• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are the quitest racing pads for stop tech bbk?

Hi guys,
I'm looking at getting stop tech bbk for my car and woulds like to know your opinions on brake pads. I will be tracking the car heavily but would like to find a pad that can be driven on the street.
A little noise is ok but i would like to avoid a pad that is useless cold.
I'm not after 100% braking force at cold temps just something that works reasonably.
thanks

I've had great success with both Carbotech XP8 and Carbotech XP10 pads on my Brembo Gran Turismo's. I'm not sure if they make these for the Stoptech's, but I believe you can check with Science of Speed. Great for track and street.

I'm running Performance Friction PFC01 pads now. They squeal a bit more than the Carbotech's, but are better in my opinion. More heat resistant and totally fade free. Very good bite. I drive mine on the street as well since I'm too lazy to change them between track events.

I was also concerned about the cold stopping power of a "track oriented" pad. I ended up going with Carbotech XP10/XP8 pad on my Z06 and think they have better initial bite than the stock pads and haven't noticed any issues with cold/wet stopping power. They do squeak and squeal so be forewarned about that.

Obviously, this is not NSX-specific advice so YMMV.

Hi guys,
I'm looking at getting stop tech bbk for my car and woulds like to know your opinions on brake pads. I will be tracking the car heavily but would like to find a pad that can be driven on the street.
A little noise is ok but i would like to avoid a pad that is useless cold.
I'm not after 100% braking force at cold temps just something that works reasonably.
thanks

Unless you are really hard on brakes as in late braker, go with Carbotech's AX6 (previously known as Panther Plus) if you want a mixed use and see what you think. If you chafer the edges by 1/8" they will not squeal.

Carbotech does make XP8 and XP10 for the Stoptech; I have the XP10 for track (and their Bobcats for daily drives). Based on my driving at the track, I find that the XP10 is too much for my needs - I don't stump on the brakes at cone 1 :wink: - so the XP8 might be more preferable for me in terms of the track operating temps. YMMV.

Unless you are really hard on brakes as in late braker, go with Carbotech's AX6 (previously known as Panther Plus) if you want a mixed use and see what you think. If you chafer the edges by 1/8" they will not squeal.

Carbotech does make XP8 and XP10 for the Stoptech; I have the XP10 for track (and their Bobcats for daily drives). Based on my driving at the track, I find that the XP10 is too much for my needs - I don't stump on the brakes at cone 1 :wink: - so the XP8 might be more preferable for me in terms of the track operating temps. YMMV.

Thanks for the info. I will be running around 420 whp and probably need a pad that will take high temps. not sure if the xp10 will cut it.
the only other ones available from sos are the pfc pads.
may try the endurance pad.
If anyone is running this let me know
cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I will be running around 420 whp and probably need a pad that will take high temps. not sure if the xp10 will cut it.
the only other ones available from sos are the pfc range.
may try the endurance pad.
If anyone is running this let me know
cheers

Glad to provide info. But whp is not necessarily the key to what type of pads you should use. I have 365 rwhp and still think the XP8 is quite adequate for my needs/tracks. BNy the way they also make an XP12!!

Your style of braking, the tires, the ambient temps, and the track you attend have far more to do with pad requirements than the rwhp you have - IMHO.

The Stoptech rotors are quite efficient and with some cooling gizmos like the Dali air deflectors they really reduce rotors temps compared to OEM with deflectors and no dust shield. In my case the difference was over 250F hence why pad needs changed too. HTH.

Glad to provide info. But whp is not necessarily the key to what type of pads you should use. I have 365 rwhp and still think the XP8 is quite adequate for my needs/tracks. BNy the way they also make an XP12!!

Your style of braking, the tires, the ambient temps, and the track you attend have far more to do with pad requirements than the rwhp you have - IMHO.

The Stoptech rotors are quite efficient and with some cooling gizmos like the Dali air deflectors they really reduce rotors temps compared to OEM with deflectors and no dust shield. In my case the difference was over 250F hence why pad needs changed too. HTH.
Good to know, I would prefer a pad thats kinder on the rotors. i will look into them more
thanks

I agree with your post and would like to add that weight of the car plays a role in determining the correct pad. My personal belief is that one of the major reasons people have brake issues is not the pads, not the rotors, not the calipers, but inadequate brake fluid (which most people take care of) and inadequate ducting/cooling (which many people do not).

Last edited:

IMO the AX6 with good fluid is good enough for anyone on track with I/H/E and 235/265 street tires (AD08, StarSpec, RE11, etc...) and probably most even with FI. Great for street/track but dust a lot and squeal.

For your Stoptechs, it depends on how often you track your car. PFC 01s are hard to beat.

IMO the AX6 with good fluid is good enough for anyone on track with I/H/E and 235/265 street tires (AD08, StarSpec, RE11, etc...) and probably most even with FI. Great for street/track but dust a lot and squeal. For your Stoptechs, it depends on how often you track your car. PFC 01s are hard to beat.

+1 on Carbotech AX-6! I've used hundreds of sets of brakes over the years, and many other compounds, Hawk, PFC, Cobalt... you-name-it... and also the other 'higher' XP Carbotech compounds. In the equation of long life-durability-stopping power-price, the AX-6 is ideal for the NSX, and is the pad I use without exception now.

i always had good luck with hawk hp+ on my tracked nsx, and we just ran them on our da integra lemons car last weekend at cmp (very tough on brakes) and they were flawless. zero noise, good cold bite, decent wear characteristics, and enough heat capacity to handle anything we could throw at them on street tires. they just dust like a mofo.

the ax6 is also very good, i used them on a street/track miata with no problems either. and if you can get pfc01 or 06 they're definitely worth a try, i use the 06 on my spec e30 and love them.

Last edited:
Back