• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's 97 MCB

Hello guys.. Had to make this thread cuz B@Tmobile cannot have all the glory :D I bought the car with 89k miles and plenty of upgrades. Stock suspension for now. All these pix were taken at Eibach last month

2dbjy2w.jpg

2gt95ah.jpg

2lco3rq.jpg

29p9cle.jpg

4jun2u.jpg

2jcj143.jpg

what susp will you end up going with

sick whip indeed, great color:biggrin:

I would just drop her on some bilstiens and leave the wheels on it. Those wheels look very good on that color. Probably the prettiest blue I've seen. How many were that blue? Agree with socold, nice car.:wink:

I'll be going full coilovers on this bad boy for sure... Stuck between KW and JIC Magic

In 1997.. there were only 15 NSX-T 6spd MCB/Onyx
from 1997-1999 there were 33 NSX-T MCB/Onyx

Nice 4x4 Robert!..i like the lugnuts :smile:

Recommend the KW3 which are on 98 MC Blue. I also put in the Umbrella Design front lift which I can recommend but KW now makes their own lift system. A lift will definitely help save the front lift and if you go all 4 wheels, can help with those mountains they call speed bumps. Scraped my Stacys skirts at XPO last year.

^^ Veryyyy nice you also have a MCB NSX ;D

Still doing research on which coilover kit i want to go with. That lift kit by umbrella design is very nifty but I doubt I would invest in it..

Cannot wait to see these RPF1's w/no fender to tire gap =]]

Lookin good fellow MCB brothers! We should start a registry :D

Hey guys... Thank you for all the positive feedbck.. It has been a while since I've posted on here but here is a recent update:

8d2e6ef6.jpg

JDM Tails :D They will be undergoing Clear Corners treatment over at Mike's shop in LA very soon. Also to come early next year are OEM 02+ Sideskirts, OEM 02+ Rear valence, KW v3 and Pride v2

Stay tuned!

all great choices :)

02+ front end conversion coming as well ? :wink:

JDM Tails :D They will be undergoing Clear Corners treatment over at Mike's shop in LA very soon. Also to come early next year are OEM 02+ Sideskirts, OEM 02+ Rear valence, KW v3 and Pride v2

Stay tuned!

Nope. I never changed it :frown:

This is good news!! Cuz it looks like you purchased the oem jdm piece!! Did you have a shop tint it?? Cuz it matches very well :)

all great choices

02+ front end conversion coming as well ?

Honestly, most likely down to road I'll get tired of the flip-ups and end up doing the 02+ front end conversion :D But for now am just gunna go with the shine type-1 jay leno chin looking lip haha

Last edited:
You would be the only MCB with ClearCornered JDM tails to ever post. I can see it now. With all the mods due to be completed in Dec, it will look very nice. Now that's what I call a Christmas gift for yourself!

You would be the only MCB with ClearCornered JDM tails to ever post. I can see it now. With all the mods due to be completed in Dec, it will look very nice. Now that's what I call a Christmas gift for yourself!

YES!! I dont think I've seen anyone on prime post ClearCornered JDM tails, period. I could be wrong though?

And yes, I am Mexican so i will be unwrapping a few tamales on christmas plus some nsx goodies from santa in brown uniform wearing short shorts :D

Bat.. Nope my baby was sleeping in the garage all weekend :)

Forgot to post this update a few weeks ago... Picked up a momo mod 78 330mm in alcantara.. And a brand new jdm oem type-s horn button :D

25yvbit.jpg

Now i need the cantrell rapid hub :facepalm: I will enjoy looking at these two items in the meantime.

Some updates!! Finally got around to installing a few goodies in November..

First, I finally got ahold of a steering wheel hub (TAITEC) from prime member SWIFTVISION, thx buddy.

hub.jpg

Got together with my good friend AdvansCPAP and the process begins... Mexi + Viet labor!! Out with the old in with the new...

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

Thanks to AdvansCPAP for wiring this beesh up.. Horn button works like a charm and the SRS light does not come on. We also had to shave down the hub a bit where the horn button ring goes.

Then look who decided to show up...

IMG_0154.jpg

El SuperSonic + AdvansCPAP + MexiRicer

Also decided to install some HIDs!

Picked up a McColluch kit in 6000k

Also ordered an LED interior and exterior kit from jdm_monkey, looks great! Still waiting for him to send me the resistors though to prevent the annoying hyper blink.. Bro if you're reading this, please send them out asap! Thanks :)

Once again, got together with AdvansCPAP to combine that Mexi and Viet power...

Testfitting the ballasts and making sure we wired everything up correctly! As you can see, we tapped into the stock harness and used the ground wire as well as power to the lo beam.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

Our very intricate work station... Had a blast drilling holes through the dust caps X___x

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Everything is wired up and ready to be plugged back in.. Here is the result...

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I'm not happy at all with the 6000k bulbs... 5000k are on their way :)

Back