• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window Regulator Repair Tour - Any Interest?

Hugo is thinking about coming up this way sometime before or after NSXPO, so I was wondering how many of you would be interested in having him come and install the regulator kits for you..
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136481

If there's no responses we might as well just delete this PacNW section since it seems like there's only 3 of us that read it :wink:

1) Cozmo
2)
3)

I read the section all the time, but I know you guys would get tired of me responding to everything with "gee, I'd go, but I'm working on the weekend." For something like this, I would take a day off.

1) Cozmo
2) grtahoang
3) Hasdrubal

I read the section all the time, but I know you guys would get tired of me responding to everything with "gee, I'd go, but I'm working on the weekend." For something like this, I would take a day off.

1) Cozmo
2) grtahoang
3) Hasdrubal

So poignant : I AM at work right now 100 miles away from home. Unfortunately, my NSX is 300 miles from home sitting in Seattle at Lynnwood having a major tune up & sorting out. I did send my Hugo regulators to them to install but I don't think Charles would mind if Hugo came by (I'm assuming). I would've jumped at having him up our way in an instant but when I saw that he started out in NorCal I figured he wasn't interested. It'd be great if he came by.

I do read this forum so hope you don't delete, but find it a challenge to become involved in the Seattle scene on a routine basis...

I look in here now and then but dont know anyone so I lurk in the shadows haha.

Depending on when and what state my car is in I may be able to come down for this.

Im going as a guest for an affiliate company. ForceFed Motorsports is purely a name behind the builds that I have done so I have a legal LLC to back up my work. Its a side business.

During that time I have met a lot of people and made a lot of good connections. Im in the auto industry anyhow so I have a free pass every year.

Last time I went as a special guest for H&R springs which was cool.

Im going as a guest for an affiliate company. ForceFed Motorsports is purely a name behind the builds that I have done so I have a legal LLC to back up my work. Its a side business.

During that time I have met a lot of people and made a lot of good connections. Im in the auto industry anyhow so I have a free pass every year.

Last time I went as a special guest for H&R springs which was cool.

Cool I may see you at SEMA.

Other than the huge crack in my windshield this is my number one annoyance. Sign me up!

Hopefully this is scheduled on something other than a race weekend. Since every weekend is a race weekend, how about a week day/night?

I would be interested depending on the price and time too, as far as location, if you guys having trouble meeting up at Charles, my house is 5 mins away from Acura of Lynnwood, with careful parking, we should be able to park 6-8 nsx easy.

I'm interested in both windows, and can meet in Seattle, live in Tacoma.
Would like a ball-park cost estimate, and if the teflon guides are available at same time.

I'd be interested in a time and price estimate also. I can do anywhere in the general Seattle area.

I haven't had time to read up on all the details on the window regulators, although this potential problem was mentioned to me by the Acura dealer when I bought the car. Can someone summarize what the issue with the regulators is - is it an outright failure of the system or just a slow degradation of performance over time? Mine seem to be working just fine.

Kevin

Hi guys, NSX#75 pointed me to this thread. Let me give you a little insight into the window fix. I am the guy that hosted the original window fix day at my house in Half Moon Bay a few months ago. If you haven't read the original window fix thread and seen the video, you should do it now.

It is a very time consuming job. It took us about 7 hours to do 7 cars at my house, and that was with everyone getting their own parts out and with me aiding in the actual regulator fix. If there are going to be this many cars, you should be prepared to open up your own door panels and start the removal of the regulators yourself at the site. Hugo will be able to replace all the inner workings of the motors, but you should all be prepared to do a good deal of the R&R yourselves to expedite the process.

Good luck, you'll love the finished product!

Hi guys!
That is not an empty promise, I am ready to go to Seattle AFTER the NSXPO, the 2nd or 3rd of November would be perfect for me, what do you think?

Prices are the same as the summer TOUR: 100$ for the parts, 125$ for the labor to fit them in the regulator, and 75$ for the door panels removal, that makes 300$ for the complete job
I have done this several times, a full job takes 1hr30, if you all remove your door panels yourselves it will be lowered to 30min/nsx

See you soon!
Hugo

$225 for both if I take my doors apart myself? Sounds good to me!

$225 for both if I take my doors apart myself? Sounds good to me!

I'm still interested at this price. I've never taken the door panels off any car, let alone an NSX but if I can watch someone else do it then I'm sure I can figure it out myself.

Is there a location selected for this yet? Eastside would work better for me. Are there also any plans for a schedule for when people should turn up? I can take around 2 hours off work between 11am and 1pm or so on either day.

Kevin

Back