• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help-water in spark plug

Water getting into the spark plug. Anyway to resolve this problem. I have changed the plugs 3 times in 2 weeks.

Am i missing a gasket anywhere? There is a rubber gasket or thingy on the cover.

Could you be more specific? What do you mean, "Water is getting in spark plug."? Where is the water? How do you know it's water? How does if effect your engine performance? What is happening to your engine? Has anything been done to your engine? Any problems prior to this?

Well everything is stock. Only recently been raining heavily. Notice the engine not smooth, bit jerky. Mechanic check the spark plugs and there is water/moisture on one of the plugs.The plug is burned. Changed that and the car is fine, But now even after a wash water gets into the plugs again (car jerking). This is the 3rd occurence in 2 weeks.

I am assuming the plugs that are getting wet are the rear 3 correct? If you take the spark plug cover off there is a or should be a small rubber gasket lining the edge of the cover. If this is missing or bad, replace it. You can also try to make your own gasket out of a flat tire plug or similar sticky material. Good luck.

Make sure the gasket is at the top. A common error is to intall the cover upside down. Wiping the gasket with silicon grease will create a better seal.

Some owners have added gasket material, etc. But in 10 years of ownership, driving in heavy rains, washing the car with a hose without any precautions, and I've never had a problem with water in the coil packs.

Back