• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulators upgrade

This may have been covered before and Im sorry if I am repeating a tired old question... but I paid angus to install the kit, and I have installed to regulators back into the car. The drivers window works FLAWLESSLY, but the passenger window is still slow and when it reaches the top it does not completely go all the way up without my hand pressing up on the window... I have removed the door panel again and again trying to realigning the window. I can get the window to slide up and down on the track fairly smooth without much tension but no matter how I adjust it the window presses against the outer window seal fairly snug. What can I do to remove whatever drag or seal that is keeping the window from completely rolling all the way up? Any tips on realignment or adjusting the window to work correctly? (just FYI I adjusted it one time to where it rolled all the way up better then normal but when I shut the door the window went above the outside tab on the A pillar.) NEED SOME HELP GUYS!!

I will soon post the last problem I found on the nsx regulators: early 91-93 model bent levers, due to creep over 20years, hoping we can all discuss and find a solution for them.
Stay tuned! :wink:
Hugo, I did both doors in the last couple of days and I may have run into this problem although I'm not sure it was "bent levers". What I discovered on my second door was that the carrier (with the new sliders installed) ran very free at the one end but started to bind as it passed midway .. and was binding quite a bit by the time it reached the other end.

Initially I thought it might be the aluminum track which had some dark lubricant on it and which seemed to cause more friction instead of eliminating it. But after a thorough cleaning, the carrier was still binding. And the curvature of the track seemed to be consistent at each end so I couldn't figure out why one end would be free and the other end binding. I finally noticed that one end of the carrier looked like it had spread a little so that the faces of the sliders weren't parallel any more making them skewed a little in the track.

I put the carrier in a vice and slowly tried bending it back but each time it sprang back. So, my only other solution was to use a grinder to make the sliders 'thinner' and also more parallel. After a couple of attempts, I was able to get it to slide to the other end with very little resistance. The sliders aren't as smooth as they were but hopefully this didn't affect their useful life. This still doesn't explain why the binding was only at one end but it seems to work and doesn't seem to have increased the looseness at the other end.

I should have taken pictures but the doors are back on now. The window is still slower at the very top but a big improvement. I only wish I had noticed this on the first door .. which does still seem to bind a bit toward the top.

Hugo, got the kit in the post yesterday. Thanks for the quick ship. My wife was very curious to see what I received from Portugal in the mail. Her curiosity quickly died away when she saw the contents...but she was glad to hear she would be able to open and close the NSX passanger window without worrying about something breaking. Last time she used the power window a cable end snapped off.

Still waiting for more details on the deformed lever issue.

Thanks again,
Mike

I was at a rather large Ace Hardware recently looking for a single bolt for something or other in the aisle of miscellaneous hardware . I was surprised to find a drawer full of brushes of all sizes for electric motors. I have no idea if there is anything close to being usable, but carbon brushes are rather easy to alter with a bit of emery cloth.

If you insist on staying OEM this will do you no good. If you just want to fix the regulator motor, have at it.

I think your best bet would be to swap out the motor for a passenger side regulator. I believe the Accord uses the same motor and the rear door motors should be like new.

would the accord have to be the same year or what years would work? I tried an accord mast because someone said on here that it was the same and it was in fact shorter than the original mast.

well i got the brush put the regulator back together and i still can't get the windows to go up any faster. i installed hugo's kit and i tried adjusting the tracks all over the place. i cleaned and re greased the tracks. i got them adjusted to where the window will go up better than any other spot but its still unsatisfactory. anyone have any ideas?

Hugo, I just got my kit. That was fast. It takes longer to get a letter sent a hundred miles around here, than to get this sent from you. Thanks for the great service. Hopefully I won't need to make use of them for awhile, as my windows are working fine at this point. Thanks again,

Faron

Back