• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R GT Cloned With Latest SOS ITB's

Recording a drag race with iPhone4 = Fail...:frown:

I'll give you a high pass for the audio, and even a low pass on the video with bonus points for NSX disappearing into the sunset as engine peaks :smile:

Last edited:
The ITB's look sweet.

Here goes:biggrin:
I've been waiting for 4+ years for this day.
After witnessing in person of how awesome SOS' NSX with ITBs set up at NSXPO in Vegas, I have decided to pull the last string to modify my engine.

Met up with NA1/2-R GT yesterday at the Kart track. We went for a quick spin in the X. The car is perfect: it pulls hard, and it corners strong and flat. Even though my Camaro has an auto-cross suspension on it, by comparison, it might as well be an aircraft carrier. The Type-R suspension is taut for sure, but it's no more harsh on the bumps than my car, yet it facilitates so much more aggressiveness.

As for the speed, he claimed that he was below 300 rwhp, which is right in the same neighborhood as my car, but the NSX feels so much faster (possibly an attribute of making it's power at the top). My car starts off with a serious jump but the g-forces plateau or taper off as the rpm climbs. With the NSX, it's the opposite: the gs increase as the tach climbs, which, combined with the rising exhaust note and engine sounds, creates an exhilarating sensation of speed and urgency.

I have yet to actually drive one, however, even being on the passenger side, it's apparent that from a thrill-of-the-drive perspective, there might not be a better car in the world (especially considering what is available to the NSX in the aftermarket).

Met up with NA1/2-R GT yesterday at the Kart track. We went for a quick spin in the X. The car is perfect: it pulls hard, and it corners strong and flat. Even though my Camaro has an auto-cross suspension on it, by comparison, it might as well be an aircraft carrier. The Type-R suspension is taut for sure, but it's no more harsh on the bumps than my car, yet it facilitates so much more aggressiveness.

As for the speed, he claimed that he was below 300 rwhp, which is right in the same neighborhood as my car, but the NSX feels so much faster (possibly an attribute of making it's power at the top). My car starts off with a serious jump but the g-forces plateau or taper off as the rpm climbs. With the NSX, it's the opposite: the gs increase as the tach climbs, which, combined with the rising exhaust note and engine sounds, creates an exhilarating sensation of speed and urgency.

I have yet to actually drive one, however, even being on the passenger side, it's apparent that from a thrill-of-the-drive perspective, there might not be a better car in the world (especially considering what is available to the NSX in the aftermarket).

I think Dan has usdm gearing and r/p too! I thought about that and imagine it with the short gears and in dans case the 4.55 final by comptech. :smile:

My car is in Honda Tuning August issue.

HondaT.jpg

I think Dan has usdm gearing and r/p too! I thought about that and imagine it with the short gears and in dans case the 4.55 final by comptech. :smile:

Gah... you're not kidding! :redface: Considering how strong it pulls (and the 40ish extra lb.ft MINIMUM throughout the rev range, I might think he'd be faster (less shifting) with 4.235 out back. But seriously... I was JUST reading about the short gears on the wiki before coming to this thread.

Considering how much difference they make to the feel of a stock NSX, it would be insane. He mentioned to me that he wants to stroke it to 3.2 (not sure why he wouldn't go higher, especially considering what we've seen with the 3.6), and get high comp pistons. It'll be an unbeatable experience so far as I can imagine once he gets those things done.

Gah... you're not kidding! :redface: Considering how strong it pulls (and the 40ish extra lb.ft MINIMUM throughout the rev range, I might think he'd be faster (less shifting) with 4.235 out back. But seriously... I was JUST reading about the short gears on the wiki before coming to this thread.

Considering how much difference they make to the feel of a stock NSX, it would be insane. He mentioned to me that he wants to stroke it to 3.2 (not sure why he wouldn't go higher, especially considering what we've seen with the 3.6), and get high comp pistons. It'll be an unbeatable experience so far as I can imagine once he gets those things done.

I do owe him a ride in my car. I think my motor is exactly what he wants to do. With some minor adjustments probably for the better. If its not to his liking after he sits in my car he can always change its not too late now.

If you don't mind me asking...how much did install, and tuning cost you?

Any word on the airbox. I take it these would never pass emission!?

Congrats Dan! Car is very well put together.

Sorry to jut pop in on this thread. Seems like I missed a really great build. Awesome car and I am completely jealous of your ITBs!

I need to finally put my car in the garage and keep it there until my "build" is done.

Happy Motoring!

Awesome build! Any long term updates on drivability and maintenance ?

Back