• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R GT Cloned With Latest SOS ITB's

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! Real cool Build Dan!!

Here's what it looks like WingZ:wink:

itb6.JPG

Here's what Tony @ UMS Tuning from Arizona did:
System idles just like OEM, throaty as hell, instant response, it hisses like a wasp behind your ears, pulls a lot harder now (power gained on the dyno verifies that).Of course this is nothing compares to a SC or Turbocharged NSX, but today is one of the happier days of owning an NSX.
I can't thank enough for what Chris @ SOS did for me, awesome support and very professional.
I am glad I flew Tony out for the tune!!! highly recommended.
Tony spent approx. 2 hrs. on the dyno... voila, all done just like that!
first pull, 255 WHP.... second pull 271 WHP and third pull 274 WHP... :biggrin:
Baseline was 233, so 41 WHP was more than I expected!!!:biggrin:
I know the number seems low for baseline on this dyno, but I am well aware of what kind of power my car was putting out (I walked away from my friend's 310 WHP Subaru). And now with 41 additional WHP, my butt dyno told me that my car runs stronger than before.
Previously, my car put out 276 on a dynanometer, so for those that like to see higher number I will put my car on that dyno next time and see what it'll read. But for now, I am super super happy of the results!
Z Sport Automotive in Everett is awesome. I've been there twice and I already treated like a family member to them... very nice people.
This turned out to be one of the best mod I've ever done to my car. We are talking about huge mod compared to NSX-R seats and NSX-R GT kit.

Lets see some videos!!!

first one is on the dyno, second one is from a spirited private road dyno. I left the cam rolling beyond 1 min to show that the car drives like stock and idles just like one. But yeah, the first 10 seconds is what I'd call exciting.

graph1.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LkdyJzKo8tE" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yR0290uWnk4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Full specs:

My car is a 94 GPW, 5 sp MT with 70K miles on the clock with:

SOS 48 mm ITBs
Billet fuel rails
Billet fuel fittings
AEM EMS ver. 2
UAGO wideband x2
Fuel press. reg. and fuel pressure gauge
DC headers
Comptech straight pipes
ARC Titanium exhaust
Full NSX-R GT kit
NSX-R headlights w/HID
NSX-R all emblems
NSX-R Seats/powered
NSX-R Steering wheel
NSX-R horn button and ring
NSX-R steering hub
NSX-R instrument cluster bezel
NSX-R suspension
NSX-R coolant tank cover
NSX-R engine bay cover
NSX-R center caps
NSX-R mesh shift boot
Pop Design NSX-R gauges
Pop Design NSX-R carpet with NSX-R plate
Pro-Car NSX-R hood with vanes
Pro-Car NSX-R spoiler
Spoon sideview mirrors (only set in the US on an NSX)
Kite-garage NSX-R hood scoop
Kite-garage radiator panel
Do-Luck front and rear sway bars
One-off Titanium strut bar
RL 4 pot BBK with 2-piece Brembo slotted 12.9 in. front
Championship white powdercoated 02+ wheels
Suede interior
Blank dry CF center console
Dry CF door switch panels
CF knee bolster
LED tail lights
Type-S knob
Oddessy 850 battery with Dali Racing billet holder
Aluminum fender&1/4panel bolts
JDM front fenders
Lexan hatch
CF ductings
Mugen oil cap
Billet fuse box cover
Dali CAIS
JDM nav pod
AutoVation billet pedals

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
Dan, Your car is absolutely amazing!!! Seeing it in person today on the dyno gave me the feeling of a true JDM NSX-R GT!!! I admire your original approach and attention to detail. EVERYTHING on your car is damn near flawless!!! HP isn't everything but having an original build and being so close to authentic is a real treat in itself. Congratulations!!! Everyone reading this...the videos don't do his car justice... you gotta hear this thing in person!!! Just plain sexy!!!

I also want to publicly thank you Dan for being a great friend and a huge help, Chris from SOS for all of your help and support on my build, Z-sports in Everett for there facility, professionalism and hospitality, and finally I thank the Master Tuner, Tony from UMS for making it possible to retune my personal car and a good clients car too! Tony is simply amazing!!!

Dan, I can't wait to get a ride in that flawless machine!

Best regards,
Charles

Dan! The low and mid-range torque! Holy crap!

Truly happy for you, congrats. :)

must show love for those dedicated to NA power! Best of luck with the car.

274 is pretty respectable for a stock compression motor with ITB's...Congrats man. I can't wait to see where you're gonna be after the high compression build...:eek:

Love all the mods on your car! With all the R goodies, any reason why you are holding off on a R spec 6 speed?

I am selective of what NSX-R parts I SHOULD have and prioritized it accordingly.:smile:
Will see what other R parts that I can lay my hands on at a given time.
I once had a chance to get a REAL NSX-R hood for $2500 but passed it up..:mad: I am kicking myself in the ash for that. But oh well, next chance if it ever arrises.

Back