• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Veilside kit for 1999 NSX in the works

I would say the same ^^^
When I first saw this thread, my first reaction was "Damn, you are in deep sh!t". Sounds like you haven't done your homework correctly.
But best of luck to you though.
FYI, that yellow Veilside with those Advans are $8K set up! IIRC

i am totally on a poor man budget, but who said that u need to have deep pocket to make ur nsx looks hot????

i am planning on putting the m6 knock off rims i can get a set of 4 19x8.5 front and 20x9.5 rears , but i plan on widen the rear rims to 12" , so i can get the whole set up under 2k........... i love the m6 rims looks. i currently have them on my 91 nsx

Attachments

• 63868_107563235972807_100001573932478_61768_5970766_n.jpg
    63868_107563235972807_100001573932478_61768_5970766_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,860
i am totally on a poor man budget, but who said that u need to have deep pocket to make ur nsx looks hot????

i am planning on putting the m6 knock off rims i can get a set of 4 19x8.5 front and 20x9.5 rears , but i plan on widen the rear rims to 12" , so i can get the whole set up under 2k........... i love the m6 rims looks. i currently have them on my 91 nsx

So you are getting everything knock-offs for this build?
Is that Veilside a knock-off too? I am asking in a friendly tone here.:smile:
I know that Veilside kits sold with with genuine Veilside headlights... only knock-off kit doesn't come with one.
But yeah, it takes a lot more than patience to make an NSX look sexy with aftermarket body kits.
You will find out soon enough. But please keep us posted though.

And more....

uploadfromtaptalk1298084985639.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1298085026817.jpg

Celica Headlights on a NSX
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127545

P1050861800x600.jpg

Sorcery NSX
sorcery_nsx.jpg

213.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111903
CIMG4217.jpg

So you are getting everything knock-offs for this build?
Is that Veilside a knock-off too? I am asking in a friendly tone here.:smile:
I know that Veilside kits sold with with genuine Veilside headlights... only knock-off kit doesn't come with one.
But yeah, it takes a lot more than patience to make an NSX look sexy with aftermarket body kits.
You will find out soon enough. But please keep us posted though.

i really dont know if its a knock off to tell u the truth but it said veilside on the body kit..... i paid 5 k for the kit that comes with only the veilside tail lights, dude told me that the headlights has dot and heat issues and were discontinued i bought it from a private party it was still new, i really dont care if its real or fake but i am now curious to know the difference of the real and knock off , n i paid another 5 k for a used comptech super charged :eek:

here is a pix of the body kit that said veilside

Attachments

• P2170085.JPG
    P2170085.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,583
more pix in the next few weeks......... can't wait til my kit is done within a month...:biggrin::biggrin:

just got the lambo doors installed for $500 on both side.............

debating about what color to paint it.....

1st choice formula red (then again everyone has red)

2nd hot pink (that right ! i am dead serious... i might even decal hello kitty stickers for my little girl thats if i can get some sort of sponsor from them)

3 bright orange

like to have feed back on colors please

in fact lets take a vote:rolleyes:

more pix in the next few weeks......... can't wait til my kit is done within a month...:biggrin::biggrin:

just got the lambo doors installed for $500 on both side.............

debating about what color to paint it.....

1st choice formula red (then again everyone has red)

2nd hot pink (that right ! i am dead serious... i might even decal hello kitty stickers for my little girl thats if i can get some sort of sponsor from them)

3 bright orange

like to have feed back on colors please

in fact lets take a vote:rolleyes:

jesus

hey has anyone seen a pink nsx???? not many i would guess

i would bet no one has seen a hot pink knock off veilside kit nsx...... maybe til now :tongue:

look at the pix of the enzo ferrari wow thats hella hot if u asked me............
my 6 year old daughter really wants me to paint the car hot pink and i am really leaning that way. red nsx u see all the time.....

yes i must admit that i am an attention whore on a shoe string budget.....

if i do paint it hot pink, i cant wait to be laugh at that the only issue.... i really got to think this one through.......... being unique and laugh at, reminds me of high school............ but in the end i careless, i am just curious to see how a hot pink veilside looks, i dont know if i will love it or hate it til i paint it, then again i can always repaint the car when tax season comes again next year:tongue:

my decision has to be made within the next 2 weeks.............

right now i am really leaning hot pink.......... anyone had a pix of a hot pink nsx or better yet can someone please photo shop me a hot pink veilside please thank you............

