• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

any info on JH4NA1154RT000130?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...rs_Trucks&hash=item255babb708#ht_19527wt_1165

Have any of you checked this out? It's been listed for about a month now.

Car looks a little beat for only 78k miles. Also, seems like it was in an accident and possibly used as a rental car? I wouldn't mind restoring all the blemishes (that's where the fun comes in... but the steering wheel would have to go) but not sure about how the maintenance was taken care of previously.

I wouldn't be able to buy it anytime soon but if it's up for the taking if anyone wants to check it out.

Last edited:
Apparently this car was sold at an auction or bought by another dealer or maybe the same owner transferred the car to another dealership. Either way, the car is now 2 miles from me. So I went and checked it out today. Although I knew it was previously in an accident (by using AutoCheck) I didn't know the extent. When I was there no one seemed to help me, which was fine because I wanted to look at the car on my own first. The key was in the door so i opened it and sat inside.

The interior is DEFINITELY worn. I have pics if anyone wants to see. The driver door armrest is falling off. There is wear and tear on most pieces, especially the console. I figured this wouldn't be too bad and might be fun to bring back into shape. But then I saw it was missing carpet on the passenger side close to the front.

The exterior isn't too bad except for the rear bumper which isn't fitted properly. Also, the driver door has a hard time closing. So whatever accident it was in seems to be more serious than it appears.

I will go back another time to see if I can turn it on and talk to someone to get more info on maintenance and history.

Of course the price represents the condition of the car, but after I find out more about it I'll be able to gauge that a little more. I feel like the price should be even lower already regardless of maintenance. It needs a decent amount of work to get back into shape.

Last edited:
yeah whats funny is when they put on this Sparco steering wheel or what ever it is they probably
couldnt make the SRS light go out. so they took the Cluster out, to take the bulb out so it wouldnt glow.
and broke something and they needed to get another one from an e-bay kinda thing,

who ever goes to check this car out, when you start any NSX the SRS light goes on for a second and then cuts off thats normal.

So when you start this NSX and no SRS light comes on then thats what they did. was remove the bulb from the
NEW Used Cluter from another year.

Run from this car.

if someone wanted to return this car to Mint it would be a long process. but if you have the money then real fun

Last edited:
Even the dash isn't in the best shape. The the plastic surrounding the key ignition isn't fitted properly. I was able to move it around to get it to where it SHOULD be. That one really threw me off. The aluminum body is one thing, but not being able to get the dash to match up just boggled my mind.

If you were planning to gut an nsx for a track car... then this might be the car for you. But it is definitely not an example of a clean, well-taken care of version.

the lower part of the dash is a bitch to get back on if you dont know how to do it.
but once you figure it out its easy. I broke mine the first time I took it off had to buy a new( used )
one from another prime member for 100 bucks I think. it had a little scuff on it so he wanted to sell it cuz he got a new one.
I dont mind the little things like that. but I do want the parts to fit correctly.

but the body panels seems like the last owner wrecked it and put the panels back on him self and used the
Insurance money to buy some crank LOL

but like i said I would stay away from it.

Last edited:
Did you see how rusted that battery hold down and tray is?

And missing fuse box cover.

!!gM3F3!BGE~$(KGrHqMOKi0EwP)SYcysBML)hTwOCw~~_4.JPG

Last edited:
thats not even the OEM battery hold down, wow that is so jury-rigged,

and the fuse box cover is missing probably when the Front end collision it was left at the scene of the accident cuz it fell off. and the other Fuse box doesnt even have the sticker on it anymore.

Amazing.

the car salesmen says "other than that its MINT". lol my a_z

also, its missing the front lower lip.

one of the pics shows it idleing at 200rpm

Rims are done. more curb rash that a 78 year old women driver

Side lower bolster the leather has been ripped off and the plastic is broken.

this is def a parts car Only. it needs more work than an Omish Donkey

and if the Odometer was replaced with one that has less miles. then your getting a car that could have 200K miles.

but seriously this car looks like it has over 250K miles on it or is it just me?

Last edited:
Not to mention the wrong battery and home made battery hold down. Factory hold down goes across the front and the bolts go down each side at a 45 degree angle.

Did you see how rusted that battery hold down and tray is?

And missing fuse box cover.

%21%21gM3F3%21BGE%7E$%28KGrHqMOKi0EwP%29SYcysBML%29hTwOCw%7E%7E_4.JPG

I e-mailed the e-bay one. another thing I noticed was every NSX pic
I have ever seen they always have a photo of all the hatches open,
trunk and rear glass with the head lights up and the doors opened.

so leads me to believe this thing needs the gas struts for the trunk and Rear glass.
a cheap fix but still shows that this car probably has more mile than it really shows.

everyone knows that the rear trunk struts if not fixed are a pain in the ass when you
putting shit like groceries in. I did it for like 2 weeks and was like no thanks. had to get new ones.
they were like 38 Buck each but come-on what else did this person forget
to fix during ownership ya know.

If you think this car is in bad shape.... you can't imagine what it was like to see it. When I first walked up to it I was like "ok not bad". Then I noticed they did a terrible job with the wax, didn't even buff it out properly.

Then I immediately noticed the poor fitment of the rear bumper. Rims looked more blue than black in the daylight.

Then I opened the door and heard a creak. So I shut it... or at least tried to and failed. Had to slam it. Opened again and heard the creak. Then I saw the armrest on the driver door was coming off.

Sat in it and noticed the interior falling apart that I talked about in the first post.

Amazing that they said it was mint.

Back