Happens when it's hot. Interested in hearing if anyone has a fix.

a solution… to remove vinyl and replace with leather, to find the same color or to find dyeing for leather:smile:

I really want to keep the NSX as original as possible so I'd prefer to keep the vinyl on it.

Has anyone removed then reapplied the vinyl with a stronger adhesive???

QUOTE=Thunder;1292673]a solution… to remove vinyl and replace with leather, to find the same color or to find dyeing for leather:smile:[/QUOTE]

This just happened to me last week. I am using a sun shade and it still did it in the fun Texas heat. Even when cooled down I can still see the bubbles though. Suppose I will have to use the car cover if I drive it to work during the summer months.

Back