• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eric Kerub Turbo NSX Track Vid

wow...best nsx vedeo I ve seen. :eek:

Very impressive performance. Too bad the tranny busted.

Looks like a great car and, wow, what a beautiful track.

the track is in Canada..is he Canadian? If so is he the guy who has brought a track only nsx to variuos expos?

what a badass run! Did he just say that the transmission just went out? :(

great video, i can ENTIRELY see why paddles shifter have become popular. From my eye it seems that the floor shifters would wear you out on the track. Do you loose any time on shifts between the paddles and a floor shifter? I don't like paddles for the street but they seem helpful for the track.

This guy has some SERIOUS power.... I'd say more than 500 Jim. I mean he is just walking away on the straights from crazy fast cars.

I guess not every NSX enthusiast is on prime... lol...

Awesome video....I wonder if he is using the os giken lsd?

He probably needs to get the tranny wpc treated like how the fxmd nsx has theirs.

Hey guys! Thanks for the props. I haven’t been here in a while, but my crew chief/car builder often comes here and he told me the vid was posted so I decided to come check it out.

For those interested and guessing... the number is closer to 600 rwhp in its current configuration. The rpm’s were lowered though to 7,400 from 8,600 in that last race weekend so I was kind of in between gears and short shifting in some places as to not shift in the corners.

The car ran great all year but that weekend was a tough one. I had 3 races... First one I finished 4th, but there was only 3 or 4 green laps on a 12 lap race due to accidents and a torrential downpour. The 2nd race I was gonna finish 2nd or 3rd (I heard one of the Cup cars in front of me spun the last lap) but I had a left rear flat (delaminated on the inside) right before his spin with just over 1 lap to go... And that race was actually the qualifier for the last race (which is the vid you see) which is why I started so far back. I was making my way back up nicely and with the help of the safety car I was poised for a podium, but you all saw what happened. First time the tranny let go though... we’re looking into options for next year so if any of you have suggestions, please post them.

The biggest issue we have at the moment with the power we’re putting down is footprint/tire size. We are currently running 210’s in the front and 265’s in the rear. There are heating up like crazy and we believe are under too much stress for the power.

Peace,

Eric

Thanks for posting Eric - awesome car you have there.

As far as the transmission, FX has done well with the WPC treatment. I'm sure that if you contacted them, they'd point you in the right direction in getting the transmission foolproof.

For the tire size, I run 235/40-17s and 285-30-18s for my car. For the track, Yokohama makes 230-17 and 280-18s slicks that would definitely help. I have a set but haven't been to the track yet to try them out.

Thanks for the reply. I believe my crew chief did say he knew about FX but just in case can you give me their contact info? you'd be surprised how many pages come up on google for "FX" :biggrin:

Anyhow, what finally left go in my tranny was the synchro hub. Apparently it sheered clean in half of the ring's centerline as if you were opening up a jar.

I'll get some pics and post them here...

Here is link of the 1st race I talked about where I finished 4th after only about 3 green laps of racing, but from another car's point of view. You get to see more what the car looks like in action from the front (at the beginning of the race) and the rear (when I pass him near the 2:45 mark).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9FLreTV1aA

Last edited:
Back