• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Also decided to install some HIDs!

Picked up a McColluch kit in 6000k

Also ordered an LED interior and exterior kit from jdm_monkey, looks great! Still waiting for him to send me the resistors though to prevent the annoying hyper blink.. Bro if you're reading this, please send them out asap! Thanks :)

Once again, got together with AdvansCPAP to combine that Mexi and Viet power...

Testfitting the ballasts and making sure we wired everything up correctly! As you can see, we tapped into the stock harness and used the ground wire as well as power to the lo beam.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Our very intricate work station... Had a blast drilling holes through the dust caps X___x

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Everything is wired up and ready to be plugged back in.. Here is the result...

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I'm not happy at all with the 6000k bulbs... 5000k are on their way :)

I'm glad you're happy with the LED conversion. The LED park lights looks as bright as the HIDs! LOL :)

haha..i had no idea u were snapping pics while doing the install...i like the washer/dryer/ workbench..ghetto style for sure

Lol thats how we do ;)

Looking good!!

Thank you sir!

I'm glad you're happy with the LED conversion. The LED park lights looks as bright as the HIDs! LOL :)

Lol they really are! Your parking light is a nice white tho and the HID is more bluish. Which is why I'm swapping them out with 5000k bulbs :)

Nice. So when you comming down to show me in person ;)

Kayyyyyyy dubz are in!!! :D Will post pix of install as soon as that happens..

In other news... My buddy Louis (AdvansCPAP) hooked it up with a JDM third brake light!! I think he might still have one more JDM third brake light for sale..

thirdbrake.jpg

Also, ill be picking up an OEM 02+ rear valence on thursday from my buddy Tony the tiger (http://thenaritadogfight.com/2010/12/19/feature-anthonys-downforce-nsx/)

Cant wait :D

Last edited:
Aaron buddy you know it... Come through on sunday and call off of work!! :D

Thanks for the positive feedback guys..

2cr54y8.jpg

OEM Rear V is in, so now I await a call from Sean @Downforce to paint this bad boy Cant wait. Should look sickkkkk

Oh yeah and I'm now waiting for Jason (SuperSonic) to get off his lard ass and remove his Pride V1 so that I can pick it up!!

Ap-X resonated test pipes will be coupling this exhaust. Wil buddy, when are they shipping out!????? @_____@

Last edited:
It's going to sound really good with the Pride and test pipes. :biggrin: I remember hearing his car after a meet a while back - loved it.

What better way to spend the first day of 2012 with two grease monkeys, a set of KW's, some tools and my 4x4 glamis-ready NSX....

2v2zfaw.jpg

threensx.jpg

Cant thank AdvansCPAP and c30vtec enough for heading out and assisting me in the damper kit install. It was quite a sunday funday =]

In the picture above, the fronts are installed but still looking like its at stock height. Solution?

lowered.jpg

Lowered the perch down a smidge :redface:

The fronts were a PITA, so after those were dialed in we headed out for some well-deserved grub.

deenys.jpg

Time for the rears! You can see one of LMR's NSX posters he "accidentally" made on chillin on the wall =]

leslmr.jpg

So now the rears are in. Here is the outcome.

frontpass.jpg

frontdriver.jpg

passshot.jpg

reardriver.jpg

Gunna drive her around this week so that eveything settles in nicely. Then I'll be raising the rear a bit and get an alignment :D Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the angle of the pics, but it looks like there's no rake to the stance like it should be. Rears must go up a bit to have the right stance. Got a good side pic?

Not sure if it's the angle of the pics, but it looks like there's no rake to the stance like it should be. Rears must go up a bit to have the right stance. Got a good side pic?

Rake to the stance? I Havn't taken any side pix yet. Should I add 15mm spacers in the rear? I have some laying around.

LOL..my mistake. I meant to say, rake = front should be slightly lower than the rear. Put the spacer in one wheel to see how you like the way it looks. Get everything to the way you want it to look before the alignment.

Last edited:
Wow! That is slammed! How is the ride? Looks good, I think the rear might be too low--or it could just be the picture. More pics please.

reardriver.jpg

Slamage! Add those spacers, raise the rear a tad bit, align the ride and post some moooaarr pics!

Picked up some more goodies!!!

First, we have here a Pride V1 off of my buddy Jason's LBBP aka El SuperSonic that he will no longer be needing since he is going the turbo route (vrooompshhh)

1zmzalu.jpg

Second, we have here some Ap-X resonated test pipes that will be coupled with the Pride V1. I hope their relationship is one that is fruitful and everlasting.

4kwo6o.jpg

I should be picking up the freshly painted oem rear valence from Sean anytime now. This sunday is the install party, cant wait!! Lets get them bolts poppin!!

Did some work last Sunday!

Finally got the oem valence painted.. Out with old in with the new!!

IMG_1026.jpg

After bolting up the new valence the first time, we noticed it wasnt aligned that good against the rear bumper. I unbolted the entire thing and went to work, got it to sit nice and pretty, no wavey business going on.

IMG_1028.jpg

So meanwhile I did that, I found some asian unbolting the old exhaust

IMG_1025.jpg

Out with the old in with the new!!!

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Thanks AdvansCPAP, ya da mayne.. He bolted this sucker up.

IMG_1035.jpg

o2 bungs BARELY cleared the comptech sway bar... Whew! Lol..

Thats it for now.. I'll post shots of the rear as soon as I take some!

Cars looking real good buddy. Looks like you'll be joining me in rehab soon, mod rehab that is:tongue:

Back