• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R GT Cloned With Latest SOS ITB's

Here's what it looks like WingZ:wink:

itb6.JPG

Awesome! That was the thing that held me back on ITB's was that the first ones I saw didn't look like you could have an engine cover. Good job Dan!

Oh yeah guys were talking about airbox/intake. Will the DF-R/Mugen not supply sufficient air or like was mentioned earlier maybe a DF on each side?

Last edited:
Awesome! That was the thing that held me back on ITB's was that the first ones I saw didn't look like you could have an engine cover. Good job Dan!

Oh yeah guys were talking about airbox/intake. Will the DF-R/Mugen not supply sufficient air or like was mentioned earlier maybe a DF on each side?

Thanks for the compliments ;)
I have some alternative ram air souces for my set up.
I should get all my CF parts later this week so I can start fab my custom ductings.

I am watching this build..I like the idea of using the passenger side intake along with the scoop.Did'nt Chris fab up a sandwitch type air fiter system for the itb?

Thanks for the compliments ;)
I have some alternative ram air souces for my set up.
I should get all my CF parts later this week so I can start fab my custom ductings.

Darn no drool gif ..lol Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Hey Chris any word on when you'll have it available for DBW or is that not going to happen??

Dan, looking great! Congrats! Gotta give me a ride next time I'm up there.

Darn no drool gif ..lol Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Hey Chris any word on when you'll have it available for DBW or is that not going to happen??

I believe this system is available to DBW but you have to convert your DBW to cable linkage setup and that should be just about.
Don't quote me on that but I am certain that it can be done.

I believe this system is available to DBW but you have to convert your DBW to cable linkage setup and that should be just about.
Don't quote me on that but I am certain that it can be done.

Your right I just want to keep the DBW :biggrin:

Latest updates:
Complete ITBs installation minus splicing electrical wires for TPS and wideband sensors.

Installed CF Side scoop and ducting and CF hatch scoop from top.

itb12.JPG

itb22.JPG

Beautiful! So if you don't have the hatch scope will one side air be enough? As I don't see how they can get air from passenger side:confused:

Looking good!

What state of tune are you going for? Ours is pretty close to stock, as it is limited by the class we are racing in. It will be around 380bhp. Eventually will stroke the car and go for bigger power.

Air coming from these sources are just for show IMO. As the ITBs will get plenty of air just the way it is. No air from the passenger side because there's the engine fan there (Honda incorporated engine fan on a certain production years and not all).

Rob,
My tune is very minimal and not agressive at all.
I hope to finally stroke it to 3.2 and 11.5:1 compression.

Dan

Tell us more about your CF hatch scoop from top. Did you drill a hole through the window glass???

I see that you're running a mesh-type engine cover, so if you manage to punch through the glass, I suppose you can get air in that way.

Where did you get the lexan hatch?

I want to get one with vent slots, to give it that 70's look where, for a brief few years, people actually put venetian blinds on their rear windows to block the sun. But I imagine vent slots would spoil the aerodynamics in that crucial low pressure area.

That was me :)
Thank you, and certaintly you will be able to hear the set up when we get together in the nw area soon.
I noticed that you've just joined prime. Are you a new NSX owner in the area?
See you around,

Dan

Thanks! Ya I have been lurking at prime maybe for about a year, but just joined recently. ITB's looking really good! :biggrin:

I removed my passenger engine fan for weight savings and havnt had any issues.

Back