• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cant stay stock forever

I figures since I had the time and was waiting on shawn to send the parts lol, I should start my own mini build page. Some specs to start off. LBBP 04 with ctsc and indash touch screen tv. The rest is basically stock. The car checked out good. Jim russel up north was nice enough to look the car over. If you need your car worked on, the guy really knows his stuff. The car had imperfections and thats what I am fixing as we speak. Upon his inspection only thing needed down the road was the cam seal was starting to get a little wet (no big deal) and the front bumper had been repainted (I assume from normal wear and tear as the oem vin is still there). When I got home I did notice the passanger door sill has also been repainted but I only noticed because it has about a half inch of overspray drip. Not sure what that was about but you can't even see it unless you are a perfectionist like me. So I figure piece by piece I will post the status of the car till its up and running again ;).

The day I got her (lincese plate was first thing to go....saddly it did leave a small scratch on the bumper :( )
5568553701_d121416c84.jpg

The stereo is a nice addition since who uses a tape deck anymore..really who??
5568554859_c8a22a5a88.jpg

The best part
5568555057_a7bf199f96.jpg

(can someone confirm the inside of the top of engine bay where targa top mounts is not suppose to be a flat black.....shawn, im telling you this is not oem ;) )

The plastic trim inside the door panel was off and it bugged me so it's getting fixed as well as the window seemed too far off the handle....which I also fixed.
5568554823_d91bee25db.jpg

5580933243_67ec669e13.jpg

Wheels are off and the rear passanger wheel is curb rashed bad so I'm gona fix that then paint them gun metal like my other wheels. Most likely will paint the calibers a gun metal as well since I dont like how they are just sanded to nothing but steel
5580926853_456ec7baeb.jpg

The exhaust is off it and waiting for some parts from shawn as well as the exhaust from mark to put it all together
5581515410_70016cf585.jpg

Otherwise as of now the front shocks are off and the side skirts and lip are off as well. I am switching the front studs, all 10......as one of the owners had spacers I assume and ran longer studs. Problem is they aren't allowing the lugs to spin on freely and I dont want to strip the studs. I was almost there, even grinded off the edge of all 10 new ones then got stuck. Stupid 2 screws on rotors wont come off..........Ramon gave some great advice to use a punch/chizzle but to my luck nothing. He told me he would get them off for me so when I get all but that done and the car can drive I'll be hitting him up. Ramon is a great guy, i know it has been discussed but he is worth any drive. Top knotch guy all around.

More pics to come :)

Last edited:
Nice man. Subscribed for updates!:smile:

"Stupid 2 screws on rotors wont come off..........Ramon gave some great advice to use a punch/chizzle but to my luck nothing."

This my friend will be the best $10 you will ever spend. Impact Driver @ your local auto parts store.

"Stupid 2 screws on rotors wont come off..........Ramon gave some great advice to use a punch/chizzle but to my luck nothing."

This my friend will be the best $10 you will ever spend. Impact Driver @ your local auto parts store.

X2 impact screwdriver is the correct solution. Used it on my RL rotors and one punch and the screw was free

+3 The Impact driver will make life very easy for you! :smile:

Shoot, wish i saw this before lol. I have to see how bad i get the screws. One i might have messed up pretty bad. I know they could be drilled out but as a last resort. Thanks for the advice guys :)

I will get more pics as soon as I get more time. Flikr isn't letting me upload stuff now :(. i have lots of more pics to put up soon. Wheels are painted, bodykit is painted and calipers are done.

Ok, finally an update right. So far the car is almost done.

Here is the mounting location for the few ppls that asked me about what it looks like to mount the side skirts.

5604976203_76ac6bf72c.jpg

The side skirt itself has like 9 mounting tabs I think.

5604976253_40d674098d.jpg

I decided to make some mesh side vents out of I think it was some kind of leaf/gutter blocker for your house lol but it looks just like the oem vents.

5604976225_93b1f8cdab.jpg

The exhaust is now also sitting in my garage waiting to be put on, thanks mark.

