• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 91 Build, JGTC inspired NSX

So I haven't made a build thread yet, have spent a lot of time this year making and adding parts for my NSX, a lot of stuff I have added since I got her, she was bone stock in April with only wheels, hood, and a few small cosmetics done, now i got her where I want it, next year will be side skirts, suspension, and planning for a custom twin turbo setup I will build myself. I will continue to add to the list, see me at IFO Montgomery Nov 7th
Enjoy the mod list and pics.

Special Thanks to Cody at Lovefab for the headers,
Ken at FXMD for the diffuser and undertray previously used on there car.
Scorp for the Mugen Lip
and everyone else I have purchased stuff from

Exterior and stance:
Mugen front Lip
Blodi signal covers
VIS hood
Type R side sill badges
I's Impact Decklid
Replica Taitec Wing with custom Titanium mounts and Titanium hardware
Taitec Diffuser with Titanium brackets and mounts
Custom Carbon Undertray from FXMD car
Custom Titanium License Plate Surround
Enkie RPF1's 16-17's
Titanium lugnuts
Tires currently Sumitomo's, Falken Azenis rears and FK452's front going on soon

Interior:
Momo Tuner Wheel
Type R Horn Button
Carbon Center Console
Mugen Shift Knob
Zanardi Floor Mats

Engine and Bay:
Dali Fender Scoop
K&N drop in Filter
Lovefab Headers
Custom V-Banded Testpipes
Taitec JGTC Center Exit Exhaust
Clutchmasters FX400 6 puck with Aluminum Flywheel
Mugen 1st Gen Oil Cap
Mugen Radiator Cap
Custom Titanium Strut Bar
Wrinkle Red Valve Covers

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, real nice.

I like the lip, is that still made?

Nice, real nice.

I like the lip, is that still made?

Thanks duder, the lip has long been discontinued, probably only a handful left in the world, pretty rare part, I spent 40+ hours restoring and reinforcing with fiberglass, custom brackets, closed up all holes, it was pretty beat up when i got it. If I hit a possum, cause theirs plenty of them here, it will bounce off the lip, lol

Looks good for what kind of look you are attempting....get the jdm tails and smoke the rear sidemarkers the same color as the tails and it will make it pop more.

see cdx_nsx or grams car to see what I am talking about....the oem us tails look blah compared to the jdm tails.

Also check out nsxclears front sidemarkers also.....I have the light smoked ones and they are pretty nice looking.

Last edited:
^^^Yeah I plan on getting the JDM tails very soon, I already have them for my Civic and CRX, just waiting on a good deal on a good set. Plus I am currently smoking an extra set of side markers I have, want them about the same shade as the Blodi signal covers

Looks real nice, especially the Mugen front lip.
I hope you are no where done with your build, because so far only the rear end JGTC inspired. If that's the case, you have a long way to go to have the JGTC look.
Have fun with your build :biggrin:

^^^Yeah I plan on getting the JDM tails very soon, I already have them for my Civic and CRX, just waiting on a good deal on a good set. Plus I am currently smoking an extra set of side markers I have, want them about the same shade as the Blodi signal covers

Cool I had the clear Blodi signal covers.....the bolts got rusted and when I had to remove them every now and them from washing the car.....one of the tabs broke so I chucked them.......also they will start scratching your bumper from removing them.....I like the covers but the are a pain in the ass to put on and take off.....and I had one that never sat right in all the way....it kind of was bulging out......I might give it one more shot later......

Good luck with your build.....jdm tails don't come up too often for sale at a good price. I bought mines from dali a while back.

I hope you are no where done with your build, because so far only the rear end JGTC inspired. If that's the case, you have a long way to go to have the JGTC look.

Thanks dude, give me a few more years, she'll have a wide stance with a nice kit, Ikeya shifter possibly goin in soon :biggrin:

Cool I had the clear Blodi signal covers.....the bolts got rusted and when I had to remove them every now and them from washing the car.....one of the tabs broke so I chucked them.......also they will start scratching your bumper from removing them.....I like the covers but the are a pain in the ass to put on and take off.....and I had one that never sat right in all the way....it kind of was bulging out......I might give it one more shot later......

Good luck with your build.....jdm tails don't come up too often for sale at a good price. I bought mines from dali a while back.

The Blodi covers bolts rusted on me, I had a fix, check out the pics in this thread at bottom.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107991&page=2

Looking good! In my opinion you need lower side skirts. The front bumper is really low compared to the sides and doesn't flow perfectly.

Yeah I know, the current sides are stock, but it actually isn't to bad, just looks lower cause in the pics is my wood layed out in my driveway. Trying to find a set of Mugen sides, rare, if that doesn't happen in the next few months, I will probably put a set of Stacy's on sometime next spring.

