• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R GT Cloned With Latest SOS ITB's

I love the ITBs - they look great and it sounds great but I'm curious how much have the 0-60 times improved? I love the fact that you stayed naturally aspirated. Wonderful - do you have any pictures of the console? Great job!!!

I love the ITBs - they look great and it sounds great but I'm curious how much have the 0-60 times improved? I love the fact that you stayed naturally aspirated. Wonderful - do you have any pictures of the console? Great job!!!

I am afraid I cannot accurately answer your question as far as 0-60 time.
But I can tell you that whatever your time is, now just add 41 WHP to it and that's that.:)
pictures of my interior yet to post.

Is the exhaust laws in washington made in 07 still in affect? I remembering them cracking down on everybody before i left in 07. I wońt return for another 3 years and was curious what db people are getting away with.

Last edited:
must show love for those dedicated to NA power!
Amen brother! "All natural" is where it's at. Dan, your dedication is an inspiration to me :)

Your car looks amazing. Personally, I've been on-again/off-again moving towards ITB, myself. The one thing I haven't been able to get comfortable with is the sheer noise ITBs put out, for street use. You, my friend, are a lot younger man than I am. So, I'm not looking for as much attention down here in sunny Miami. Just looking to tool around, but without so many decibels cranking in the background.

Can you tell me approximately (better yet, specifically) what is the DB count at a specific RPM before and after installation of the ITB set up? Do you or Chris at SOS have such information you'd be willing to share? We've heard so much about the fact that this set up is really tuned towards the track, and now I see that you're successfully running it for street use. More info, please...

Last edited:
Hi Anil,
I thank you for the comps, especially coming from someone with exceptional dedications toward NA belief.
To aswer your question, I believe the sound increase is nominal. If I have to give you a DB number, I would give it an increase of 3-5 DB max.
My set up behaves just like before, meaning if I were to ease on the gas peddal then it wouldn't get loud at all. Only when I stomp on the gas, then the sound would then noticeably louder than OEM manifold set up.
At idle, the butterfly valves are almost shut (the engine gets it air from OEM idle control valve).
I can easily cruising without any noise intrusion.
On the side note, I believe your engine set up would most benefit from ITBs than my stock engine configuration. So easily +75 WHP on top of what you have is realistic.

Regards,

Dan

Amen brother! "All natural" is where it's at. Dan, your dedication is inspiration to me :)

Your car looks amazing. Personally, I've been on-again/off-again moving towards ITB, myself. The one thing I haven't been able to get comfortable with is the sheer noise ITBs put out, for street use. You, my friend, are a lot younger man than I am. So, I'm not looking for as much attention down here in sunny Miami. Just looking to tool around, but without so many decibels cranking in the background.

Can you tell me approximately (better yet, specifically) what is the DB count at a specific RPM before and after installation of the ITB set up? Do you or Chris at SOS have such information you'd be willing to share? We've heard so much about the fact that this set up is really tuned towards the track, and now I see that you're successfully running it for street use. More info, please...

Is the exhaust laws in washington made in 07 still in affect? I remembering them cracking down on everybody before i left in 07. I wońt return for another 3 years and was curious what db people are getting away with.

They are quite relaxed with that law around here.
Remember all those HDs with straight pipes? they are 2x louder than most car on the street.

I was pulled over several tǐmes a week and ticketed once but this was in vancouver wa And in a accord

Wow! Nice job! I cannot wait to hear it in person! Maybe we should do a get together with a couple of owners before summer?:biggrin:

Wow! Nice job! I cannot wait to hear it in person! Maybe we should do a get together with a couple of owners before summer?:biggrin:

Charles at Acura of Lynnwood and I were talking about a quick dinner meet soon (pending on decent weather conditions)
But yeah, I will post it in the PACNW section so keep an eye out.

i love this project.

i would like to see the dyno graph with the itbs versus you car prior (baseline)

what i'm curious about is the 1-4K rpm torque on both graphs,
a) how does the increased flow impact low end torque
b) does removal of the vvis impact low end torque

i have a comptech na2 nsx with no vvis and a na stock 05 nsx with vvis. i know vvis removal on high boost turbo or sc setups increase power, but curious what it does to down low torque on a NA car like yours.

great work

Dyno graph posted.

i love this project.

i would like to see the dyno graph with the itbs versus you car prior (baseline)

what i'm curious about is the 1-4K rpm torque on both graphs,
a) how does the increased flow impact low end torque
b) does removal of the vvis impact low end torque

i have a comptech na2 nsx with no vvis and a na stock 05 nsx with vvis. i know vvis removal on high boost turbo or sc setups increase power, but curious what it does to down low torque on a NA car like yours.

great work

How does the OEM idle air control valve work in this design? Is there an air hose from that valve to each of the cylinders, feeding air into the engine down-wind from the butterfly valves?
ITB_IACplate_800.jpg

thanks

so i looked back and saw your dyno numbers. they confuse me, maybe i'm reading them wrong, but looks like substantially more torque from as low as 1K rpm with the itb's. the whole talk of the variable length induction system was that it helped the torque through the lower rev range, yet elimination of it doesn't appears to have only positive effects on torque. Very interesting.

