• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which brake pads produce less dust?

I'm new to this community, just bought a 92 NSX (GPW) w/ black inner and white lip(powder coated. Wanted to know what the forum recommends as far as which brake pads produce the least amount of dust!!!

Re: Which brake pads produce less dust???

The axxis pads I seem to remember were pretty low dust but then again they didnt really offer the stopping power I wanted now I have the cobalt racing pads and they dust and squeal but they stop much better

Race pads grip more when hot... for street driving they are just a PITA. I drive down the street and come back and my wheels are black. And they squeal. The constant cleaning is really getting to me. I don't recommend them for street use. I track my car so I didn't want to swap all the time but I think I have no choice.

I'm putting the OEM pads in for a while.

Project Mu street pads dust in a greyish color and under if used hard. Accepable stoppion power. More stopping power than these = much more dust.

brake pads and dust is why i wash my wheels almost daily, especially on my wifes bmw....german cars the worst with brake dust...i recently tried a product by eagle one "clean wheel"...it is a coating that lasts up two weeks and repels all debris off the wheel...so far soo good and safe for all wheels...just make sure the rim is COMPLETELY dry and just spray on and let dry for 15 min...all done...about 5 minutes after i apply i come back and wipe the drip residue off the tire as gravity takes down the sidewall of tire...that can leave a white residue on the black tire....up here in new york with all rain and debris on the street my wifes rims look clean as the rest of the car shows signs of dirt from rain and elements...just my two cents for what it is worth....MY acura never sees rain so can only attest to how this stuff works on the german front wheels..

Centric 105 or 106 series pads in combination with any type of slotted or drilled rotor has been a significant improvement on all of my cars over the stock setup for aggressive street use. Add stainless braided lines for improved pedal feel and no more *squish* (http://www.techna-fit.com/acura.html). I've found these pads to be superior to just about any other street type pad I've used for great performance, no noise and low dust.

Tom

Last edited:
Add stainless braided lines for improved pedal feel and no more *squish*
I've been using the stock brake lines for twenty years and they never, ever felt squishy. (I replaced them recently with new stock brake lines, which are working fine.)

I have Project Mu Type NS pads and they are superb. Low dust, low noise, much better initial bite than stock and no fade even on aggressive mountain driving.

I've been using the stock brake lines for twenty years and they never, ever felt squishy. (I replaced them recently with new stock brake lines, which are working fine.)

What I was referring to was the give at the bottom of the pedal that is not present when using SS lines because there is no rubber to expand under pressure. The stock lines work just fine, but if you drove a car with SS lines I bet you'd notice a difference.

Tom

I recently went from stock pads to Project Mu pads. They stop MUCH BETTER with stock rotors and I see about the same dusting as stock pads which in my opinion is very low. Since these pads come from Japan, better hurry and order fast. I ordered the type NS.

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/en/products/index.html

Distributor list
http://www.project-mu.co.jp/en/dealer_usa-canada.html

I've been really happy with the Spec-B PMU pads forth street.

Back