• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im the new owner with the nsx that had 409k when it was sold

I bought the nsx from the guy that bought it from shane at autowave
he couldnt afford it so i bought it and i love it got the clutch fixed and its a garage Queen now im debating about wheels any ideas :smile:

This it?

6r7xjn.jpg

I was wondering where that car ended up. Prime's "Ben" checked it out for me when it was posted on craigslist about a year ago. He sent me a number of pictures including the below ones. Car looked to be in great shape considering the mileage. As far as wheels are concerned, I really am partial to the OEM 2002+ style so that's where I'd recommend you go with it!

Post some current pictures! And get that baby out of the garage and back on the road to 500k. I'm at 452,500 on my old Legend.

DSF_5600.jpg

DSF_5560.jpg

wow

would love some mechanical info about the car:
original engine/trans ?
what kind of oil was used,etc.

Jeeze, I hope you didn't overpay.............Kelly Blue Book on an NSX with 407,000 miles is only $11,600.

Make sure it isn't in the snap ring range, those things can go at any time.
You should be due at 420,000 miles for your 7th timing belt change. You might as well have the cam plugs done and the water pump.

If your compression is good, maybe a low boost Angus turbo is in order.

Thats the car that 4cruzin put on the site it still looks the same the fool that i got it from changed the cluster he said it broke i wish i had the original but the price was good i didnt over pay he was loosing his home so im still under 8k with the new cluctch better than buying another car that dosent have a exotic look now it just parked in the garage its more of a car that i love dosent matter the miles its a head turner :smile: everywhere it goes yes original motor i think diff tranny i spoke to shane from AutoWave and he said all main had neen done 25K miles ago incl timing belt so it will last longer since i dont drive it much ill put pics later as the changes go on

Last edited:
Thats the car that 4cruzin put on the site it still looks the same the fool that i got it from changed the cluster he said it broke i wish i had the original but the price was good i didnt over pay he was loosing his home so im still under 8k with the new cluctch better than buying another car that dosent have a exotic look now it just parked in the garage its more of a car that i love dosent matter the miles its a head turner :smile: everywhere it goes yes original motor i think diff tranny i spoke to shane from AutoWave and he said all main had neen done 25K miles ago incl timing belt so it will last longer since i dont drive it much ill put pics later as the changes go on

So you don't have the 400k cluster? ahh, that sucks...

you got the nsx for 6,000? wow

this engine is proof that these engine will last forever. with out SC or Turbo. I would never do SC or turbo as I would be scared to hurt the engine.call me old school but Yikes

most new cars with Turbo's only warranty the New engine for 50K miles.
but the same car with out turbo is warranty to 100K miles.
that tells you something there.

but the fact thaqt it has over 400K miles is amazing. and like someone said earlier it makes these garage queens look like fools.

this car has had so much fun on the road. I am sure it will last for another 20 years with all it regular updates, tb,wp,hoses etc. keep her alive
and keep posting pics of the OD lol thats amazing

I love my NSX

on my way to NSXCAPADES last sunday Mine just hit 120,023 Miles

Last edited:

Get a compression and leak down test. I'm curious....

Hell why keep it in the garrage - get that car on the road - see how far it will go! You might set an all time record for high mileage - maybe 800k - who knows.

I would however consider a leak down test. Hopefully all the rings and valve stems, seats are all ok? MMMMmmmmm makes you sho nuff wonder how far these engines can go doesn't it? You realize you have a car that you will never be able to get your money out of so why save it now. Pretty cool man! Gotta love the nerve it took to buy this car.

And on another post here - everyone is worried about whether a car with 2600 miles on it is a good investment. Geez....The Kid is on it though - of course he'll turn it into another garrage queen right next to his other one the Zanardi. Oh well to each his own!

The fact that the 400k cluster is now missing takes away the novelty of this car for me. Now it just becomes another rollback victim on the next Carfax or Autocheck and nobody will ever be able to really verify the mileage. I would have loved to see this car roll 500,000 with the cluster -- and other documentation -- to back it up. Oh well. Sounds like the price was right and the car's in good hands so have fun with it!

If this is still the orginal engine and tranny then I laugh at those garage queen NSXs even more...........

I guess you can laugh at them. These certain people are just trying to keep their car in great condition to maybe sell down the line for an ok price?

Is there a way for you to see if the guy still has the broken 400k mile cluster? I would pay you a finders fee in order to get a hold of that. Seriously.

the guy that i bought the car from is shady for some reason i tried to get a hold of him befor to ask him for the cluster and he gets nervous,like im gonna call the cops on him for changing the cluster but oh well wish he had had the cluster
but like i said i love the car i couldn't afford a new one so this is good for me
its paid for :smile: and i dont owe anybody a dime thats the best part of life to be debt free. i have fun with my other babies (04 sti) :biggrin: ill keep updates
im never selling the car so the updates will be slow but it will turn out good at the end. if the motor ever goes out ill invest in a 3.2 with a 6speed trans.:cool:

Last edited:
i went for a ride in this car at nsxpo 2003 at sears point. the car at that point in time had about 340K miles and was still on original engine and tranny. the card was like literally being in a 30K mile nsx.

Back