• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wiring NRG cruise control buttons

Been trying to figure this out for the last day now. Having trouble getting straight forward instructions that actually work. Have read through a few things and tried them but nothing has worked so far. A little confused what to do with the 4 wires coming from each button too. Heres the links I've used. Has anyone installed these with any luck?

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/article_read.cfm?articleID=731
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/download/pdf_install/steering-hub-installation.pdf

Here is a little diagram that I made up. I made a mistake when I was labeling the (+) and the (-).

The horn button makes a connection with the ground, so change the (+) there to a (-).

Swap the (+) and (-) at the Set and Accel buttons.

Just jumper the 3 pin connector if you don't want to fuse it.

Brad

Attachments

• NSX Cruise Control.PDF
    50.3 KB · Views: 352
I know I'm bringing this thread back up from the dead, but I too am crossing this bridge on my own steering wheel install with cruise controls.

I love the diagram you drew, it definitely makes sense as drawn (with your already mentioned corrections on pos and neg), but if used while comparing to the dali instructions the OP linked to and other diy's (like synth19s) it appears the pin numbering on your schematic is backwards from other instructions that pin out this harness differently. Basically as your diagram is drawn in your schematic the pin numbering should be 4, 3, 2 [gap] 1 when compared to other documents like this one:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/download/pdf_install/steering-hub-installation.pdf

Once I renumbered your diagram this way it made way more sense to me. I initially thought that you had created an alternate way to wire this setup together and was confused for hours until I made this realization... I figured I should share this with others who might be attacking this same problem in the future.

please correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I took away from your picture when comparing it to other instructions and diy's I've seen on similar topics. your picture was definitely very useful when it came to tackling this project. My advice to all others would be just to identify where that gap is between the pins on the four pin harness and compare numbering schemes before wiring everything up.

Here is a little diagram that I made up. I made a mistake when I was labeling the (+) and the (-).

The horn button makes a connection with the ground, so change the (+) there to a (-).

Swap the (+) and (-) at the Set and Accel buttons.

Just jumper the 3 pin connector if you don't want to fuse it.

Brad

Re-numbering the pins in the 4 pin connector is OK if that helps to understand the diagram.

It has been so long since I did my steering wheel and cruise control wiring I would have to disassemble my steering hub to verify that my drawing is correct. As I look at my drawing I see a problem at the horn button. My drawing would indicate a short to ground, not a ground completion. A horn button ONLY completes the GROUND in the circuit to make the horn work. Using a common ground for the Horn and both Cruise buttons is OK. (as the diagram shows)

So, to correct my diagram remove the ground symbol, at the horn button. Then draw in the single wire w/connector that was connected to the OEM horn buttons.
(The ground symbol that I used is a down arrow with four horizontal dashes that decrease in length going down.)

That should make more sense, electrically, than my current diagram.

Thanks for bring this to my attention.
Brad

Last edited:
Re-numbering the pins in the 4 pin connector is OK if that helps to understand the diagram.

It has been so long since I did my steering wheel and cruise control wiring I would have to disassemble my steering hub to verify that my drawing is correct. As I look at my drawing I see a problem at the horn button. My drawing would indicate a short to ground, not a ground completion. A horn button ONLY completes the GROUND in the circuit to make the horn work. Using a common ground for the Horn and both Cruise buttons is OK. (as the diagram shows)

I did notice that as well, but it seems like you did actually address that for the most part by making suggestions to swap certain points labeled positives with negatives etc. I understand forgetting the details of old projects. I too have done some custom wiring multiple times in my car and even going back into it sometimes, I've forgotten what wire was placed where it was, and for what reason.

Perhaps once I'm done with my setup with the cruise control I can also include an updated diagram. It was just difficult to wrap my head around all the different pieces of instructions from multiple documents and points of reference, and i think consolidating one into one DIY wiring diagram would help others in the future. I just wanted to thank you for your electrical diagram because it definitely helped other instructions become clearer in certain areas not too well described.

-Dan

Hi Dan, I know this is a long shot as this post is very old but Im trying to do the same to my NSX. Have you managed to get an updated diagram or know of any links with the updated diagrams wiring up aftermarket cruise control buttons? Thanks!

Back