• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Funny "at the track" sayings / quotes / phrases thread

Re: What was that 'old man' joke..........

something about burning rubber and screaming women? :eek: I'll remember about 2 AM tomorrow. :redface:

Re: Oh yeah, I remember...........

there was an old man named Big Al who was an NSX driving instructor and who liked to take women for demo rides at the track. As the lady would get into the car, she would notice Big Al inserting nose plugs and ear plugs. When the woman asked what those were for, he would reply very coyly, "Two things I hate...........the sound of screaming women and the smell of burning rubber." :wink:

And here's a little known fun fact; Big Al started that ritual on his wedding night. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: the names have been changed to confuse the clueless. :biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/b7iUKaPlBl8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/b7iUKaPlBl8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/b7iUKaPlBl8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

That one is all over every car forum right now, pretty much sums up those slow drivers in high horsepower cars very well. I have been stuck behind quite a few of those cars on my track days.

At my first track day I caught up to a mustang that was running on slicks, caged, had close to 400hp. Was stuck behind him for 2-3 laps and never got a point bye. My instructor came with me to the download session to find out who the driver was, conversation went like this...

Instructor: Who was in the silver mustang?
Mustang driver: That was me.
Instructor: You need to check your mirrors and point people by, we were stuck behind you for 2-3 laps.
Mustang driver: What car were you in?
Instructor: Black Integra
Mustang driver: I don't remember seeing you

I was literally on his bumper every turn for close to 3 laps... :mad:

That one is all over every car forum right now, pretty much sums up those slow drivers in high horsepower cars very well. I have been stuck behind quite a few of those cars on my track days.

At my first track day I caught up to a mustang that was running on slicks, caged, had close to 400hp. Was stuck behind him for 2-3 laps and never got a point bye. My instructor came with me to the download session to find out who the driver was, conversation went like this...

Instructor: Who was in the silver mustang?
Mustang driver: That was me.
Instructor: You need to check your mirrors and point people by, we were stuck behind you for 2-3 laps.
Mustang driver: What car were you in?
Instructor: Black Integra
Mustang driver: I don't remember seeing you

I was literally on his bumper every turn for close to 3 laps... :mad:

AHHAHAHA i was in there for that conversation listening in :)

-Ravi

Great comments. Keep 'em coming.

Not at the track but I once saw an 18 wheeler with two bumper stickers on the back. One had an arrow pointing to the left and said "Passing Side" and the other pointed to the right and said "Suicide". Made me laugh.

Re: Goes without sayin'.................

Racing is turning money into

1) noise, when everything goes well. :smile:

2) junk when it doesn't. :redface:

Few more:

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

"I might have known what I was in for, when I finished my first race sliding backwards." - Sam Moses

"I left him enough room for the car and a coat of paint and he got through. Congratulations." - James Hinchcliffe

"The older I get, the faster I was." - Unknown
You know Hinch? He always has a lot of hilariously clever things to say.

Unfortunately I don't know him personally, but he seems like a person that you listed to when he has something to say :)

I know him and know his dad (I know his dad very well) they are great guys - Canadians! We do have senses of humour, we just spell it with a "u" in it so you can appreciate it!

My favorite line:
Racing is an addiction, only cured by poverty!

Since I run many days I end up taking the "problems" for a session and "fixing" them. I like to walk up to an obnoxious student's car:
Me: nice car,
Problem student: thanks
me: You like the way it looks?
PS: yes
Me: If you want to keep it looking like that you'd better listen to me, otherwise we'll see what it looks like on the flatbed...thats why I'm here, your instructor was worried about the flatbed...

I know it's an old thread but i thought this fits here:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 230
wow what ever happened to cl65 captain? I don't get how some guys who posted a lot could just stop cold...unless they are deceased...:frown:

well since we know he lurks......how bout coming back....:smile:

Back