• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eric Kerub Turbo NSX Track Vid

that is quite a mixed bag of cars...I'm assuming different classes running together.

Thanks for posting Eric - awesome car you have there.

As far as the transmission, FX has done well with the WPC treatment. I'm sure that if you contacted them, they'd point you in the right direction in getting the transmission foolproof.

For the tire size, I run 235/40-17s and 285-30-18s for my car. For the track, Yokohama makes 230-17 and 280-18s slicks that would definitely help. I have a set but haven't been to the track yet to try them out.
+1 for tire size recommendation and transmission overhaul with deburing and WPC treatment.

Or you could always go to longitudinal engine configuration and buy a sequential gear box.

Hewland 6 speed sequential
http://www.hewland.com/

X-track sequential gearbox

Ricardo sequential gearbox

Nick

I would really like to know your full suspension setup and specs, the car seems to handle perfectly!

Are you willing to share all the details on the suspension (coilovers, sways, etc) to include the alignment specs, camber, toe, etc? Also interest to know the corner balance figures.

Thanks for the info. I'll get a hold of the 2 Aussie companies next week. As for Quaife, they no longer make an application for the NSX.

Strange, Driving Ambition just fitted one to Kips Car?

On their Website they list a Bellhousing for the NSX which fits to one of 2 of their FWD Gearboxes.

Q416 - Bellhousing for Honda NSX
Quaife bellhousing for Honda NSX to Quaife gearbox is suitable for use only with Quaife gearbox.

Please contact Quaife with regards to ordering this product.

View details Prices from: £295.00

This is the reply we got from Quaife last week:

"Hello

Thank you for your enquiry but unfortunately the box which you are inquiring
about is no longer in stock only spares available. The only thing which we can
offer yourself is RWD gearboxes at this time of writing. Hopefully in the future
we will design a similar box but we have not got a date at this time of writing.

Kind regards

Dave Weller
Quaife Sales"

Bugger. I'll have to save my $ for something else.

I'm hoping to try the Modena 5speed dogbox with the Ikeya Formula sequential shifter & a Hollinger Gear cut gear knob.

Just need to convince my friend to lend me his gearbox.

Quaife is crap.

Get a hewland, the EGT is available and was used in JGTC. We have the wide version, used by diesel touring cars in Europe who have significant torque.

I believe a lot of touring cars are moving to a different box next season so there should be loads of second hand EGTs on the market. Just sorting a spare out ourselves.

Weird race...a Golf chasing a Radical, take it driver skill is varied?!

Quaife is crap.

Get a hewland, the EGT is available and was used in JGTC. We have the wide version, used by diesel touring cars in Europe who have significant torque.

I believe a lot of touring cars are moving to a different box next season so there should be loads of second hand EGTs on the market. Just sorting a spare out ourselves.

Weird race...a Golf chasing a Radical, take it driver skill is varied?!

Can you post some more details? Did you have a bellhousing custom made?
How can we find 2nd hand uniits?

Here is the Hewland.
http://www.hewland.com/svga/egt.html

Like i said, it was used by Honda in period and has been increasingly developed for touring cars with the release of the wide gear version which will stand in better shape for big torque cars...

Have had major ball ache with Quaife in our Lotus. We couldn't get a bell housing from Hewland done in time a couple of years ago so went with Quaife, buying a spare too. Last weekend at Spa we destroyed both! That is despite constant rebuilds and developments.

So yeah, basically Hewland is much better, but also almost twice the price! That is where second hand comes into play. Wait for the race season to end and then search sites like Race Cars Direct. I see there is one for sale...

Bear in mind for bellhousings and shafts etc, they only build in match so sometimes there is quite a long lead time.

Here is the S/H one...
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/33377/hewland_egt_gearbox_and_parts.html

Quite a saving on new. As you can see from the description, it is from a FWD Seat (a brand owned by VW, basically a Golf).

wtcc-seat-071809.jpg

I'm not very techy...but i'd get a full list of what they have, then see from Hewland what else is needed.

Back