• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY Interior Color Stitching

1. How much thread did you end up using?
2. Did you use the basic thread size?
3. Did you have to remove any panels to do this project or did everything stay in place?

Finally finished doing mine after a ridiculous amount of hours of work and sore fingers. The final results speaks for itself. It was well worth the effort and cost savings than to have everything restitched by a Pro, but I would probably never do it again..LOL.

I used:
  1. A curved leather stitching needle that can be purchased at Michaels.
  2. About 30 feet of red nylon thread - size t135 from ebay.
  3. I removed the dash side vents and center armrest to get to all of the stitches.

End results : OEM NSX Type-S inspired

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

Thanks to Dawk for showing everyone in the first place!

Last edited:
Finally finished doing mine after a ridiculous amount of hours of work and sore fingers. The final results speaks for itself. It was well worth the effort and cost savings than to have everything restitched by a Pro, but I would probably never do it again..LOL.

I used:
  1. A curved leather stitching needle that can be purchased at Michaels.
  2. About 30 feet of red nylon thread - size t135 from ebay.
  3. I removed the dash side vents and center armrest to get to all of the stitches.

Thanks to Dawk for showing everyone in the first place!

Beautiful job. Truly. I would never have thought of doing this, and now it's a "must have" mod.

Now that we've seen the exceptional quality of your work up close, is there any possibility you could give us a wider shot (or two or three) of the completed interior? I wanna see the overall effect :tongue:

Thanks to Dawk for the inspiration, and thank you Advan for confirming what we all suspected - this is a great freakin' idea :biggrin:

Beautiful job. Truly. I would never have thought of doing this, and now it's a "must have" mod.

Now that we've seen the exceptional quality of your work up close, is there any possibility you could give us a wider shot (or two or three) of the completed interior? I wanna see the overall effect :tongue:

Thanks to Dawk for the inspiration, and thank you Advan for confirming what we all suspected - this is a great freakin' idea :biggrin:

Per your request sir..

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

Very nice, thanks for posting, notice you didn't do hand brake or steering wheel was that possible to do to match?

Advans - thanks for the additional pics. Exceptional work. I would submit that, at least according to my taste, your interior (red stitching, alcantra inserts, gauge cluster rings, etc.) is precisely how Honda should have done these cars in the first place. It looks 100% "right" in every respect.

Dawk - thanks again for the inspiration. One of the best DIYs to date :smile:

Afterthought: Advans - is that in fact Alcantra, or is it perforated suede? Whatever it is, it looks phenomenal...

Last edited:
That looks great, but my fingers hurt just thinking about it :biggrin:

Brian

How do you tie it off when you're done? So that it doesn't pull back through?

Afterthought: Advans - is that in fact Alcantra, or is it perforated suede? Whatever it is, it looks phenomenal...
- Thanks, it's suede.

How do you tie it off when you're done? So that it doesn't pull back through?
- A simple knot in the end will do. I didn't bother to as there are so many loops the thread goes through that I highly doubt it will ever pull loose.

I just did mine and it looks amazing !! :eek: It took a while to finish but the end result is absolutely stunning.

To OP, where did you get your shift boot/ebrake cover ? custom made ?
By the way, thanks for the great DIY !!

i just bought pretty much all leather boots/wraps. it was shipped to my doorstep surprisingly fast as well.

ill let you know when i get around to re-doing the interior.

I have long wondered how the topgaiters product looks once installed.

Back