• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Motorcycle you ride?

man o man you need to try honda or kawasaki ABS my bro got same bike i think it;s 04 hate working on it ( i know Hate is very strong but yes) try to flush out abs u gota take the hole dam thing apart and ABS noise man that give me headacke eveytime i rode his bike wich is more then him.. NE way eveyone have diffrent idea how bikes should be lol

keep shiny side up

Ravi

You're right about the ABS noise. That servo-assist motor noise takes some getting used to (although you don't hear it when you're riding), and working on the ABS system is a PIA (along with changing the battery and air filter, which you have to remove the gas tank to get to both. I had a Honda Magna 750 before this and this BMW will outperform that one in every way. I intend to test ride other street bikes next spring and if I can find a more comfortable and confidence inspiring bike than this, I'll buy it.
Happy Motoring!

You're right about the ABS noise. That servo-assist motor noise takes some getting used to (although you don't hear it when you're riding), and working on the ABS system is a PIA (along with changing the battery and air filter, which you have to remove the gas tank to get to both. I had a Honda Magna 750 before this and this BMW will outperform that one in every way. I intend to test ride other street bikes next spring and if I can find a more comfortable and confidence inspiring bike than this, I'll buy it.
Happy Motoring!

I hear you it took me wile before I got the perfect bike I wanted I went thru lets see in last 4 years 05 honda VFR 800, Honda 600RR 05 Honda 1000repsoil, Yamaha VMax, Can am Spyder, Kawasaki C14, Ninja 650R and just restored 86 Megna 750 for my mother in law it had 2k miles on it. Oh Ducati just came out with this http://www.multistrada.ducati.com/jspducatimultistrada/index.jsp?lang=en you might wana try 1 of best all around bike and yeah try running Shell Roterlla t 5-40 in blue bottle NE way good luck.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73408&stc=1&d=1292885965

Don't have a good shot of my own so here is a generic image of my Rune. Same bike as Ravi's but Bloodstone Red. Mine is a '95 that I purchased new in '97 but somehow just can't seem to find enough time to ride. It seems that on all the nice days my wife wants to be on the boat so the Rune sits a lot. At least we can drive the NSX to the marina and back home so it gets a little more use.

Peter

Attachments

• ValkyrieRuneRed.jpg
    ValkyrieRuneRed.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 349
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73408&stc=1&d=1292885965

I purchased new in '97 but somehow just can't seem to find enough time to ride. It seems that on all the nice days my wife wants to be on the boat so the Rune sits a lot. At least we can drive the NSX to the marina and back home so it gets a little more use.

Peter

Great bike, I love the Rune

Sounds like you're in the same, "boat" pardon the pun, that I am. Since 2001 I've only put 3000 miles on my HD, my brother has the first year (1996?) Valkyrie with a little more than 3k miles. It gets more miles being rolled around on it's parking dolly than actual road miles... The dolly does make it easy move around since I don't use it much.

bike_dolly_01_LRG.jpg

Somehow just knowing it's there in the garage if I need some therapy calms my nerves so I guess it's cheaper than a therapist..:smile:

Don't have a good shot of my own so here is a generic image of my Rune. Same bike as Ravi's but Bloodstone Red. Mine is a '95 that I purchased new in '97 but somehow just can't seem to find enough time to ride. It seems that on all the nice days my wife wants to be on the boat so the Rune sits a lot. At least we can drive the NSX to the marina and back home so it gets a little more use.

Peter

haha you mean 05 i don;t think they made those in 95

haha you mean 05 i don;t think they made those in 95

Yep, when you get to a certain age the decades tend to blend together!!!:confused:

'05 with <500miles. I do manage to put about 2000 miles a year on the TR250 though.

kal lake 2 smaller.jpg

Now that I have folded the NSX into the equation we will have to see what gets driven when.

Peter

Peter - absolutely stunning and beautiful TR 250! Great car - can remember as a kid a neighbor who raced one in SCCA. Think that began my affection for cars and racing. Eventually got a TR-6 and was "indoctrinated" into the Lucas electrical system.... :eek:

Cheers, and Happy Motoring. Jay

lol thanx you gota see it inperson... when are you guys planing on going let me know so i can take some time off. oh what year is your R1 i might have something for ya i use to have 1 02 i think ...dam i need to start keep track of bikes

keep shiny side up.

RK

It's an 08.

May be towards April/Summer. I might do some local runs in March just to keep cycle oil circulated.

very cool!
As this is an old post I hope you guys won't mind a little hijack.

I only drive it a couple of times a year but it is in great condition. I also have the optional factory hard top.

Peter

Attachments

• Image021.jpg
    Image021.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 70
^ The S600 isn't that big of a hijack as it is 600cc, roller crank, 4 carbs, 9000rpm red line and CHAIN DRIVE. A lot of old Soichiro Honda motorcycle knowhow in this one.

Peter

^ The S600 isn't that big of a hijack as it is 600cc, roller crank, 4 carbs, 9000rpm red line and CHAIN DRIVE. A lot of old Soichiro Honda motorcycle knowhow in this one.

Peter

yep, i think you've got that right!

great looking car.

I've was riding a cruiser for a few years...but never a sports bike. I like to one day have the courage to get on it and own one. In term of the ride, what's the different? What to do on a sports and NOT on a cruiser? How much leaning do you on a sports during the turn? I would appreciate a little feedback......especially those that have ridden a sports and cruiser.

TIA

Had a nice ride yesterday while the weather was awesome!

My GSX-R 750

IMAG0105.jpg

Just added some new tank pads! :smile: My Birthday present to myself!!!

IMAG0108.jpg

Looking Sporty

IMAG0106.jpg

Dreaded double post...sorry

Last edited:
My race bike. 2007 Monster Energy AMA Supersport bike.

Attachments

• Rob.jpg
    Rob.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 320
I've was riding a cruiser for a few years...but never a sports bike. I like to one day have the courage to get on it and own one. In term of the ride, what's the different? What to do on a sports and NOT on a cruiser? How much leaning do you on a sports during the turn? I would appreciate a little feedback......especially those that have ridden a sports and cruiser.

TIA

The only difference is the comfort in my opinion. I love sportbikes bike they can only be ridden a few hours, then i have to get off and walk around. Cruisers can be ridden longer distances without the fatigue. Im getting older and wanting a zx14 to ride, just for comfort of me and passengers.

Back