• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY Interior Color Stitching

yup thats the right threading. i have the threading and all the gator boots on my kitchen counter and it matches fine.

im trying to figure out how to post a pic. if i email the pic to someone on this thread perhaps they could quickly post it for me. the pic is terrible the but the quality of the boots is nice

is this the thread?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bonded-Nylon-Se...235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb8fd1403

just want to make sure.
also is it going to match the red from the vender selling console covers and etc?

figured it out!

yup thats the right threading. i have the threading and all the gator boots on my kitchen counter and it matches fine.

im trying to figure out how to post a pic. if i email the pic to someone on this thread perhaps they could quickly post it for me. the pic is terrible the but the quality of the boots is nice

Attachments

• redBlackInteriorStitching.jpg
    redBlackInteriorStitching.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,430
question advans

what kind of

-cluster rings
-shift plate
-seat covers

are those? they look awesome from your photos and that is something i would like to look into myself.

thank you.

Per your request sir..

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

-cluster rings - From Science of Speed
-shift plate - NSX-R from Science of Speed
-seat covers - Custom
- is there a matching momo tuner/corse wheel coming your way? - Yes, I would love to get a 330mm perforated leather wheel with red stitching and matching ebrake one day..

thank you advans

update reminder sir! :redface:

-cluster rings - From Science of Speed
-shift plate - NSX-R from Science of Speed
-seat covers - Custom
- is there a matching momo tuner/corse wheel coming your way? - Yes, I would love to get a 330mm perforated leather wheel with red stitching and matching ebrake one day..

Easiest way to post pics is get photobucket, then just click the link there to copy and paste to prime - too easy.

I started working on this a while back. I'm almost done with it. It looks amazing... much better than I was expecting. I've been saying that it takes 10 years off the age of the interior. Now I just need to find another 10 years and it'll be new again :biggrin:

I'll post up some pics soon too.

I have been working on my car too about an hour or 2 every weekend. Almost done too. Real easy just time consuming. Don't know if I am going to do the seats? Anyone else do there seats?

I want to get the red stiched shift knob and a Zanardi steering wheel to go with this. So far I've only done the double stitched areas.

There are a few other places with a single stitch and I haven't decided if I want to do those or not. I'll probably try the e-brake too.

I also have some perforated grey leather on the way to match my seat inserts. I am going to do the door panel inserts with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8809.jpg
    IMG_8809.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,636
  • IMG_8808.jpg
    IMG_8808.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,649
  • IMG_8810.jpg
    IMG_8810.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,646
Last edited:
I want to get the red stiched shift knob and a Zanardi steering wheel to go with this. So far I've only done the double stitched areas.

There are a few other places with a single stitch and I haven't decided if I want to do those or not. I'll probably try the e-brake too.

I also have some perforated grey leather on the way to match my seat inserts. I am going to do the door panel inserts with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Love your gauge setup very clean. I just don't think I could have the patience to do the red stitching DIY. Looks great though!

Everyone who has done it has done it well!

How long did everyone work on doing the stitching?

I tried a spare e brake and the original thread just broke...

Everyone who has done it has done it well!

How long did everyone work on doing the stitching?

It's really as they say, not hard just time consuming.

Takes about 30-45min to do each row of each side of the dash if that makes sense - so whole dash = 2-3hrs... THIS is why no one can do it all at once!

It's really as they say, not hard just time consuming.

Takes about 30-45min to do each row of each side of the dash if that makes sense - so whole dash = 2-3hrs... THIS is why no one can do it all at once!

I can't speak for everyone else that has done this, but whoever said 8-10 hours for the whole thing was pretty close. I basically only did one row of stitches at a time. Those black threads are hard to see. I took my time trying not to miss any stitches. I'm sure I could've gone faster.

Just told my wife that there is a mod that I need help with. :biggrin:
I told her "everybody's doing it". She said "like who?"
I said "Cozmo, Nukem, Angus, Dawk, and LaRue".
After I said it out loud I realized that I sounded like I was a 10 year old.
Still gonna make her help though...

lol

I added another bit of stitches to the top of the door panels today when I was recovering my door panel inserts.

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8938.jpg

It looks better in person. The camera flash makes the leather look all bumpy.

LoL Funny.

I haven't had time to finish mine up I just have the 2nd row of stitching to do on the door and center console.

I have a question for all the people who have done this mod.

Did you do all the stichting work in situ, that is, with all the panels still attached to the car?
Or did you take out the doorpanels and/or seats to get better access to the stitches.

I have a question for all the people who have done this mod.

Did you do all the stichting work in situ, that is, with all the panels still attached to the car?
Or did you take out the doorpanels and/or seats to get better access to the stitches.

The only thing I took off was the vent part that goes to the doors on the 2 ends of the dash. The others I was able to hide the knots/ends.

Back