• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remember Bevery Hills Motoring Accessories?

For those of you that are in the 40-55 demographic, no doubt you remember a company out of L.A. called Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. Their ads were in the back of every car magazine (C&D, Motor Trend, AutoWeek) and they sold some of the finest accessories available & were well known for their blue car covers. Unfortunately, about 10 years ago the original owners sold the business to another concern who promptly ran it into the ground and ultimately closed it about 2-3 years ago. However, I just got off the phone with Andy Cohen of Beverly Hills Classic Cars , one of the original owners of BHMA, who advises me the he will reopen the business in 60-90 days and the webpage will be www.bhmotoring.com.

One of the big things that BHMA will be offering will be a custom-fit stretch car cover lined with flannel like the Coverking Satin Stretch car cover for Ferraris. I suspect that these will be made by California Car Cover as their owner, Jim DeFrank, was one of the original BHMA guys. This pic ought to bring back some memories for some of you, particularly the Cali members---
139077d1241896237-beverly-hills-motoring-accessories-dsc05849.jpg

the only thing I remember from Beverly Hills is Tiffani Thiessen drove an NSX

it was an automatic though

tiffani_thiessen_11-1024.jpg

Last edited:
I remember those BHMA ads in Car and Driver.

As far as Ms. Thiessen's NSX goes, perhaps she needs more time practicing with a stick. I humbly offer mine.

I bought my first car cover from them in 1978. Wasn't too far from where I lived so I'd drop by occasionally as well.

I used to order stuff from them a long time ago and wondered what had happened to the company. Then Griot's came along and BHMA was just a memory. I can't wait to see their catalog again.

You know what they say - "Anyone who says they remember the sixties, wasn't really there." :biggrin:

I remember the 60s but I wasn't all there - ummm - uh oh- I know what's coming next and yep - I'm still not all there....hahahahaha - beat you all to it...:biggrin:

As far as the Beverly Hills thing - like Shawn all I remember was the "babe". Back in those days I didn't have the money for accessories - but I had a sports car. No cover - but I did, with help, build an engine in my P1800 Volvo. What a great car that was! Another one that I sort of wish I still had. After all the special work I did on it. Oh well - "love's labor lost".

Glad they're back as I do vaguely remember their ads like so much of the 60s was a memory of vagueness.....but I remember I had lots of fun, well not exactly....:wink: Like StevieRay - fragmented...that's a good word for it.
I like it when old companies come back. I too found Griot's - man was Beverly Hills as expensive - with a name like that how could they be anything but.

Along the same lines as BHM, there was MG Mitten (and those great Dave Deal Drawings) and Villem B. Hahn.

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing. Deal's cartoons were classics and I used to copy them all the time. And I still have a few things laying around here that came from V.B. Hahn. I was in LA right after graduating high school and spent a couple of hours drooling over everything in Hahn's storefront. Saw Hendrix at the Hollywood Bowl on that trip too!

the only thing I remember from Beverly Hills is Tiffani Thiessen drove an NSX

it was an automatic though

tiffani_thiessen_11-1024.jpg

Someone was talking about a car with this picture present in the thread?? OMG..

Kathy Niehaus

I worked for Cover craft, years ago, was very good friends with Andy Cohen, while in college, back
in the 1980's. Great Company.

I remember those BHMA ads in Car and Driver.

As far as Ms. Thiessen's NSX goes, perhaps she needs more time practicing with a stick. I humbly offer mine.

Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories is back!

[FONT=&quot]Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. We really appreciate the long time support that you guys have shown to our company. As many of you may know, Andy Cohen passed away earlier this year, and his son Kevin Cohen has now been running the accessory business for the past few years. You can now order custom leather floor mats, carbon fiber floor mats, and custom car covers at our website: https://beverlyhillsmotoring.com/ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Once again we have so much appreciation for your loyalty, and if any of you have any questions, concerns, or just want to reach out - feel free to contact us at:[/FONT]

[email protected]
[FONT=&quot]or[/FONT]
[email protected][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BHMA Team[/FONT]

For those of you that are in the 40-55 demographic, no doubt you remember a company out of L.A. called Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories. Their ads were in the back of every car magazine (C&D, Motor Trend, AutoWeek) and they sold some of the finest accessories available & were well known for their blue car covers. Unfortunately, about 10 years ago the original owners sold the business to another concern who promptly ran it into the ground and ultimately closed it about 2-3 years ago. However, I just got off the phone with Andy Cohen of Beverly Hills Classic Cars , one of the original owners of BHMA, who advises me the he will reopen the business in 60-90 days and the webpage will be www.bhmotoring.com.

One of the big things that BHMA will be offering will be a custom-fit stretch car cover lined with flannel like the Coverking Satin Stretch car cover for Ferraris. I suspect that these will be made by California Car Cover as their owner, Jim DeFrank, was one of the original BHMA guys. This pic ought to bring back some memories for some of you, particularly the Cali members---
139077d1241896237-beverly-hills-motoring-accessories-dsc05849.jpg

Back