• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Wow, I have not checked this thread in a while and you have done even more to the car. I had to flip back a few pages to see the better shots of the switches which turned out great. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Aaron!! I definitely had my plate full with several different projects going on at once. Very happy how everything is turning out so far :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a couple days ago I attended the monthly South Coast Acura meet in So Cal. Hadn't been to one in what felt like forever. It was good to meet a few new faces and catch up with old friends.

Here are some photos taken by @skafia

20175617499_4bc42942e8_c.jpg

20369234571_352c99c06c_c.jpg

20337079576_3102142c52_c.jpg

20363339635_83efcfa1a7_c.jpg

20354841202_2c78e81a05_c.jpg

Awesome shot of my interior. Thx again Ngoan @skafia

19740868874_d90d063384_c.jpg

Loving Aaron's new 16/17 Advan RG1 set up @c30vtec

20355044872_3497c9e39d_c.jpg

Tony Nguyen's 15th NSX sitting pretty on Champ White ce28n. He will likely sell this next week.

20175559538_d6fcf6595e_c.jpg

Met Henry on this day, owner of this beautiful Silver-stone.

20369729011_4bb65f2a04_c.jpg

Got to meet @skafia and his newest Imola Pearl pick up. Flawless.

20175612958_0081f56d61_c.jpg

Les @LMR the Godfather himself. Looking vicious.

20176265970_d79d81e657_c.jpg

Neat group shot. Had the pleasure of catching up w/ JC @Valhalla ever since his accident a few months ago. This dude wastes ZERO time. He went to town on his latest NSX purchase right when it touched Cali soil, talk about dedication. Can't wait for NSXPO :D

Last edited:
Thanks man!!

Thanks Stephen. Let me know if you need any help and I will gladly virtually assist you, lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to post an update since my Cedar Ridge rear beam bushings + rigid toe links install...

I had my alignment done yesterday morning. My toe was REALLY off (obviously) so thankfully I made it to the shop without wearing down my tires too badly. I drove it home and HOLY HELL what a difference. I had been reading up on these parts for quite some time and read about all the rave but couldn't justify the cost. Finally, I said screw it and did it. My only regret is not doing this sooner. The car really just comes to life. I was worried about bad vibration or uncomfortable ride quality. I am on KWv3 and the SLIGHT compromise in ride quality is completely worth it. In fact, the added "harshness" is part of what makes this mod totally worth it. Driving and taking corners, the car feels like it is attached to a rail. This is something I had not experienced before as with the stock components there is room for flex. Driving enjoyment was always 100% but now it is just a different world of enjoyment. I now know what people were talking about when mentioning that these mods add rigidity and a more solid feel to the suspension components. As I drove home all I could think was, "Ohhhhh, now I get it :D." I ended up driving out to Chino Hills meet up with a few friends last night too, any excuse to take the car out and DRIVE!!! Huge thanks to Jawn Naya for the installation and Titaniumdave for producing these essential components for our cars.

15z1qib.jpg
After the KW V3 install I am thinking of buying the Cedar Ridge pieces to help the -2.8 chamber in the rear. How much did it help your car? Thanks!

After the KW V3 install I am thinking of buying the Cedar Ridge pieces to help the -2.8 chamber in the rear. How much did it help your car? Thanks!

It increased my camber about 1.1 degrees!! I was at around 4.7 and got it down to 3.6. Keep in mind I am ridiculously low, but good thing is that even at my ridiculous height the cedar ridge kit stuck true to it's estimated 1- 1.2 degrees of correction :D Not only did it increase my camber but the rear end feels so much more solid in comparison to stock.

Such a transformation since you purchased. Subtle changes make a big difference. Looks like you doing are this all for your selfish pleasure as most people won't be seeing the details in the work. How dare you. Sure looks like how I would do things if I had one to play with. Wait a minute, I AM your bad influence...haha.

Wow great pics! Love seeing diff color nsx's in one shot, you guys are looking good.

Thx man!! Nsxprime needs more pic of you and your brothers car side by side!! :)

Such a transformation since you purchased. Subtle changes make a big difference. Looks like you doing are this all for your selfish pleasure as most people won't be seeing the details in the work. How dare you. Sure looks like how I would do things if I had one to play with. Wait a minute, I AM your bad influence...haha.

Haha, that is true... Sometimes simplicity is the greatest form of sophistication, eh? :tongue: Thank you for all of your help over the years, or was it simply for your own secret agenda watching me build an nsx to very similar specs you would have chose yourself :D

Out with the old

12046681_744042675722348_747814638313884541_n.jpg

In with the new

11053573_744042689055680_2516113807495007325_n.jpg

I had posted a WTB: STMPO rstb. Mike Phan in Dallas TX hit me up with his version which uses same material as stmpo (chromoly). The diameter of the bar is as thick as can be without having to make cut outs for the vacuum lines (they bend down a tad as the bar is being mounted) or the corner of the manifold cover, it BARELY clears, but it does clear just fine. I dont track or do any hardcore driving so I probably wont take full advantage the added rigidity, but I am happy and it looks awesome.

Heres an epic shot taken as I was leaving a car show a few weekends ago

StanceNation-Showoff-Nisei-Edition-298.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what an unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience we had at NSXPO 2015. So awesome to meet many new people and put usernames to faces. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the weekend.

