• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel fitments for NSX

OK people, I hope these posts help since I see so many threads about the same "eternal" question, "what rims fit my car" or "will these fit" so here we go...

I am going to list what fits in the two most popular size combos:

- 17"/18"

- 18"/19"

... with a little deduction you will also be able to determine wether your 15/16, 16/17, 17/17, 18/18 combos will work too.

So here we go:

18"/19" -

Front wheels:

- 18X7.5, +45 (very inset) to +30 (very flush and depending on tire choice, possibly risky)

- 18X8, +48 (again very inset) to +33 (again very flush, use caution - and narow tire)

- 18X8.5, +48 (yes very inset but the rim is wider) to +42 ( it should be noted that the tire will be very, very stretched and this is not for everyone)

Rear wheels:
*** It MUST be noted that the NSX suspension geometry is such that when lowering the car, the rear will pull the tire inwards significantly, allowing a lower offset - lower number means wheel sticks out more - thus your wheel that was "flush" at stock height will no longer be flush, keep this in mind and know that the lower offset REAR wheels listed here will only work with lowered cars*** - wheels marked (*) are for lowered cars -

- 19X9 (very narrow wheel but can work, not "optimal") +40 to +30*

- 19X9.5 +45 to +28*

- 19X10 +45 to +28*

- 19X10.5 +45 to +29* ( at the lower offsets your car will need to be quite low and use a stretched tire (265/30/19) to clear fenders)

- 19X11 +45 to +36*

17"/18"

Front wheels:

17X7 +40 to +30

17X7.5 +44 to +32

17X8 +48 to +33

17X8.5 +48 to +40

Rear wheels:

18X8.5 +40 to +30 (this width NOT recommended but will work)

18X9 +40 to +30 (minimum rec'd width)

18X9.5 +45 to +33

18X10 +45 to +30

18X10.5 +45 to +30

I am going to say that these are only my estimates for wheel fitment and they probably don't agree with what everyone else says but I have spent a long time fitting wheels to the NSX and these are MY findings.

USE CAUTION WHEN FITTING WHEELS/TIRES - AND COMMON SENSE

Last edited:
Good work Angus! We gotta sticky this thing.
One question though, it shouldn't your recommendations for offsets be about the same for a given wheel width (I noticed they're slightly different from 17/18 to 18/19)?

I'm thinking taking this a step further and maybe making a Excel spreadsheet to cross reference some common tire sizes. Then coloring it red, yellow, green for fitments. I'm still drawing it up in my mind though.. .

Can you also specify how much / what you were lowered on?

Angus,

I've been waiting for this thread for a LONG time. Can you please add on what tire sizes are "non" rubbing based on each of those listings.

Thanks again for your help, and this is a deeply appreciated thread for the newbies.

Good work Angus! We gotta sticky this thing.
One question though, it shouldn't your recommendations for offsets be about the same for a given wheel width (I noticed they're slightly different from 17/18 to 18/19)?

The reason for the difference is because they do fit different from what I found, the tire heights are not the same and neither are the tire overhang, so the offsets end up different.

I'm going to add some aggressive fitments that have worked for me, with zero rubbing. Keep in mind I had to run a slight stretch to acheive the +25 in front and +19 in rear.

18x7.5 +30 to +25
19x9.5 +24 to +19

While there are more aggressive fitments that can and have worked, I am thinking that the ones I have listed are about as aggressive as one would want to go in general - a person who is looking for advice on what to get is probably not trying to go 101% in the fitment department if you know what I mean - on the other hand, someone who wants the maximum "hella flush" setup will not need this advice either...

As I said in my post - use common sense. :wink:

+4 or 5 or whatever on the sticky and newbie comments! My car has been stock it's entire life and is begging for some upgrades and this thread has and will make life much easier for many of us new guys.:biggrin: Thanks Angus!

If i ran a 18x9 with a 28 offset on the rear what tire would you recommend i use?

You could easily run a 255/35 or 265/35 depending on your ride height - I even used 285/30 on a 9" rim once (not approved)

your 9" rim with a +28 is almost identical to a 10" +40 which is commonplace.

any idea of 18x9.5 +28 in the rear , will i have any issues and some tire specs ideas
255 35 18?

Back