• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Setup for my NSX coupe

I am doing a few mods to my NSX. I currently have installed 17/18 Advan rims that I got from a fellow prime member. A shark antenna(old photo). Pride V2 quad exhaust. A Uni air filter and the bottom type r chassis bar installed.
Parts that I have but are not installed but will be soon are the top type r chassis bar. A carbing rear strut bar. A engine torque damper. Eibach lowering springs, and koni dampers.
I also wanted to get a front strut bar but if I'm gonna lose one of the wipers, I don't want it and I think they are way to expensive. I wanna have get all these parts installed soon. The only other part I am thinking about getting is a type R sway bar
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...roducts/NSX/Honda/stabilizer_bars/default.asp
What do you guys think of this set up?
Here is a picture of my car as of now minus the shark antenna because this is a old photo.
lamboandHerbie108.jpg

Thanks. I don't have any plans to touch the body because I like the clean original lines. Maybe a type-R wing down the road, but for now I gotta save some money so I can pay my credit card and get it all installed:biggrin:
I want a Taitec front bar so I can keep both my wipers and put the plastic cover back on, but its a little out of my price range:frown:

Thanks. I don't have any plans to touch the body because I like the clean original lines.

Good man. :)

Your NSX is TIGHT, I don't think you need to do much more to it than what you already have listed. Join NSXCA and start driving the car. The NE Region folks are awesome and you've got the River Run, NSX Stock and NSXPO all coming up this summer.

Yeah I think I'm gonna do one more order for my NSX and get the front type R sway bar and forget about the front strut bar. The front strut bar is just way to pricey and I don't wanna lose anything like the wipers and I wonder if it is really worth it down the road. Also call me crazy but I want one of those type R coolant covers. I know I could paint my original coolant tank, but it would be nice take it off when I want and have it when I want. It just makes the engine bay look so much better. So I'll be placing an order for these items at SOS soon when I save some money and when I have everything installed, I'll post some nice pictures of the car and wheels also:biggrin:

You'd never miss the passenger side wiper if you had the STMPO FSTB. I drive my car in the rain all the time and it doesn't bug me at all. Anybody riding with you in the car however is a different story since it is their part of the window that is covered with water.

I just bought a type r front sway bar and the type r coolant cover from SOS. These and all my other parts will be installed very soon. After all this is installed and hopefully I'll be happy with the setup, I'll be finished with my NSX for mods and save money for other things. Except for one more thing. Right now my brakes are good and will continue using them untill they need changing and when they do, I will get this set on ebay for performance rotors and pads. They will look awesome and should help brakeing performance as well:biggrin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRON...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:
Ben at Daisy auto took care of my NSX and did a amazing job. Car runs and drives like a dream. All my parts were installed except for the engine torque damper because it does not fit along with the carbing rear strut bar. Oh well I'm really happy with the car:biggrin: Here are some pics of the car now. I also added a downforce rear tag bezel.
013-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

014-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

very nice, im curious to hear some feedback on the engine torque damper. Looks like a good and decently priced mod but are there any negative side affects? Long term?

Lookin nice! Those T5's are one of the few aftermarket wheels that look good/correct on a NSX and don't make it look like a neighborhood crack dealer car. :)

Very nice set up on the wheels. I can't wait for my T5s to come in :)

Very nice! I have GOT to get my roof painted red.

I have some billet racing pedals in my trunk that I will install soon and and I'm gonna order some stainless steel brake lines from SOS. The only other thing I would like for my car is an 02 rear valence if I can get a good price on one.

Back