22164632621_3d7d19f678_b.jpg

Photo by @jcbadcura editing by @Teej

3X5A5760-L.jpg

Photo by @RSO 34

12105900_10153169020280382_6651476152156835032_n.jpg

Photo by [MENTION=4132]FuryNSX[/MENTION]

Last edited:
it ruins me seeing your car... I hate myself for selling my car everytime your car comes up on my IG feed. Trade for Cayman S? LOL

@ Danio I knew it! lol! You are always welcome back :)

Mexi's ride lands on one of my top NSX list. Slightly modded and simple.

Last edited:
That Type S steering wheel is beautiful.

Great to meet you MexiRicer @ NSXPO 2015, you car is stunning in person.

It was great meeting you MexiRicer at NSXPO 2015. The car is nice but the owner is sexier in person:biggrin:

it ruins me seeing your car... I hate myself for selling my car everytime your car comes up on my IG feed. Trade for Cayman S? LOL

No need to hate yourself lol. Your NSX was pretty ridiculous, my favorite set up was when you had the white mf10 on it.. Jesus Christ!!! :eek:

@ Danio I knew it! lol! You are always welcome back :)

Mexi's ride lands on one of my top NSX list. Slightly modded and simple.

Yes he is always welcomed back and if he ever did come back lord knows what tricks he has up his sleeve for next build :D Thx for the kind words my friend! Hope to meet you at a meet sometime here very soon.

Great pics in here! And good to meet you at NSXPO.

Same here Tyson!! Glad we were able to lead the packs on a successful canyon drive :)

That Type S steering wheel is beautiful.

I agree!! Thank you :)

Great to meet you MexiRicer @ NSXPO 2015, you car is stunning in person.

Great meeting you as well! Cant wait to hear where NSXPO 2016 will be at. I have hopes and dreams it will be in Austin Texas or something. That way we can set up a ginormous caravan, that would be awesome.

It was great meeting you MexiRicer at NSXPO 2015. The car is nice but the owner is sexier in person:biggrin:

Wow, so difficult to fathom and put into words just how grateful yet unworthy I feel, finally having had the luxury of meeting the Mugen mf10 x Spoon caliper x GPW x amazing hair aesthetics legend. Maybe next time we will spend more time together. You can teach me step by step your hair styling ways and the hair products you use.

Last edited:
Where's the updates?

Oh man... Been meaning to post updates on here!! Didn't want to post until everything was finished but oh well here it goes....

So a few months ago in November, with the help of my good friend Louis, I ripped out most of my interior in preparation for a complete overhaul consisting of:

Pioneer AVH4100NEX
Pioneer 5.25" coaxial speakers (doors)
Pioneer 3.5" coaxial speakers (sub box + center speaker)
Center console refinish + rework (OEM style gunmetal; previously carbon hydro-dipped)
A/C vent garnish refinish + rework (OEM style gunmetal; previously carbon hydro-dipped)
Window switch panels refinish + rework (OEM style gunmetal; previously carbon hydro-dipped)
Pinch weld covers refinish (OEM style black; previously carbon hydro-dipped)

Thank you Chris @cwood1388 for taking on the interior refinishing project even though it turned out to be a hell of a lot more work than anticipated. Fucking bondo all over the damn place, I really really appreciate it bro and hope to have the parts here real soon but like I have stressed from the beginning, take your damn time and get it right :)

My car's current electronics consist of the following and was installed back in the highly evolved tech days of 2005 (previous owner):

Everything being pulled:
- Eclipse double din w/ navigation + XM radio module (both antennas routed through b-pillars and mounted on hatch glass)
- MB Quart component speakers w/ tweeters drilled into the door panels; DRILLED INTO THE DOOR PANELS! :eek::frown:
- Footwell sub enclosure (installer ruined some of the oem plastic covers and missing misc oem pieces)
- Atrocious 5-channel amp in trunk (wiring being ripped out)
- MB Quart cross overs mounted INCORRECTLY in trunk (more wiring being ripped out, found a screw drilled right through speaker wire, that explains why I had been having audio system malfunctions and no audio for the past 4 years)
- K40 radar detector- malfunctioning (brain installed under dash, switches drilled into stock arm rest, front and rear scanners mounted underneath both bumpers, LED indicator lights drilled into tachometer; more wiring being pulled)
- Back-up rechargeable battery for alarm system; completely dead, being pulled.

Keeping:
- Viper 650XV alarm system
- DEI 530 window/lock module

In doing all of this, I found my car's wiring to be a COMPLETE disaster. I did not realize how much junk was hiding under the carpet and in crevices. I had been putting this project off since 2012 when my radio took a complete dump. I was having so much fun doing other mods plus all the work I knew it was going to take- I really didn't care too much for the audio modifications, but it is now time. HUGE thank you to my beloved so cal nsx community that helped me find misc parts and a few guys out of state on the facebook groups.

I will update this post with pictures documenting progress, in the meantime here is a shot of rice cookers that came packaged very nicely. Shout out to Christian @doh! for sourcing my fronts!

12744186_813065738820041_5687190386582556506_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back