• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Silver State Classic Challenge

hey Tom! Yeah I'm a Captain now but I decided I'll just leave my Prime name as "armyLT" lol. I would love to attend again this year but like I said I need to see what the plans are with my family now and if we are headed to NSXPO since my wife's family and most of my high school/college friends are in Colorado. Would be a good excuse to see all of them. Hope all is well and good luck this year Tom! Maybe I'll see you, Mad Dawg, Blue and Gail again this year.

OK, Captain Will, but you know that you could go at a higher speed now that you passed your rookie run with flying colors - certainly a higher speed than you'd be able to sustain at NSXPO.
:wink:

Tom, I really enjoyed your article in NSX Driver mag about how you took your mom with you one time as co-pilot at the Silver State Classic. As I remember she had a great time and you averaged better than 150 mph.

Also your video of the disintegrating bird on your windshield at 150 mph is amazing.....

I'm in Lafayette......I'd love to pick your brain sometime on your fav local weekend loops in the East Bay.

Chris

No cats required in the Silver State Classic Challenge. They even let NASCAR Cup cars run. You just have to burn gasoline (hybrids okay) and not use NOS.

Chris, thanks, I appreciate your comments. My favorite roads around here are Highland Road and the associated backroads east of Danville. But I have to admit that Highway 128 up north was fun last weekend. In any case, you can register anytime for the Silver State, but you should get your entry in by about July 4th to guarantee a spot and lowest rate.

I'll be running the Nevada Open Road Challenge in mid-May; same organization, same road. I'll be in the Super Sport category, probably the last car to start out of 150 or so. I'm hoping to have my navigator from Mexico, Meme Lozano, with me. His calm voice in my earpiece is a real help.

Back