• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R GT Cloned With Latest SOS ITB's

Here goes:biggrin:
I've been waiting for 4+ years for this day.
After witnessing in person of how awesome SOS' NSX with ITBs set up at NSXPO in Vegas, I have decided to pull the last string to modify my engine.
All these years, I have came across numerous temptations to Supercharge it or Turbocharge it. But I have held off successfully for the day an NSX with ITBs can simply rolling on the street with OEM like idles.
Thanks to Chris @ SOS for making my dreams come true!
NSXj1.JPG

This is just a start of another mod bug.
For now, I'll just add the ITBs as is without any additional mods.
Without stroking the motor to maximize the ITBs efficiency, I am aware that this mod will not net me much gain over stock. I am doing this purely for sound and throttle response.

Down the line is 3.2 stroke and cams... one step at a time:wink:
Here's what I signed for at the front door today:

itb3.JPG

itb2.JPG

itb1.JPG

In this thread, I will try to provide detail install information so whoever gets this kit next will have a rough idea of what to expect!

To be on the safe side, I have decided to have Tony at UMS tuning from Arizona to tune my ITBs. Since he's the one that tuned Chris SOS' NSX, I can definitely felt comfortable.
I have 1 more box to expect on Friday from SOS to start my R/R this weekend.
LEDs mod I did 2 months ago:
led3.JPG

itb5.JPG

Full specs:

My car is a 94 GPW, 5 sp MT with 70K miles on the clock with:

SOS 48 mm ITBs
Billet fuel rails
Billet fuel fittings
AEM EMS ver. 2
UAGO wideband x2
Fuel press. reg. and fuel pressure gauge
DC headers
Comptech straight pipes
ARC Titanium exhaust
Full NSX-R GT kit
NSX-R headlights w/HID
NSX-R all emblems
NSX-R Seats/powered
NSX-R Steering wheel
NSX-R horn button and ring
NSX-R steering hub
NSX-R instrument cluster bezel
NSX-R suspension
NSX-R coolant tank cover
NSX-R engine bay cover
NSX-R center caps
NSX-R mesh shift boot
Pop Design NSX-R gauges
Pop Design NSX-R carpet with NSX-R plate
Pro-Car NSX-R hood with vanes
Pro-Car NSX-R spoiler
Spoon sideview mirrors (only set in the US on an NSX)
Kite-garage NSX-R hood scoop
Kite-garage radiator panel
Do-Luck front and rear sway bars
One-off Titanium strut bar
RL 4 pot BBK with 2-piece Brembo slotted 12.9 in. front
Championship white powdercoated 02+ wheels
Toyo T1R 255x45x17 and 225x40x17
Suede interior
Blank dry CF center console
Dry CF door switch panels
CF knee bolster
LED tail lights
Type-S knob
Oddessy 850 battery with Dali Racing billet holder
Aluminum fender&1/4panel bolts
JDM front fenders
Lexan hatch
CF ductings
Mugen oil cap
Billet fuse box cover
Dali CAIS
JDM nav pod
AutoVation billet pedals

Last edited:
Simply beautiful! How much power are you producing with the ITBs?

Last edited:
Like you, I was "this" close to pulling the trigger every time primers have CTSC for sell. I am glad you got the ITBs, and like your approach of one step at a time. Cool LEDs.

PS do you mind posting your current mod list here too?

Congrats! And welcome to the club. What are you going to use for filtration? I really think you'll like the ITBs. IMHO, it's the best designed ITB system for the NSX available. Crhistoff, has put a lot of work into it.

To be on the safe side, I have decided to have Tony at UMS tuning from Arizona to tune my ITBs. Since he's the one that tuned Chris SOS' NSX, I can definitely felt comfortable.

I guess you're flying him to you?

Congrats! And welcome to the club. What are you going to use for filtration? I really think you'll like the ITBs. IMHO, it's the best designed ITB system for the NSX available. Crhistoff, has put a lot of work into it.

Yes... have to fly him in:redface:
Filtration will be in the form of booties/mesh.
I have air channel from top hatch scoop and side scoop with carbon ductings.

Dan

Last edited:
I love your engine built a lot... very mean built.

Dan

Nice LED taillights! I waited for mine for over a year and it was never delivered :(

Henry.

Here goes:biggrin:
I've been waiting for 4+ years for this day.
After witnessing in person of how awesome SOS' NSX with ITBs set up at NSXPO in Vegas, I have decided to pull the last string to modify my engine.
All these years, I have came across numerous temptations to Supercharge it or Turbocharge it. But I have held off successfully for the day an NSX with ITBs can simply rolling on the street with OEM like idles.
Thanks to Chris @ SOS for making my dreams come true!
NSXj1.JPG

This is just a start of another mod bug.
For now, I'll just add the ITBs as is without any additional mods.
Down the line is 3.2 stroke and cams... one step at a time:wink:
Here's what I signed for at the front door today:

itb3.JPG

itb2.JPG

itb1.JPG

In this thread, I will try to provide detail install information so whoever gets this kit next will have a rough idea of what to expect!

I have 1 more box to expect on Friday from SOS to start my R/R this weekend.
LEDs mod I did 2 months ago:
led3.JPG

Nice LED taillights! I waited for mine for over a year and it was never delivered :(

Henry.

Hi Henry,
I hope you didn't mean that you waited for ME to deliver your LEDs.
I know you've contacted me once before and had asked me to do a certain design of LEDs that you have in mind. But I don't think it came to a conclusion (nobody's at fault).
Good luck with your search...:)

Dan

Yes... have to fly him in:redface:
Filtration will be in the form of booties/mesh.
I have air channel from top hatch scoop and side scoop with carbon ductings.

Hey, at the very least you know that it's going to be done correctly by the best in the business. So it's worth it.

Re: filtration. I'd keep my eye open prime for filtration options. I think you'll see something in the next month or so that you'll like. ;)

I love your engine built a lot... very mean built.

Thanks!

Awesome car!

Where did you get your rear NSX-R GT panels?

I got the same kit, you can get it from Route KS, beware it requires some work to fit right.

I got the same kit, you can get it from Route KS, beware it requires some work to fit right.

Thanks for your reply. Now I went to their web site but I only see 5 parts on offer...
1. Front bumper
2. Bonnet
3. Rear bumper
4. Wide front fenders
5. GT duct for engine hatch.

Do you know where to get the rear fenders with the larger side ducts?

Thanks!

The side ducts are separate items from the rear fenders. You just have to attach them somehow.
Thanks for your reply. Now I went to their web site but I only see 5 parts on offer...
1. Front bumper
2. Bonnet
3. Rear bumper
4. Wide front fenders
5. GT duct for engine hatch.

Do you know where to get the rear fenders with the larger side ducts?

Thanks!

The side ducts are separate items from the rear fenders. You just have to attach them somehow.

Ahh ok... Do you know where to get these NSX-R GT larger side ducts? I only saw the standard size CF ones on Route KS website??

Thanks for your advice!

Sorry Dan,

Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread on the ITB's... I actually started reading because I'm really very interested in this build as I have wanted to go this route myself with a NA build...

However when I saw the pics of your car I was all excited about the NSX-R GT side ducts! so Dan, PLEASE tell me how you achieved the side ducts on your car! :smile:

And on the ITB build, good luck with it and I'll be watching excitedly to keep up with your progress.

I do believe SOS are developing an air-box suitable for the ITB's?

Back