5605562076_d78ef214bc.jpg

The wheels are also now finally done. Shawn can tell you that for painting these at my house, they look pretty darn good for $70 bucks for paint and sand paper along with a few days of prep work.

The passenger wheel was curb rashed bad all the way around, the rest of the wheels weren't too bad.

5605562066_6852b4720f.jpg

The wheels drying with the masking tape still on them

5604979565_75b1bc5bac.jpg

The finished product. Just need to put on some tire shiner :) Right now I'm working on finding a way to do the emblems on the wheels without removing them. So far my g/f has carefully taped off the 'A' but when I peeled off the masking tape but some spots peeled off paint so I may try another way of taping them off but she did an awesome job. The one that is done I will probably just brush on the spot that peeled off.

5604979543_cff3c3620b.jpg

Last edited:
The calipers are now down as well. Believe me, I dont have the skill/patience to carefully tape off stuff like she does. It looks like the caliper was professionally removed and painted, it is that good.

5604979655_d8471f5a00.jpg

I though I would see how silver looked on a blue nsx since I already was redoing them, mind as well go a different color than red or gold. As you can see, even the chrome tabs were left unpainted.

5605562090_27c3dc87fa.jpg

I just finished the body pieces and the rear springs tonight. The back is a pita. I wish I had a pic but rather than a 2x4, I just had my g/f bounce on the suspension and I pulled it out. Also, I found it easy to reinstall if you take painter tape and try to get a straight line from the top of the cap to the bottom of the strut, then put a touch of white out on the corners so when the cap comes off then back on, it is easy to line out and the entire assembly can be re-tightened, not having to lower the car and hope it is all straight under there.

5604979695_89efaee9ef.jpg

Lastly, the car as it now sits. All I need is the front springs that I will finish tomorrow morning and the exhaust and door pieces that Shawn sent me back.

5605562166_bf1edf93b1.jpg

Its a color by dupli color ( im sure thats not how its spelled but you know the brand). Its a GM color called light gunmetal metalic. There are really only 2 GM gunmetal colors, and this one is the lighter one. I did a honda gunmetal on my last wheels so thought i would try a slightly lighter color so the rim wasnt as dark as the tire.

Jason,

You were not kidding when you left yesterday that you were going to work on the car. I see the posts from 1:00 am this morning:eek:. Keep up the good work buddy and can't wait to see it on the streets tearing up the rubber with the supercharger:biggrin:.

BTW You are lucky Nicole helps you with the car. Irene only cares that when I buy something for the NSX, that I buy something for her:rolleyes: Thank God she does not know everything I have bought.

Last edited:
Glad to see you in another NSX. It's always cool when your significant other wants to help out. Everything looks like it's coming out good. Keep up the good work.

wow you have really did some work to the car. yikes,

I bet its killing you waiting to drive it again.

you did you get the pride V1 ro the Pride V2 it looks exactly the same as the one on your old car. which will be on mine soon LOL

your stuff should be there tomorrow Fed-ex did I send you the tracking number I cant remember.

great job keep it up

oh what shocks did you get? eibachs again or another brand?

Last edited:
Its a color by dupli color ( im sure thats not how its spelled but you know the brand). Its a GM color called light gunmetal metalic. There are really only 2 GM gunmetal colors, and this one is the lighter one. I did a honda gunmetal on my last wheels so thought i would try a slightly lighter color so the rim wasnt as dark as the tire.

Thanks, def. gonna use that color for my console. What brand did you use for the calipers I need to do mine too lol. Your car is going to look sick w/ the gunmetal wheels.

Thanks guys. And yea shawn its killing me lol. At least you have an nsx to drive. I got the same exhaust as before, the v1 as it has more flow than the v2 so i think it would be more beneficial for the supercharger.

As for the caliper paint, i will have to loom but i got it at pepboys, there was only an option of black, red or silver and everyone does red so i figured silver might look good. I should have it done by this weekend. Got to get alignment done and have ramon get the stupid rotors off but the rest is good.

looks great!! Nice work, keep it up
Must feel great to be back in an NSX... I'm not sure I could survive not being an owner!

Back