• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whipple rebuild

I used them for a replacement set of twin screws& housing about a year ago...I am STILL happy.
I believe there is a little mechanical "noise" at very low idle...but it whines nicely through the rpm range.

Last edited:
I'm at 170k miles so far on the original build with no issues, past or present... Besides canyon runs and daily sprited driving, it's mostly out of boost.

Rob, I'm hoping for an update to this post now that it's a few years later. Are you running a low boost or high boost Whipple. Any issues since this post? I've been working backwards thru the Prime posts looking for info on "expected life" from a high boost Whipple (e.g., 9 lbs CTSC on a 1998; 385whp). Yours is the closest I've seen. Anyone else have data?

I studied that thread (and other comments) when I used PSE. I talked to the owner (but don't recall his name).
I am STILL happy with my choice.
Tom
Glad to hear it. I think if mine ever goes out, I will just buy a 2.3L to replace it.

200k miles on the CTSC; no issues.

200k miles on the CTSC; no issues.
I saw another post you made about your high milage transmission. Curious to know what clutch you run? I run oem on low boost and it has not been an issue yet, but I have a fraction of the miles as yours.

I saw another post you made about your high milage transmission. Curious to know what clutch you run? I run oem on low boost and it has not been an issue yet, but I have a fraction of the miles as yours.

It's a Carbonetics Triple Carbon. It's held up for about 90k miles. Noisy when you push in the clutch, but smooth engagement and OEM pedal pressure.

Back