• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Car is looking great! Definitely one of my favorites on here.

What were your final alignment specs with the Cedar Ridge bushings + toe links? With my current drop, my rear camber is -3.7 degrees and I'm concerned I'm gonna burn through a set of rear tires every season.

Car is looking great! Definitely one of my favorites on here.

What were your final alignment specs with the Cedar Ridge bushings + toe links? With my current drop, my rear camber is -3.7 degrees and I'm concerned I'm gonna burn through a set of rear tires every season.

Hey man I appreciate the love!!

I ended up with -3.6 degrees camber in the rear. I am overall very happy with how everything turned out. Before I was at like -4.7, keep in mind I am pretty damn low. I think as long as our toe is properly set we should be okay. I dont daily otherwise I would be a bit more concerned.

Little update on my car:

Drove it up to San Jose last weekend for Wekfest car show at the San Jose convention center. I am very very happy it drove up with zero issues, not that I ever had any doubt but I had never driven it that far for long periods of time. Took the 101 scenic route there and back with 5 other cars, it was an awesome trip to say the least. My luggage in addition to my passenger's fit nice in the trunk, the nsx is quite a comfortable car to be in for 6+ hours on the road, would definitely do it again!!

19809880635_4668a3bd1c_c.jpg

19809879795_ca4700783f_c.jpg

Then after the show we found a community college around the corner for an impromptu shoot.

102unnc.jpg

2qiqx6b.jpg

dcym8j.jpg

29xyc1u.jpg

For crying out loud it's a Honda, I know how you feel though I drove mine from San Luis Obispo to Phoenix and it was so comfortable I couldn't believe it and I just purred all the way to Phoenix at 85 miles plus you have a great looking car MexiRicer....

For crying out loud it's a Honda, I know how you feel though I drove mine from San Luis Obispo to Phoenix and it was so comfortable I couldn't believe it and I just purred all the way to Phoenix at 85 miles plus you have a great looking car MexiRicer....

I do agree with the Honda part!!! However, I have had my car on a flatbed three times. First time was due to piece of shit SOS sport clutch failure in early 2012. Second time, my ignition switch failed on me heading home from one of our local drives up to Lake Arrowhead back in late 2012 (I was 1.5 hrs away from home). Last time was in early 2013 due to previous owner mickey mouse wiring job. The shop that removed the CTSC that was previously on it did a half ass job. They bypassed the fuel pump resistor with straight wire. I have since replaced it with an oem fuel pump resistor and the car has been running as it should ever since. Point is, in my personal experience I have had little gremlins crawling around my car for some time but I feel as though they are almost, if not, completely gone at this point and it feels damn good! :D Thank you for the compliments my friend :)

So awesome to read you're having many miles of fun in your NSX.

Thanks Regan!!! My cup kit is working flawlessly btw- I dont know how I ever drove around without it prior to install! Thank you so much once again.

Little update on my car:

Drove it up to San Jose last weekend for Wekfest car show at the San Jose convention center. I am very very happy it drove up with zero issues, not that I ever had any doubt but I had never driven it that far for long periods of time. Took the 101 scenic route there and back with 5 other cars, it was an awesome trip to say the least. My luggage in addition to my passenger's fit nice in the trunk, the nsx is quite a comfortable car to be in for 6+ hours on the road, would definitely do it again!!

Then after the show we found a community college around the corner for an impromptu shoot.

102unnc.jpg
So whatevers about your car... onto the important topic... When you said SUP BABE did she answer? Or maybe when you threw oranges her way, she replied?

Love the simplicity look of your car and the attention to details. I bet u crinch everytime u hit a bump or pot hole? Lol

Thanks man! I knew your username sounded familiar, you were one of the first to comment on this thread! :) I would cringe from 2012-2014, I now have a cup kit up front... NSXability is at 100% now :D if you go a few posts back I have a video of my set up. Thank you for the kind words.

Hey, you suck.. you replaced the cute girl with a picture of a 911. :)

:) :) :)

simple clean lines, love it

Thanks scammy!! Sometimes less is more.

Well well well. If it isn't my idol. Looking great as always!

Haha, whats up bro! Didn't know your handle on prime til now. Thanks! I need to catch up to your meaty rear tire fitment ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It has now been about 2 weeks since Wekfest in San Jose and there have since been a few pictures of my car that have popped up!

stancena1_zpsdjsl7wt9.jpg

Pretty cool shot taken by momohitsthespot.com

2yy3teb.jpg

Here is a random shot I found on instagram, photographer's name is Alfred.

otofpd.jpg

After the show, there were crowds of people all along the sidewalks taking pictures of all the cars rolling out and asking us to rev- I felt like even more of a ricer. Photo by Minh Nguyen.

aetv6h.jpg

We drove home the following day and ended our journey with a scenic dinner at Neptunes Net in Malibu.

Ah to live the life of MexiRicer.......

You should be envious!! Lots of Mexican rice, about 7 bowls a week :D

- - - Updated - - -

Little arm rest project I've had in the works for some time now...

OEM Type-S (same part number as R) arm rest cover. This was so basic, but I made it harder on myself than it should have been. Basically all that is needed for this to work is removal of the hinges and under tray of the USDM 91-92 (LHD) arm rest itself and swap it with the tray on the Type-S (which is designed for RHD). I ended up purchasing a 91-92 RHD arm rest thinking I would need it, but nope. I then purchased a USDM 91-92 (LHD) arm rest, swapped the tray and flip flopped the hinges and magnet, and bam.. done.

11059587_714300278696588_7762994742634380098_n.jpg

11745411_714300302029919_398789580995468364_n.jpg

11059587_714300285363254_7797256450826363914_n.jpg

11028371_714300255363257_8619097980048225555_n.jpg

11760323_714300262029923_7625821168975161241_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I have not checked this thread in a while and you have done even more to the car. I had to flip back a few pages to see the better shots of the switches which turned out great. Keep up the good work!

Back