• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keyless Entry Kit. Where to buy cheap?

I'm in need of a keyless entry kit. My car did not come with it. The best price I found was from Clint @ Reno Acura for $358.00 SHIPPED. Anyone have a better source for cheaper price? Please advise... I need one for a 97... Thanks!

well thats cheaper than what I paid for my new kit from the Dealership

480 thats with a discount. I would jump on it if you want the OEM keyless entry.

since you have a 1997 the kits they sell will fit from 1993-2004

the 05 was standard with keyless entry.

010 08E60-SL0-201F KEYLESS ENTRY 1 1997 NSX 483.16 362.37

here's the part number and retail and wholesale price. $350 is a good number.
thats $133 off the retail price.
i'd take it for that amount. sounds like a good deal.

rog

thanks for your input guys! i have ordered it today. i'm from LA btw. I found him thru prime when I ordered my front chin from him previously. if you guys need his info:

[FONT=&quot]CLINT HOWELL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARTS MANAGER[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11550 S. VIRGINIA STREET[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RENO, NEVADA 89511[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DIRECT: 775-229-7720[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARTS: 775-229-7779[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FAX:775-229-7792[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EMAIL: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARTS WEBSITE: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WWW.DISCOUNTACURAPARTS.COM[/FONT]

thanks for your input guys! i have ordered it today. i'm from LA btw. I found him thru prime when I ordered my front chin from him previously. if you guys need his info:

[FONT=&quot]CLINT HOWELL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARTS MANAGER[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11550 S. VIRGINIA STREET[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RENO, NEVADA 89511[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DIRECT: 775-229-7720[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARTS: 775-229-7779[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FAX:775-229-7792[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EMAIL: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARTS WEBSITE: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WWW.DISCOUNTACURAPARTS.COM[/FONT]

Clint and the Acura of Reno guys are good. I've ordered parts from them and they ship fast. I've had parts show up the next day.

Not sure why so many guys want to pay over $300 more for the "Acura" keyless entry when the unit is just OEM'd from another electronics company. (Directed Electronics, Alpine, Clarion, etc...) I'm guessing some just want to pay 10times more so their remote says Acura on it.

I bought a Clarion keyless entry system for less than $40, and it works perfectly with my factory alarm. It even pops the trunk too. Just make sure you get a competent installer.

best buy installed an alarm and amps in one of my friends car on the way home it started smoking he watched his car BURN to the ground then the Fire Trucks arrived on the interstate to put out the smoke, cuz thats all that was left.

BEST BUY is a NO-NO for an NSX

you got lucky with that one

the instruction is asking to write down the frequencies for the preset buttons. what does this mean? do i have to program anything?

I believe it is referring to the radio preset channel frequency's. That is so when you disconnect the battery for the install of the keyless, you can re-program the radio to the customers desired radio channels when you re-connect the battery.

You should not need to program anything to do with the keyless entry kit.

I believe it is referring to the radio preset channel frequency's. That is so when you disconnect the battery for the install of the keyless, you can re-program the radio to the customers desired radio channels when you re-connect the battery.

You should not need to program anything to do with the keyless entry kit.
great. thanks for clearing that up.

Not sure why so many guys want to pay over $300 more for the "Acura" keyless entry when the unit is just OEM'd from another electronics company. (Directed Electronics, Alpine, Clarion, etc...) I'm guessing some just want to pay 10times more so their remote says Acura on it.

I bought a Clarion keyless entry system for less than $40, and it works perfectly with my factory alarm. It even pops the trunk too. Just make sure you get a competent installer.

some ppl feel they would like to keep their specialty care special by keeping it OEM. What's wrong with that? Why would you quibble about how much this cost or that cost, if you own an NSX? You know you're gonna get jacked whenever you buy something "Acura", so be it.... thats what you bought into when you purchased the car.

If you want to buy a $40 item, thats your prerogative. I buy $40 items all the time for my piece of crap civic...

996GARAGE
I think we do this to add that receipt to our folder of NSX OEM receipts

always used OEM parts. etc. etc. even the OEM alarm.

as old and useless as it is. the pouch the remote comes with says NSX LOL

If you want to buy a $40 item, thats your prerogative. I buy $40 items all the time for my piece of crap civic...

Except in this case the $40 keyless entry is far superior to the OEM version. No NSX logo on it but you can probably get the case on the remote customized for less than the OEM keyless. :) The OEM system for Acura is made by Kenwood who hasn't made a decent keyless/alarm since Hector was a pup. At any rate, we're all entitled to spend our money however we want. I can understand 996garage's point of view though trying to help others use a better solution. If someone ever uses a codegrabber to steal the code off your OEM remote, you'll wish later on you had a smarter keyless unit.

Has anyone been able to make a key like this work for the NSX?

flp_milledkey_cm_1.jpg

Except in this case the $40 keyless entry is far superior to the OEM version. No NSX logo on it but you can probably get the case on the remote customized for less than the OEM keyless. :) The OEM system for Acura is made by Kenwood who hasn't made a decent keyless/alarm since Hector was a pup. At any rate, we're all entitled to spend our money however we want. I can understand 996garage's point of view though trying to help others use a better solution. If someone ever uses a codegrabber to steal the code off your OEM remote, you'll wish later on you had a smarter keyless unit.

My intent is to help owners realize they have another option to save hundreds of dollars, instead of thinking that their only solution is to buy a 20 year old OEM keyless entry unit. If you prefer to pay more for a unit that has the OEM logo on it, then that is surely your choice. Just understand that you have choices.

I work for a company that supplies the car radios, navigation, cd players, etc... to Honda & Acura vehicles. I am sharing this because I constantly run into a lot of young guys that don't realize that all ALL OEM mobile media is just re-badged Pioneer, Clarion, Directed, Rockford, etc product.

Back