• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My headlights won't go down? Please help

baynsac

I went to park my car and I turned the car off and forgot to turn the lights off. But then when I did the light turned off but the headlights wouldnt go down? Can someone tell me how to fix this??? Thanks

Re: MY HEADLIGHTS WONT GO DOWN? pLEASE HELP

I went to park my car and I turned the car off and forgot to turn the lights off. But then when I did the light turned off but the headlights wouldnt go down? Can someone tell me how to fix this??? Thanks

OK - get a baseball bat and smash them down, careful you don't hit he fenders!

Then order '02 update.

Fixed.

hmm...There is a button specific to pop the lights some where around the wheel. good luck!

If they been up for more then 12 hours, are'nt you suposed to call the doctor?:biggrin:

You probably accidentally knocked the button near the cluster, the one used to pop the lights up for cleaning. If you hit it (maybe resetting the trip meter?) then when you go to switch the lights off they wont go down.....

If they been up for more then 12 hours, are'nt you suposed to call the doctor?:biggrin:

LOL good start to the day.

Like Hagasan stated, it could be the button to the left of your steering wheel, located on the cluster next to your headlight adjustment knob. Fiddle around with that first. Hope all goes well :cool:

No problem Wil, When I see your car I will fix yours as well:biggrin:

Too late, I already did mine - your turn now.

Very funny... made my day!

You probably accidentally knocked the button near the cluster, the one used to pop the lights up for cleaning. If you hit it (maybe resetting the trip meter?) then when you go to switch the lights off they wont go down.....

I hope this is IT, I forgot about that button. I will check it out. Thanks

I went out there yesterday morning and the headlights went down on it own? Than last night the headlights wouldn't go down again when i got home and I woke up to it down again today.
Is it electrical problem? Or bad ground or something??ANY Guesses??

Last edited:

My lights will sometimes stay raised, usually after a slghtly unusual sequence of turning lights & car off/on. They drop down by themselves after a few minutes - maybe as long as 10 minutes?

I've not figured out the switch sequence(s) that make it happen, but I think it will happen if I turn lights on when engine is not on... (for example).

I suspect this is normal, but I'm not sure why it does it ... ? but it does add to the "NSX mystique". When it does this and the engine "moans" after turning it off, it's like it has a mind of it's own :smile::smile:

Last edited:

My lights will sometimes stay raised, usually after a slghtly unusual sequence of turning lights & car off/on. They drop down by themselves after a few minutes - maybe as long as 10 minutes?

I've not figured out the switch sequence(s) that make it happen, but I think it will happen if I turn lights on when engine is not on... (for example).

I suspect this is normal, but I'm not sure why it does it ... ? but it does add to the "NSX mystique". When it does this and the engine "moans" after turning it off, it's like it has a mind of it's own :smile::smile:

Yeah after like 20-30 mins after turning it off and letting it be parked there, it
just goes down on it own. :confused:

Yeah I didnt wait around to see either, just come to the car next morning and its down. Wonder what could be causing it??

Did you check the fuse? Could it be a short on the dash switch.

Did you check the fuse? Could it be a short on the dash switch.

If either fuse was bad, the motors wouldn't be able to operate. My best guess is that wire harness that plugs into the headlight retractor switch is making poor connection.

I think this is a feature not a fault, since it probably happens in any [early] NSX.

But I would be interested in ideas as to why Honda designed this "feature".

I think this is a feature not a fault, since it probably happens in any [early] NSX.

But I would be interested in ideas as to why Honda designed this "feature".

In order for you to use the flash to pass you need to have the lights up. That would be my best guess.

Try some dielectric grease on the connections see if that helps. A fuse could be bad and still appear good, especially with sensitive electronic instruments. Not saying that the case, but it can happen.

No, it doesn't. Mine go down normally, i.e. about three seconds after I turn off the headlights or the car.

I think he is talking about the button to keep the headlights up. Mine go down as soon as I shut the car off as well.

Back