Attachments

• Ferrari_Enzo_pink.jpg
    Ferrari_Enzo_pink.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 413
  • ko81vn.jpg
    ko81vn.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 401
  • pink_lamborghini-4x3.jpg
    pink_lamborghini-4x3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 576
lambo doors? wow...

i mean the lambo kit, how my stock doors open, they swing up now...

its pretty common now.........

about to pick out my roof air scoop this weekend (yes my car is a targa) it will be a functional air scoop for the cabin (need to save money from the a/c since gas is hella high :confused:)

i am trying to figure out how to open and close the air vent like a rally car :smile:.
a ball valve would work but its too bulky ...........

Not hot pink...just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it should...jealous on the $5K for the comptech, nice deal:wink:

The TSW Nurburgring's are similar to the ADV rims pictured above, used rotary forging, so decently light and strong without added cost of forging. Think around $1k (18/19) per set give or take depending on sizes, so maybe $1200 plus for 19/20...just a guess...

Much like the track, the Nurburgring wheel exudes prowess and strength with its sleek spokes. This wheel is engineered using the advanced rotary forging process. “This process forges out the barrel of the wheel at high pressure while the wheel is being spun at high speeds,” says Terence Scheckter, president of TSW Alloy Wheels. “This process greatly enhances the strength of the wheel and reduces the weight. Most importantly, the rotary forging reduces the weight in the most critical part of the wheel- the barrel, and thus improves acceleration and braking.” Increased wheel strength and less weight enables the Nurburgring to have the muscle needed to tame the curves of the Nurburgring track, and everyday roads.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/alloy-wheels/custom-wheels/prweb3910564.htm

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

Just a thought, although widest 20 was 10.5 that I could see...

The TSW Nurburgring's are similar to the ADV rims pictured above, used rotary forging, so decently light and strong without added cost of forging. Think around $1k (18/19) per set give or take depending on sizes, so maybe $1200 plus for 19/20...just a guess...

Much like the track, the Nurburgring wheel exudes prowess and strength with its sleek spokes. This wheel is engineered using the advanced rotary forging process. “This process forges out the barrel of the wheel at high pressure while the wheel is being spun at high speeds,” says Terence Scheckter, president of TSW Alloy Wheels. “This process greatly enhances the strength of the wheel and reduces the weight. Most importantly, the rotary forging reduces the weight in the most critical part of the wheel- the barrel, and thus improves acceleration and braking.” Increased wheel strength and less weight enables the Nurburgring to have the muscle needed to tame the curves of the Nurburgring track, and everyday roads.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/alloy-wheels/custom-wheels/prweb3910564.htm

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

Just a thought, although widest 20 was 10.5 that I could see...

The Nurburgrings are completely flat faced with the same similar design as the ADV minus a beveled edge. When I picked up a 18/19 set it was heavier than the 19/20 ADV's my bro has.

i already got my knock off m6 rims 19x8.5 front 20x9.5 rear for $729 plus i just to the tires for them nexen n3000 245/30/19 front 285/30/20 rear and the rims drilled all for $700 :eek: i just need spacer the off set i have now is +20. the rear i need -17 and the front i need +18

funny thing i got a set of m6 rims on my lexus sc430 and 1991 nsx

i just love the look of the m6 rims.............

now they will be on my veilside too :tongue:

Attachments

• m6rims.jpg
    m6rims.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 331
  • lexusm6.jpg
    lexusm6.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 320
i mean the lambo kit, how my stock doors open, they swing up now...

its pretty common now.........

yes I know how lambo doors work... that was the first thing I pulled off my NSX when I got it. They were played out in 2004 when I had a set on my civic. NSX deserves better than that.

I could deal with the pink paint, but not lambo doors. LOL

..... I want to see this.

W/e you do, please just try not to install that huge Veilside wing ..

Once I did this foir the kids @ SINCITY -I am not sure about the name-

veilside_noncheesy.jpg

yikes:

vn3-1.jpg

Please, try to do something like that on the back and that wing, pleaseeeeeee I can't STAND the VEiliside rear .. the rest I can vomit in my mouth but the back kills me completely.

But regardless, have fun with your project, seems like you are loving it, and that is what matters in the end!

Oscar

Back