• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So which oil filter now?

I'm pretty sure that the Denso IS the OEM. Too close to call. I find them to be IDENTICAL. I ordered mine off of Denso.com.

Wish it was. OEM Honda filters are either from Toyo Roki (if you're lucky), Filtech (American division of Toyo Roki but nowhere close in quality) or Fram ('nuff said). My NSX & Legend see nothing but OEM Toyo Rokis or Densos but if K&N made an equivalent, I'd consider that. I've used K&Ns on my son's '89 4WS Prelude and have been pleasantly surprised.

OK, as promised I fitted a Denso 150-1013 (tall) oil filter to the LoveFab car today.
First off, the box does say "made in Japan" FWIW.
In terms of fitment, it worked......but I did have to remove the 12mm bolt that locates the e-brake line to the sub structure and push that aside.
Even so, there wasn't enough room to use an oil filter wrench on the filter so I had to tighten it completely by hand (no sweat getting a 1/4 turn past 'seated' with grippy gloves....but I do score that as a minor PITA ;^)

Brian

Here are a couple pictures to compare the Denso filter to the stock Honda 'short' one.

Brian

Attachments

• NSX Oil Filters.jpg
    NSX Oil Filters.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Denso 'tall' NSX Oil Filter.jpg
    Denso 'tall' NSX Oil Filter.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 73
Back