• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did the 94+ NSX ever get factory chrome wheels?

Did the 94+ NSX ever get factory chrome wheels? I have a '95 NSX that I bought used and it has the OEM 7 spoke chrome wheels on them. I was just curious whether chrome wheels came as a factory option or whether the previous owner had them chromed himself. Thanks.

Ryan

No. I can't think of any car manufactures that offer chrome wheels. You will normally see wheels polished with a clear coat if the manufacture has a shiney wheel design.

Chrome wheels would be a warranty liability.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

The '94-96 NSX came from the factory with Solaris Silver wheels. The painted finish on these is a gunmetal gray color.

The '97+ NSX came with Blades Silver wheels. These had more of a clearcoated metal look to them.

Exception, of course, for the white ones which came with white wheels.

You can see these three colors illustrated on Dali Racing's website at http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/wheels/oem_wheels.cfm?focus=317

I purchaed my 95 NSX-T wheel chrome 7-spoke OEM wheels on it. I did buy the car used, so I do not know if the car came this way from the dealer.

Usually car dealers have relationships with local customizers to add wheels, ground effects, etc, in order to bump up thier margins on the cars. My 2000 Mustang GT Conv. came from the dealer with chromed OEM 17" wheels and a Saleen roll (light) bar installed. So, I think what I'm getting at is that the chromed wheels are most likely aftermarket.

BTW - I need a replacement wheel, chrome 17" 7-spoke OEM. The last owner must have been using the wheel as a curb feeler... The local wheel repair shop wants $350 to fix it... email me if anyone has one for sale.

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

I need a replacement wheel, chrome 17" 7-spoke OEM. The last owner must have been using the wheel as a curb feeler... The local wheel repair shop wants $350 to fix it... email me if anyone has one for sale.

You're not likely to find one already chromed, but you can buy one and have it chromed yourself. (Info about chroming in the you-know-what.)

Best price on new OEM seven-spoke wheels is from Dali Racing (see website link above).

Two used ones are for sale on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=573937165&r=0&t=0 Maybe you can convince them to part with one of them.

However, keep in mind that you're not likely to find somewhere to buy one wheel that's going to be less than that $350 repair cost. So you might be better off just getting it fixed.

Back