Popped the covers off, first time checking inside this motor, very clean after 20 years and 83K miles, no oil stains at all, so that's good. New spark plugs in, Valve covers freshly powder coated wrinkle red, and made a Titanium strut bar, been a good week, oh and she's running really good now, time for another dyno session maybe tomorrow.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Has anyone ever formed the rear quarterpanels up to support a high rear wing. It would look really nice with a high wing mount like you see on this NSX. I'm thinking as in what you would see on the F40.

ferrari-f40.jpg

^^^I will own a F40 one day, best designed Ferrari ever built.

So a quick update, buying a few new and rare parts, should have a new update sometime in April/May

But heres the last 2 pics for 2010, taken end of November, was fun putting 9K miles on her during 2010.

76312_458297804148_563549148_5583157_6470603_n.jpg

75807_458298294148_563549148_5583175_2581287_n.jpg

Awesome stance!

I'm really loving the mugen front valence. If your in the market for some jdm tails scorp965 hooked me up with a nice set. You should shoot him a pm.

Has anyone ever formed the rear quarterpanels up to support a high rear wing. It would look really nice with a high wing mount like you see on this NSX. I'm thinking as in what you would see on the F40.

ferrari-f40.jpg
Yes. There is a kit that runs that style. I will have to dig the info out of my stash.

Awesome stance!

I'm really loving the mugen front valence. If your in the market for some jdm tails scorp965 hooked me up with a nice set. You should shoot him a pm.

Thanks dude, I got the Mugen lip from Scorp, I also just got the JDM Tails with the Akparian LED conversion that were for sale, so, they will look really good with my setup.

Looking good! Hope you enjoy the new "toy".

Oh I will, thanks again for the business.

Nice choice of parts installed and very nice car! TT setup is going to be :O

Thanks, custom building the TT setup is going to be a lot of fun come 2012.

Got these a few weeks ago, looking forward to putting about 50 hours of work into them before installation.

167987_496018234897_501019897_5822076_1821223_n.jpg

Time for an update: Have driven my X over a thousand miles in the past few weeks, been fun, welded the clutch to the flywheel at the dragstrip, so ended up having to remove tranny to dislodge it, works great now, painted the calipers, new rotors and pads, abs delete done, new jdm taillights looking good, full LED conversion, spoon ecu working awesome in 3rd and 4th gear, torque dampner saving my motor mounts, and thats about it, for now.

Still awaiting my new front bumper so can change up the look a bit, along with the new sideskirts, so that will be in a couple months.

Heres a couple new pics:

nsx001.jpg

nsx004.jpg

nsx003.jpg

nsx002.jpg

nsx006.jpg

Taillights002.jpg

nsx005.jpg

My current list of mods since I can't edit the first post.

1991 NSX

Exterior and stance:
Mugen front Lip
Blodi signal covers
Smoked side markers
VIS hood
Type R side sill badges
I's Impact Decklid
JDM dark taillights with Akparian LED conversion
JDM type S honda taillight section
Replica Taitec Wing with custom Titanium mounts and Titanium hardware
Taitec Diffuser with Titanium brackets and mounts
Custom Carbon Undertray from FXMD car
Custom Titanium License Plate Surround
Enkie RPF1's 16-17's
Titanium lugnuts
Falken Azenis 275-40-17 rears and FK452's 225-45-16 front
Dali Racing Smoked Brake Lines
Dali Racing ABS killer kit

Interior:
Momo Tuner Wheel
Type R Horn Button
Carbon Shaved and painted Center Console
Type R Shift Boot
Mugen Shift Knob
Zanardi Floor Mats
Full LED conversion kit

Engine and Bay:
Dali Fender Scoop
K&N drop in Filter
Lovefab Headers
Custom V-Banded Testpipes
Taitec JGTC Center Exit Exhaust
Clutchmasters FX400 6 puck with Aluminum Flywheel
Mugen 1st Gen Oil Cap
Mugen Radiator Cap
Custom Titanium Strut Bar
Wrinkle Red Valve Covers
Blackend Engine torque dampner kit
Spoon ECU

Parts acquired currently awaiting install Soon:
Taitec Front bumper with Canards
Marga Hills Side Skirts

^^^ Looks awesome Rob. I think I will pick up some ALCON 4 pot calipers. I think I will visit Daikoku Foto tonight and check for some Wangan Action. LOL

Last edited:
i love your ride.

I honestly think a new set of wheels will really set your car off!

btw is your paint from another car, or oem honda paint?

Agreed. This car looks like a pretty clean "street" car (minus the wing), rather then JGTC "inspired." But as the OP mentioned.. baby steps! :cool:

Back