• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window regulator input, can I find this piece?

Happy Sunday everyone...

Well, my bandwidth has finally allowed me to address my window regulator issue. Long story short, my plastic cable "thingie" broke over a month ago, causing my window to fall into the door. At the time, I did not realize what had happened, and attempted to roll the window up, causing the cables to bind inside the regulator. The cables essentially destroyed the plastic piece inside the regulator (see photo, I snagged this from Hugo's DIY guide).

windowpiece.jpg

I purchased Dali racing's metal "thingies", and took this opportunity to install Hugo's window regulator fix. The window regulator assembly won't roll up and down, as the cables are essentially left unguided inside the highlighted piece, causing them to bind.

**side note: Hugo was kind enough to offer to rebuild my entire unit for free- I would take him up on this offer but the shipping costs are pretty insane from the State's to Portugal, not to mention the headache that import duties presents.**

So, aside from buying a 500$ regulator, are there any options for this fix? I would love to buy just the neccessary components, but after a search, do not think they are sold aside from the entire assembly.

Shawn mentioned that I can buy a 93 Honda accord window regulator (Amazon link) and disassemble it to acquire the necessary pieces- this would be excellent, as it is inexpensive, but I'd love confirmation prior to going this route.

Any input would be excellent! Thanks guys!

Chad, why won't the cable spool onto the reel? Are the guides (grooves) gone or worn? I don't know about the Accord window reg, but perhaps I can help you with yours.

Hi,

**side note: Hugo was kind enough to offer to rebuild my entire unit for free- I would take him up on this offer but the shipping costs are pretty insane from the State's to Portugal, not to mention the headache that import duties presents.**

that is usually the case if you use anything other than USPS... i predict that the window regulator shipping would be arround $30 to $40 maximum... are you sure you are getting a correct quote or at the correct place?!

Check that, because i buy stuff all the time and USPS prices are far from being insane.

Nuno

Back