• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

window regulator repair

i just finished the hugabuga window repair a few months ago but one of my cables unwound in the driver's side regulator and messed up the grooves in the gear. i was told to get a 1993 accord regulator on the passenger's side but it's not the right part inside.
anyone know which part from honda i need?
i also purchased a regulator for the driver's side oem and it's damaged also.
which window regulator from honda do i need? i'm trying to get ready for nsxcapades in a few weeks.

thanks,
rog

Hi Roger!
Here s an 93 accord regulator from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-9...ts=Model:Accord|Year:1993&hash=item588b0d29dchttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-93-HONDA-ACCORD-SE-RIGHT-REAR-WINDOW-REGULATOR-R1-/380290017756?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AAccord|Year%3A1993&hash=item588b0d29dc

I think there was 2 models in 93, by the description you told me, perhaps you bought the "scisor" type regulator from that scrapyard.

You can verify by the picture of that one from ebay that the motor is exactly the same as the NSX, that is the one you need:wink:

hey hugo,
you're exactly right! i thought just the outside was different, not the inside. now that i know the difference, i'll go back to the salvage yard and get the correct one.
i'll let you know how it turns out.

thanks a million!

cheers,
rog

How did the '93 accord regulator set work out?

hey hugo,
you're exactly right! i thought just the outside was different, not the inside. now that i know the difference, i'll go back to the salvage yard and get the correct one.
i'll let you know how it turns out.

thanks a million!

cheers,
rog

Hi,

How did the '93 accord regulator set work out? did it work? My passenger side is failing now and the dealer wanted $900. : (
Thanks,
Dean

Hi,

How did the '93 accord regulator set work out? did it work? My passenger side is failing now and the dealer wanted $900. : (
Thanks,
Dean

yes, it did. I've since had another failure and cleaned and rewound the unit and like new again

Hi!

I saw your old post about the window regulator and wanted to get some feedback off you if you dont mind! My drivers side window fell into my car. I removed the regulator and I was told that I was going to have to replace the regulator. Rather then assuming this i opened it up and realized that the steel cable inside is damaged, everything else seems to be ok. Additionally, the plastic grove piece that holds both cables together is broken but i know science of speed sells an aluminum one. Im not sure if i read your post wrong or not but were you saying that you could use a 93' accord passenger side window regulator on the driver side on the nsx? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

>but were you saying that you could use a 93' accord passenger side window regulator on the driver side on the nsx?

No. The NSX regulator can be repaired with parts robbed from the Accord.

There are places that rebuild regulators...even mobile mechanics, check Craigslist

Window regulator rebuild

I’ve used Window Motor World in Florida
They have rebuilt both my drivers and passengers sides for my 92 with 231,000 mile daily driver
Julie takes orders, Ernie is the tech & owner???
Mine came back with stronger cables
Good luck

Just wanted to chime in that I also used Window Motor World and so far I'm extremely impressed with their turn around time, and communication. I did order the SOS regulator kit and sent it along, Ill grab some pics when I get them back. Total was $520 for both units including return shipping, way cheaper than a used regulator in X condition from ebay or the like.

NSX window regulator

Thank you Drew for the clarification.
Dean

>but were you saying that you could use a 93' accord passenger side window regulator on the driver side on the nsx?

No. The NSX regulator can be repaired with parts robbed from the Accord.

There are places that rebuild regulators...even mobile mechanics, check Craigslist

Just got done installing my regulators and I'm super happy with the results. They came back in great shape and the results were fantastic. Although I still have a tiny bit of play in the actual window tracks, the regulators work flawlessly and they are much faster than my worn units and have solid stops when full up and down.

signal-2021-08-22-190619_001.jpeg

signal-2021-08-22-190619_002.jpeg

signal-2021-08-22-190619_003.jpeg

signal-2021-08-22-190619_004.jpeg

Did you do the Teflon window guides to?

I did mine years ago when the Hugo kit was still available and mine are still going strong. But my fathers NSX needs to be rehabilitated.

Is that a Hugo kit or Window Motor World make there own version?

Last edited:
Did you do the Teflon window guides to?

I did mine years ago when the Hugo kit was still available and mine are still going strong. But my fathers NSX needs to be rehabilitated.

Is that a Hugo kit or Window Motor World make there own version?

I used the Science of Speed rebuild kit which has a metal regulator cable retainer, and their injection molding bushing kit, I'm not sure about the WMW motor kit.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...hings-set-of-8-for-two-doors-nsx-1991-05.html

Back