• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slight engine vibration

Setting still I can feel vibration in car. Very noticable around 2000 rpm. It just started doing this. Where should I start looking? Don't think it is motor mounts, but...I'm not a motor head. Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks Brian, I gave this a try a couple of times. First try the vibration seemed less and I thought I could do better. Well (lol) it got worse! I think loosening mounts will work if you know what you are doing. Taking it to Hugo (NSXpert) on monday.

Thanks Brian, I gave this a try a couple of times. First try the vibration seemed less and I thought I could do better. Well (lol) it got worse! I think loosening mounts will work if you know what you are doing. Taking it to Hugo (NSXpert) on monday.

I'm curious to see how this will be resolved. Keep us updated.

No on the CEL. Acura Tech (NSX Cert.) centered engine whiched helped. He thinks it may need front motor mount. Neighbor has 05 and his has same vibe. Annoying as hell!

No on the CEL. Acura Tech (NSX Cert.) centered engine whiched helped. He thinks it may need front motor mount. Neighbor has 05 and his has same vibe. Annoying as hell!

I had my 95 for 3 years and never really paid attention to the vibrations after a while. I know that when I first got it, I was like sheesh, this engine is very shakey/rough compared to some other cars and the top squeaked or vibrated on the highway. This was at only 16K miles for the 95!

I bought my 92 and I noticed right off the bat a slight but consistent vibration at idle after warm up when comparing it to my 95. The only difference is my 92 has HKS exhaust but otherwise stock and my 95 was all stock but lowered on springs. I remember the roof squeak disappeared after installing the lowering springs. Perhaps the progressive coils dampen the small vibration more vs the OEM linear ones?

I am going to lower my 92 soon enough and will update if I notice a difference in vibrations. If not, then I will also be trying the engine mount adjustment.

Back