How does the OEM idle air control valve work in this design? Is there an air hose from that valve to each of the cylinders, feeding air into the engine down-wind from the butterfly valves?
ITB_IACplate_800.jpg

Yes, each cylinder connects to a distribution manifold, which is integrated into the support block. The idle air control valve then feeds air to the cylinders through this block, allowing excellent idle quality - a big difference between this and other individual throttle systems.

ITB_supportblock_800.jpg

cheers,
-- Chris

Yes, each cylinder connects to a distribution manifold, which is integrated into the support block. The idle air control valve then feeds air to the cylinders through this block, allowing excellent idle quality - a big difference between this and other individual throttle systems.
Well done.

So where are the auxiliary vacuum take-offs then? For the brake master cylinder, for example? From the same place, I guess?

One can use tiny stepper motors to fine-tune each butterfly valve's angle based on the measured vacuum downstream from it. The ECU treats that as a closed loop system. It allows an equal amount of air into each cylinder. Tuning the mixture is still done via O2 sensor, but that'll be a separate control loop from the butterfly valve angle loop.

I'm not sure even F1 does that, but if you want smoothness, that'll be the next step.

Took her out to some spirited driving, big grin everytime I floor the gas pedal.
I can only imagine what it is like to have the kind of power like SOS's NSX.
My thought was that, maybe I need short gears to stay in the power band. But after a brief encounter with a friend's car, I think the torque in the 4k-5500 rpm compensate for prior to vtec range.
By the way my mpg is being monitored right now. Thus far I've got 80 miles for half tank. I can careless about mpg, but I thought I'd inform that info to be fair. I believe regular driving might get me 200 miles per tank. That means I would be 75 miles short of my prior set up. That, I would trade for the thrill I am enjoying right now.

Took her out to some spirited driving, big grin everytime I floor the gas pedal.
I can only imagine what it is like to have the kind of power like SOS's NSX.
My thought was that, maybe I need short gears to stay in the power band. But after a brief encounter with a friend's car, I think the torque in the 4k-5500 rpm compensate for prior to vtec range.
By the way my mpg is being monitored right now. Thus far I've got 80 miles for half tank. I can careless about mpg, but I thought I'd inform that info to be fair. I believe regular driving might get me 200 miles per tank. That means I would be 75 miles short of my prior set up. That, I would trade for the thrill I am enjoying right now.

Yikes! MPG very important to me:frown: I'll just have to admire your set up:biggrin:

If your fuel usage is that much increased could you tune it to be less rich?

Well, I think it all comes down to how much you stay on the gas pedal at a given tank.
I remember getting 6 miles to a gallon at Portland race track. So it's all about your driving style. With that kind of thrill, I tend to gas peddal happy nowadays.
Gave a friend a ride yesterday and he sure changed his view point on NA power. He is used to 500-600 boosted Toyotas and Nissans and have always looked down on Hondas.
But after the ride, he admitted that the power delivery on my NA set up is very sweet.

If one is concerned about MPG buy a civic hybrid. I'd hope the majority buy the NSX for the thrill, enjoyment and performance! If I get more than 200 miles in a tank I'm dissapointed in myself!
Gas pedals on the right fellas! To each his own I guess. lol! :smile:

It's nice to hear your're enjoying your new beast Dan! I'm in line for a ride next time! :cool:

If one is concerned about MPG buy a civic hybrid. I'd hope the majority buy the NSX for the thrill, enjoyment and performance! If I get more than 200 miles in a tank I'm dissapointed in myself!
Gas pedals on the right fellas! To each his own I guess. lol! :smile:

It's nice to hear your're enjoying your new beast Dan! I'm in line for a ride next time! :cool:

So does this mean if one doesn't care about MPG he should buy a gas station:biggrin:

So does this mean if one doesn't care about MPG he should buy a gas station:biggrin:

WingZ,
While I tried to understand where you are coming from and I respect your POV.
But something is going to give when you alter the configuration of the engine.
As for me, I'd rather gain the performance and get a kick out of it than getting the good old mileage with typical OEM NSX performance.
But yeah, you can't have goodness of both world!;)

Back